Scampton A15

Does the speed camera there flash at 40mph in the 50mph zone?

I don’t know, how fast do you rekon you were going :laughing:

I’d be very surprised if it didn’t. Watch out for the silver unmarked Audi A3 around there too. Was sat watching and waiting just north of there on Saturday afternoon.

Yeah I was in a 7.5t the other week and it flashed me doing 48 mph. Never heard anything of it and when I asked a local plod when I arrived in spilsby he said it will flash anything above a certain height the they work out the weight from the reg…

Like I said, I never heard anything of it so I wouldn’t worry…

peak_46:
I’d be very surprised if it didn’t. Watch out for the silver unmarked Audi A3 around there too. Was sat watching and waiting just north of there on Saturday afternoon.

And the BMW’s and the skoda Vrs they have…

cliffpark06:
Does the speed camera there flash at 40mph in the 50mph zone?

If it does there’s clearly something wrong with it… :laughing:

thelorryist:
Yeah I was in a 7.5t the other week and it flashed me doing 48 mph. Never heard anything of it and when I asked a local plod when I arrived in spilsby he said it will flash anything above a certain height the they work out the weight from the reg…

Edited for muppetry lol

Yes it does…

There is a weight sensor in the road before it - seen many trucks getting flashed through that part of the road.

Note: there is no height sensor.

A lot of the cameras in Lincs do this…Dont ask me how I know :unamused: I stick to all limits at all times now and receive the abuse for doing so, from both car drivers and truck drivers :unamused: Yer couldnt make it up…I hate all of youse…

Yes, the 3 points on my licence remind me of it :cry:

weeto:

thelorryist:

Edited for muppetry lol

Sorry you have lost me■■?

leo.saphira:
Yes it does…

There is a weight sensor in the road before it - seen many trucks getting flashed through that part of the road.

Note: there is no height sensor.

I’m only quoting what the plod said. And like a previously said I never got anything through the post for it.

A weight sensor does sound more logical than a height sensor. I cant work out why it would flash me at 48mph? I was running nearly empty.

I got flashed only 3 weeks ago and got the notice of intended prosecution 2 days later showing my speed at 48mph. Got a speed awareness course to do in April instead of the 3 points on my brief. You can choose to do it locally too, on a saturday and in your home county as well. Bit miffed I did it as I have driven past it hundreds of times and knew it was there but hey ho pushing the envelope I suppose… It was 05.15 with naff all about

Was that the camera by the showground ?

Thats the one.

thelorryist:
‘… local plod … said it will flash anything above a certain height …’

Does such technology really exist and is it installed, do we know?

I’m wary of what ‘they’ (ie, Big Brother & His Electronic Surveillance Boffins) have up their sleeves in-lieu of having proper Plod in jam-jars on the Highway and want to both stay one step ahead as well as avoiding points hassle*(obviously!)*.

There used to be a speed camera on the A505 between Duxford and Royston. That had what looked like a reflector on a post, about eight feet from the ground, a few feet from the camera. I once saw a Sainsburys lorry get flashed.

It has now been removed.

Its best to stick to 40 mph where the camaras are as lad where i work got 12 points through them

Been asked recently, yes the cameras between Lincoln and the 180 are all HGV enabled, as is the one on the A46 Lincoln Bypass as you come down the hill to the race course /A57 roundabout. Play safe :wink:

yes it dose get trucks going over 40mph, i know coz i had to go on a speeding course because of it :blush: