Saviem's fan club (Part 1)

Delahaye 163.

michel:
Delahaye 163.

The bike depicted on the side of the van looks a bit more lively than these old bone-shakers:
bing.com/images/search?q=%2 … &FORM=RCIR

Thanks for the link; I had never heard about that make before, though they even produced mopeds!

Froggy55:
Thanks for the link; I had never heard about that make before, though they even produced mopeds!

Froggy 55, I spent many years in France in the 70´s and 80´s yet that name is new to me too. But the pics show products that look more like the 50´s era, so I had a go on Google.

It seems that they were produced in numbers from the 40´s before ceasing production in ´67. But many Lucer bikes and mopeds were produced in that time. Yet I have never heard of them let alone seen one. There were (perhaps still are in the country|) many ancient Motobecane, Peugeot and Solex bikes and moped about so what happened to these Lucer? Odd.

Love the atmosphere of these photos of the Paris-Kabul run. Robert

ERF-NGC-European:
Love the atmosphere of these photos of the Paris-Kabul run. Robert

Thanks for these interesting pictures! I didn’t know Malissard & Savarzeix was involved in this mythic line, nor the bonneted Berliet TLM 12.

Registered early in 1980, making it one of the last Berliets, at a time bonneted trucks were no longer used for long distance transport.

Dinoir were the haulier used by Fridged Freight when they sent unnaccompanied trailers over to France in the late 50’s, early 60’s. There is a photo of my father and the French driver posing in front of one of their units on the Fridged Freight site. Jim

Before Berliet, Dinoir had Unic tractors.

Froggy55:

pv83:

Froggy55:
Leyland Chieftain with Pelpel cab

How much were sold with that Pelpel cab fitted Froggy?

This cab was one of Pelplel’s last models, and matches by no ways the reputation of quality Pelpel had. It was fitted mainly on a few handfulls of Bernards, and probably just a few Leylands. Poorly designed and assembled with cheap steel, it rusted very quickly and I’m not even sure one of them was preserved. As we say in French “le chant du cygne” for Pelpel.

Two of the Bernards have been preserved on a scrapyard and are actually for sale. They’re rusty and tattered, but fairly complete. Photos aren’t mine, they’re taken from a facebook group. I’ve also found a picture of a second Leyland sporting that cab. But the most succesful was probably the DAF variation as Stouff and Savam ran a few, one of those has been preserved as well.

It never occured to me that this DAF cab could have been made by Pelpel, but there’s definitely a family look between the two. Maybe Michel will tell more?

Don’t know the make of this two seater fitted with an open air sleeper, :smiley: :smiley: but I’m sure Fergie can help. :imp: :imp: regards Kev.
IMG_20190523_184955.jpg

kevmac47:
Don’t know the make of this two seater fitted with an open air sleeper, :smiley: :smiley: but I’m sure Fergie can help. :imp: :imp: regards Kev.0

Kev, I think its “Air Cooled”. :slight_smile: :sunglasses: Ray Smyth.

Pelpel built these cabs for Daf and Leyland, also Bernard in the late 60 th. Here is one Daf sleepercab for Savam company.

kevmac47:
Don’t know the make of this two seater fitted with an open air sleeper, :smiley: :smiley: but I’m sure Fergie can help. :imp: :imp: regards Kev.

Excellent!

I found these two online:

This one can be bought for $2,695. Made from recycled parts.

jsutherland:

kevmac47:
Don’t know the make of this two seater fitted with an open air sleeper, :smiley: :smiley: but I’m sure Fergie can help. :imp: :imp: regards Kev.2

Excellent!

I found these two online:

This one can be bought for $2,695. Made from recycled parts.
Upcycled Massey Ferguson tractor table adds rustic charm to any home bar - Homecrux

Reminds me of a pub I’ve visited last year, believe it was called “The Fergie Inn” or sommat, down in rural Bretagne, the lady of the house was alright, the lord of the house however… quite a different story, but maybe Mr Smith remembers more about it… :wink:

Found the following, apologies if some of it has been posted before…

Corbitt.jpg

Amsterdam Spuistraat.jpg

Relay.jpg

A young and proud (?) Herr Sutherland posing next to his modified mobile bog…