Scania 140 / 141

Computer drawing not going well

Drawing a bit better, wheels too small but I only had a 1p to draw round

Managed to get front axle sorted, trying to adjust track with rear axle as a guide, suspension parts painted grey, soon be putting axles on to the chassis

You wouldn’t believe the trouble I had getting scaled down Scania grey chassis paint :smiley:

20210404_151300.jpg

20210404_151307.jpg

Front wheels with half of a sack barrow split rim in the centre and ten studs added

Wheels tracked up with chassis, drive axle still to add

Had to drop the trailer off the dolly so as I can pinch the wheels for now, fifth wheel will be moved to directly over the axle and an A frame added, probably just use axle, fifth wheel and then make a new A frame to suit

Engine covers painted

landowner:
Fastest man in Ireland (allegedly)

Remember reading about him before. Had a coach diff fitted and there was another fella that had a F89 with one fitted. :wink:

Steer axle and trailing lift axle all lined up and fixed, Working on drive axle now then I’ll position the gearbox and engine

Managed to find headlamps the right size and get them fitted, quite happy with the grill now. I know the V8 badge is in the wrong place, just stuck it on, I’ll lower it when I put the 141 badge on to match
Rest of cab coming along, I thought it was square and would be easy but it’s not

Drawbar hitch welded on and gearbox in place

Does anyone know for sure how high the rear axle lifts on a 141 6x2 please
I know it’s quite high off the road but would like to know so as I can set the lift height on my model’s rear axle

Temporary body and trailer not done but getting there.

Anyone know the timeline for the early 140s? I believe they came out in '68 or '69. Were they always called 140 ‘Super’ or was the Super a later modification? Cheers! Ro

G’day Ro, according to Patrick Dyer’s book, the 140 debuted at the 1969 Frankfurt motor show, but had been road tested since 1966.

I happened to find this pic of my Dad’s recently (if you can rotate it, that’d be great)- the day he took delivery of it in March 1981.

Maybe some local work would have been a good idea first up, but as it was he ran straight down to Plymouth to load fish for Taranto, southern Italy.

The problem though, was that Scania had fitted the large (88 gallon I think) fuel tanks that he ordered- but unfortunately had fitted the short stack pipes from the smaller tanks, and he promptly 'ran out ’ of fuel half way through the Mt.Blanc tunnel of all places - with the fuel gauge still between quarter & half.
Apart from that, she never missed a beat in the 3 years he used it.

Merry Christmas

Keith

kmills:
G’day Ro, according to Patrick Dyer’s book, the 140 debuted at the 1969 Frankfurt motor show, but had been road tested since 1966.

I happened to find this pic of my Dad’s recently (if you can rotate it, that’d be great)- the day he took delivery of it in March 1981.

Maybe some local work would have been a good idea first up, but as it was he ran straight down to Plymouth to load fish for Taranto, southern Italy.

The problem though, was that Scania had fitted the large (88 gallon I think) fuel tanks that he ordered- but unfortunately had fitted the short stack pipes from the smaller tanks, and he promptly 'ran out ’ of fuel half way through the Mt.Blanc tunnel of all places - with the fuel gauge still between quarter & half.
Apart from that, she never missed a beat in the 3 years he used it.

Merry Christmas

Keith

Cheers for that Keith. :sunglasses: Merry Christmas mate!

Cheers Ro, how do you rotate the pics?- I tried everything…

kmills:

Shrink them a tad this usually works, Buzzer

Buzzer:

kmills:

Shrink them a tad this usually works, Buzzer

^^this. It works sometimes for me too. But I’m still experimenting. Just as I think I’ve nailed it, I find I can’t rotate them. In this case I copied it to my laptop, rotated it and then went into into its ‘properties’, couldn’t find anything useful to change and came out again. Nonetheless it seems to have worked. Taking it into ‘Paint’ and slightly re-sizing it works sometimes, as you rightly suggest.

Hey,

Happy New Year LB people. Here’s an oddity:
youtube.com/watch?v=vt6O_hi6E4w

Looks like a 1975 model, with a few earlier parts on it, like the 140/V8 badges and the steering wheel. Has anyone ever seen those shiny seats on an LB? I thought they were all fluffy after January 1975.

[zb]
anorak:
Looks like a 1975 model, with a few earlier parts on it, like the 140/V8 badges and the steering wheel. Has anyone ever seen those shiny seats on an LB? I thought they were all fluffy after January 1975.

Those seats look straight out of an A-series or early B-series ERF! If my hand slid down the right-hand side of that driving seat my two middle fingers’d be twitching for the range-change plunger on the Fuller stick :smiley:

ERF-NGC-European:

[zb]
anorak:

Those seats look straight out of an A-series or early B-series ERF! If my hand slid down the right-hand side of that driving seat my two middle fingers’d be twitching for the range-change plunger on the Fuller stick :smiley:

Haha!! They have the same colour trim as a '75 LB- exactly, as far as I can see. I reckon they must have been a rare option, for tippers or other mucky operations. Damned if I would want to sit on one of those in the summer.