Saviem's fan club (Part 1)

When Spanish lorries looked like Spanish lorries instead of the bland Euro trucks we get today:

Indeed! Here’s another Spanish truck; GCW for the rigid 8: 37,5 tonnes. The Pegaso had a good reputation of reliability.

Hungarian Csepel D 706

Latil H16A1 for rail-road transport.

1954 Saurer 5 DCST. The last French Saurer.

hqdefault.jpg

Les Sylphides:

Quite a rare Krupp:

V8 265 hp Krupp-■■■■■■■
Single tyres on the tandem-axle

The curtains closed in 1968 with a to small number of sold chassis and Mercedes-Benz took over
the supply of spare parts and service via the old Krupp-garages soon to be closed however.

ERF-Continental:

Les Sylphides:

Quite a rare Krupp:

V8 265 hp Krupp-■■■■■■■
Single tyres on the tandem-axle

The curtains closed in 1968 with a to small number of sold chassis and Mercedes-Benz took over
the supply of spare parts and service via the old Krupp-garages soon to be closed however.

Krupp-■■■■■■■ engine? How did that work then? Was it basically a Krupp motor or a ■■■■■■■ one?

That might help to explain why some later Krupps had Fuller gearboxes too!

Les,

Good you’re back? I remember some crisp and clear feedback on (merely the White Road Commmander’s ex Swiss■■?) and Krupp
came from a situation with two-cycle engines (out of their own stable) but feared the outcome toward high horse power, hence
the marriage with ■■■■■■■ who were eager (and ■■■■■) to put themselves on a BIG market in Europe with outflow to M-E.

From 1963 to 1968 (when the curtains dropped/closed) the VIM 6-8 were quite succesful in Europe,…bear in mind that almost
every truckbuilder was worried to extend/expand…when I remember correctly the max output was 280 hp but within some
years ■■■■■■■ offered 335hp with their NTC and THAT was a good step to influence the market, sadly ERF NGC did not made it.

Krupp 6x4 with ■■■■■■■ motor in France.

ERF-Continental:
Les,

Good you’re back? I remember some crisp and clear feedback on (merely the White Road Commmander’s ex Swiss■■?) and Krupp
came from a situation with two-cycle engines (out of their own stable) but feared the outcome toward high horse power, hence
the marriage with ■■■■■■■ who were eager (and ■■■■■) to put themselves on a BIG market in Europe with outflow to M-E.

From 1963 to 1968 (when the curtains dropped/closed) the VIM 6-8 were quite succesful in Europe,…bear in mind that almost
every truckbuilder was worried to extend/expand…when I remember correctly the max output was 280 hp but within some
years ■■■■■■■ offered 335hp with their NTC and THAT was a good step to influence the market, sadly ERF NGC did not made it.

Oh I see. Just trying to pick the bones out of your reply!
White Road Commanders usually had either Caterpillar or ■■■■■■■■
Did you mean ‘■■■■■’ - this is ■■■■■■■■ explicit slang :wink: !
Presumably the VIM 280 was superceded by the NTC 290.
What didn’t the NGC make? I thought some of the later ones had NTC big-cam 290s.
Krupp’s phoenix rise from the ashes was pretty miraculous - odd that they failed to endure.

Les

TOP picture Michel and your picture tells exactly the strength of the Krupp-chassis at the end of that era.

Here’s another Krupp tractor.

In end of 1964 ,at Paris exhibition ,Unic launched the V8 engine with 225 hp, there the front cab 'Izoard MZ 222 TCA '.2 years after the same engine received the Saurer injection and power reached 270 hp and the cab a tilt-cab.

Interesting picture I had never seen before, in a lovely “auvergnat” environment.

Somua JL 19 insulate body from late 1950’s
uploader photo

A pity the fog lamp is hanging miserably!

Looks like a demonstration truck for Benalu trailers. This one is peculiar, with a wide side door probably intended to load/unload palettes, and certainly an independant engine to raise the tipper, in the red box under the chassis. Interesting!

No bells are ringing…it’s Belgian-registrated and on the door of this Leyland Martian it says “Kalmthout” a place east of Antwerp.

Any ideas?

Leyland-Martian.jpg