Saw a drivers nightmare today

4:30am, minding my own business sat a good distance from the artic in front approx 52mph, Suddenly the HGV in front violently swerves into lane 2 with the hazards on, a second later the one in front of me does the same and reveals an Argos Artic Jack-knifed into the armco, backside sticking out clear into Lane 1. I hit the hazards and begin to brake, noticing the trailers lights are not working (Suzie broken), I positioned my van in Lane 1 with the hazards on (Possibly not the smartest idea I realise), before jumping out and making sure the traffic behind me had seen it.

Driver said a Deer had run out, quite possible on this section of the M6, but whatever it was showed how easy it is to do. Raining and a lot of standing water, a 4x2 and a sudden movement obviously just took the truck out from under him, driver didn’t look young and I would imagine had some experience driving. The cab had come right round and destroyed the air kit and stuck into the trailer, driver was luckily unhurt if a little shaken. We stayed until the Police came and took charge of the situation.

Just a reminder to take care all, doesn’t take a lot to end up in a situation like this. And if the Argos driver reads this, hope your not too badly shaken, and your TM ain’t on your ■■■ too bad pal!

David.

Deer are becoming a big problem these days and tend to be about during daylight more than they used to.

Having hit one whilst driving my car years ago I always drive on the assumption that they are about and am seldom wrong. I encounter one or two a week driving to and from work.

I saw a deer get run over the other day, on the A1, were you join the A19 going north.
Surprised me just how big they are, and how much damage they do.
Used to work with a guy and if he saw 1 dead at the side of the road, he took it home and a ate it.

Sent from my iPad.

Bu how does a deer running out in front of a truck result in a jacknife into the armco.Truck staying in a straight line v deer no contest. :open_mouth: :unamused: :confused:

Carryfast:
Bu how does a deer running out in front of a truck result in a jacknife into the armco.Truck staying in a straight line v deer no contest. :open_mouth: :unamused: :confused:

Maybe it was a John Deere :grimacing:

billybigrig:

Carryfast:

Which had fallen off the back of a low loader because the driver hadn’t read the VOSA matrix. :open_mouth: :smiling_imp: :laughing: :laughing:

One of our local Bozo’s in a 10 tonner hit a Rhino at about 50mph, knocked it at least 60 feet, didn;t half make a mess of the truck, bearing in mind it was daylight, driver reported he didnt see it :unamused: His boss was fined a lot of money indeed.

billybigrig:

Carryfast:

But its now a John Doe Deere

Carryfast:

If there was a deer it hadn’t hit it, but had swerved to avoid. Tbh with the amount of water on the road I wouldn’t be suprised if it simply aquaplained and he over corrected.

There was no damage other than the Armco collision and the trailer hitting the cab

Carryfast:

The intelligence of some people on this site is quite shocking!

snoopnosepreedletot:

Carryfast:

The intelligence of some people on this site is quite shocking!

The driver must’ve over reacted! A deer strike can kill in a car but hitting one in an artic does less damage than jack knife into Armco you swerve for some people not animals.

billybigrig:

Carryfast:

:grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

my truck had a nasty collision with mother deer and baby deer last year and i can tell you they made a right mess of the front of the truck , had no option but to plough straight into them as on a country road there was no swerving out of the way … dont go that road anymore …

Mr B:
…you swerve for some people not animals.

Which people do we not swerve for? I would love to know, I’m just a licence holder you see and this wasn’t in the theory test or covered during my training. I don’t want to get it wrong and swerve for the wrong person.

Which people do we hit and which do we avoid?

A doe a deer a femail deer…

billybigrig:

Carryfast:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Carryfast:

billybigrig:

Carryfast:

Which had fallen off the back of a low loader because the driver hadn’t read the VOSA matrix. :open_mouth: :smiling_imp: :laughing: :laughing:

Sorry but another worthy round of :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Femails are dear - agree with that :stuck_out_tongue:

passed it myself this morn was wet /heavy rain some times things go wrong. same old p-- take from glory boys as long as he was ok thats all that matters. :neutral_face: :neutral_face:

Something for the weekend Sir?

bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/the_u … _pie_22928

Made with Venison, Duck and Rabbit :stuck_out_tongue:

Sounds like a dream to me!