Saviem's fan club (Part 1)

No idea, but I can eventually ask…

Froggy55:

pv83:

A careful look makes me wonder if this one couldn’t be a Spanish-built Hispano-Suiza. Unusual truck anyway!

Could be a very rare Packard on our continent?

87448874_2220534954908744_275675482370867200_n.jpg

Froggy55:

pv83:

A careful look makes me wonder if this one couldn’t be a Spanish-built Hispano-Suiza. Unusual truck anyway!

No clue who imported the Packard-vehicles in the BeNeLux and most likely the tractor was built from a passenger-car.

The preserved yellow-tractor (with wood-generator) is a 626 from around 1929.

Mystery solved?

87448874_2220534954908744_275675482370867200_n.jpg

Buzzer

Interesting, because very few of these Scanias, in fact very few foreign truck at that time, were sold in France. This one seems just taken out of a shed, and in relatively sound condition.

Froggy55:
Interesting, because very few of these Scanias, in fact very few foreign truck at that time, were sold in France. This one seems just taken out of a shed, and in relatively sound condition.

Froggy55 I thought that myself, in reasonable condition so worth a restoration, Buzzer

John,

Here is another French LB76 parked in a place you are familiar with, waiting for Horry to give it a wash, hope you and The Boss are well.
Roolechat will be able to give us the information.

Regards
Richard

MaggieD:
John,

Here is another French LB76 parked in a place you are familiar with, waiting for Horry to give it a wash, hope you and The Boss are well.

Regards
Richard

Registered in 1966.

Froggy55:

MaggieD:
John,

Regards
Richard

Thank you Froggy55,

For the nformation,I took that in 1987 in Southampton,I sold it to a chap in Stoke on Trent who was going to restore it.

Regards
Richard

ERF-Continental:

Froggy55:

pv83:

No clue who imported the Packard-vehicles in the BeNeLux and most likely the tractor was built from a passenger-car.

The preserved yellow-tractor (with wood-generator) is a 626 from around 1929.

Mystery solved?

Apparently a quite common LB76 (rare in France) is more attractive than searching for real heritage…
Packard-chassis were quite easy to transform into a goods-vehicle. Even tow-wreckers as attached pic

a746a1d0bd3bab484e4d866dcd5a30a6.jpg

MaggieD:

Froggy55:

MaggieD:
John,

Regards
Richard

Thank you Froggy55,

For the nformation,I took that in 1987 in Southampton,I sold it to a chap in Stoke on Trent who was going to restore it.

Regards
Richard

Well, I hope he did a good job with it. It looks there was a little elbow grease to spend on its bodywork, but nothing exceptionnal for a truck which spend 20 years on the roads of Normandy!

Well done for the inquiry about the Packard conversion!

[/attachment]

MaggieD:
John,

Regards
Richard

Centrale Routiere S.A. operated a number of LB76s,which were gradually replaced with 110 Supers. 9688FW76 was the last LB76 in CR’s fleet & spent the last of it’s CR life shunting trailers to & from the Port Jerome area.

CR Scania LTS16 (1).jpg

Sweating and probably weeping too, in Guinea a couple of days ago. Berliet GLR (left) and Renault G (right).

1968 LHD Leyland Supersix for sale this month in France for some £5000. Strangely, the steering wheel in on the left, and the instrument panel on the right. At least are the pedals at their right place…

Froggy55:
1968 LHD Leyland Supersix for sale this month in France for some £5000. Strangely, the steering wheel in on the left, and the instrument panel on the right. At least are the pedals at their right place…

Instrument panel from what I remember in these LAD cabs was in the centre, it’s camera illusion Froggy.
Oily

Credit to Dave Fawcett for the photos.
Oily

oiltreader:
Credit to Dave Fawcett for the photos.
Oily

And on this one, the steering wheel seems in the middle! Probably a cab intended for four people, with a passenger on his left, which was common on fire recue engines.

oiltreader:

Froggy55:

Instrument panel from what I remember in these LAD cabs was in the centre, it’s camera illusion Froggy.
Oily

Thanks!

Somua JL 19 with Tual and Gourmelen cab.