Saviem's fan club (Part 1)

Dutch Panhard with local built cab?

Yes, fully electric powered vehicles are the future… :unamused:

Steam engine, that’s as much as I can say about it…

32235239_1514139165375657_6843368196708237312_n.jpg

I don’t think I’ve posted this before, but this is from my Belgian map, as small as Belgium is as a country, they did had quite a automotive industry with Brossel, Minerva etc.

83793030_4323044657735806_8150089662686298112_n.jpg

94724716_2582018805236399_8692020205074776064_n.jpg

89600964_4326217157418556_6108971635685982208_n.jpg

89515689_2305767333055271_5250533447037878272_n.jpg

pv83:

Indeed!

I’m just back and should be out all day tomorrow, but will take some time later to have a close look to all your Belgian and Dutch pictures. These two countries indeed were truck manufacturers, but also built spacious and comfortable cabs for many foreign chassis such as AEC, Leyland or Scania. What a waste they all disappeared, excepted for DAF!

I agree with Froggy on both counts:

what a fantastic array of Belgian wagons;

and yes they put sleeper cabs on Brit lorries that we could have been thus adorning, the best example of which IMHO is the Bollekens cabbed AEC Mk 5 (I created a separate thread about those).

ERF-Continental created a number of threads on here following the fortunes not only of the Dutch and Belgian manufacturers but how those two countries utilised UK-manufactured lorries as well.

pv83:

Your first picture in the 3th series, is that a bollekes cab on the volvo ?

pv83:

A careful look makes me wonder if this one couldn’t be a Spanish-built Hispano-Suiza. Unusual truck anyway!

The two main Belgian truck manufacturers were Miesse (or Automiesse) and Brossel; both also built bus/coach chassis. Here’s an ad’ and picture of a Miesse 835T powered by a 150 bhp Gardner 8LW engine

ERF-NGC-European:

and yes they put sleeper cabs on Brit lorries that we could have been thus adorning, the best example of which IMHO is the Bollekens cabbed AEC Mk 5 (I created a separate thread about those).

ERF-Continental created a number of threads on here following the fortunes not only of the Dutch and Belgian manufacturers but how those two countries utilised UK-manufactured lorries as well.

Makes you wonder why they were never able to build a decent cab on the home market? Not slagging it off, as I for one quite like seeing a AEC with it’s original cab, but the ones Bollekens made must have been felt “premium” in comparison?

Froggy55:

pv83:

Indeed!

I’m just back and should be out all day tomorrow, but will take some time later to have a close look to all your Belgian and Dutch pictures. These two countries indeed were truck manufacturers, but also built spacious and comfortable cabs for many foreign chassis such as AEC, Leyland or Scania. What a waste they all disappeared, excepted for DAF!

Kromhout, Verheul, FTF to name just a few Paul, pity that they’re all gone now.

bald:

pv83:

Your first picture in the 3th series, is that a bollekes cab on the volvo ?

The thought occured to me, but I’m not sure. No doubt the more knowledgeable men on here will provide an answer.

Froggy55:
The two main Belgian truck manufacturers were Miesse (or Automiesse) and Brossel; both also built bus/coach chassis. Here’s an ad’ and picture of a Miesse 835T powered by a 150 bhp Gardner 8LW engine

I wonder if there are any left? In a private collection or museum perhaps,?

pv83:

ERF-NGC-European:

Makes you wonder why they were never able to build a decent cab on the home market? Not slagging it off, as I for one quite like seeing a AEC with it’s original cab, but the ones Bollekens made must have been felt “premium” in comparison?

One of the reasons was that the unions were against sleeper cabs here. They never really took off till the '70s, with the odd examples doing long-haul Continental work a bit earlier.

pv83:

Froggy55:

I wonder if there are any left? In a private collection or museum perhaps,?

I found this picture on internet, but without any comment. Definitely looks preserved, but where?

Berliet