Saviem's fan club (Part 1)

Jean-michel Beitscher__8206_.jpg

BERNARD CA 6 LW.jpg

pv83:
A young and proud (?) Herr Sutherland posing next to his modified mobile bog…

Looks like I’m pulling a fridge as well [emoji1]

Sent using Tapatalk.
Johnny

Vabis.jpg

Looks roomy for its day! Was it a sleeper, a crew cab; or both? Robert

For the cab-builders amongst us…perhaps TIPTOP knows more on the accompanying Volvo-picture?

My guess is Jonckeere from Roeselare

Volvo-Viking-Jonckheere-vanHool.jpg

That’s the first close-up photo I’ve seen of this old lady… Came past it several times, but never got the chance to stop… It’s only now that I’ve learned it wasn’t a DAF build cab… thank you Michel for the info. Hopefully someone will buy it and restore her to her former glory… For the ones wondering where it is, just south of Montelimar, towards Donzere, on the left is a industrial estate and opposite that on the right through the fields one can spot the old girl…

ERF-NGC-European:

Reckon just a sleeper…?

jsutherland:

pv83:

Looks like I’m pulling a fridge as well [emoji1]

Sent using Tapatalk.
Johnny

Don’t get cocky now! :unamused: :laughing:

jsutherland:

kevmac47:
Don’t know the make of this two seater fitted with an open air sleeper, :smiley: :smiley: but I’m sure Fergie can help. :imp: :imp: regards Kev.2

Excellent!

I found these two online:

This one can be bought for $2,695. Made from recycled parts.
Upcycled Massey Ferguson tractor table adds rustic charm to any home bar - Homecrux

FFS. To paraphrase your motto, “We are all faced with a series of great opportunities to plunder the wallets of idiots, brilliantly disguised as scrap.”

pv83:

Patrick,

I hope you are well ? if young Johnny drove off with that mobile loo, would he be taking the p.ss ?

Regards
Richard

MaggieD:

pv83:

Patrick,

I hope you are well ? if young Johnny drove off with that mobile loo, would he be taking the p.ss ?

Regards
Richard

[emoji16][emoji16][emoji16]

Sent using Tapatalk.
Johnny

ERF-NGC-European:

What a superb vehicle that is. Is that a Finnish or Norwegian plate on it?

Lots of interesting vehicles in the past few days. What is this?

It’s an Einsenhower X2. A handful of them were produced c. 1950, some bonneted, some with front cab.

Here’s a bonneted one

Here’s the transmisison. It was powered by two GM 2-stroke 145 bhp 6-cyl engines.

Eisenhauer, not Eisenhower. Sorry for the mistake!

Froggy55:

No problem. Superb posts. I’ve learned something new today. :smiley:

It looks like a lot of engineering to achieve a little gain. I guess one of the engines could be left idle for light running?

MaggieD:

pv83:

Patrick,

Regards
Richard

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Nice one Richard!

I’m alright mate, ta!
How are you and the Mrs? And the rest of the family?

[zb]
anorak:

ERF-NGC-European:

What a superb vehicle that is. Is that a Finnish or Norwegian plate on it?

Can’t really see it properly… we need Swedish Danne on this one :wink:

[zb]
anorak:

Froggy55:

It looks like a lot of engineering to achieve a little gain. I guess one of the engines could be left idle for light running?

Cheers Paul, at first I thought it was a International? Would have been quite the sight to behold back in the day.

And as far as the engineering goes, mighty impressive, but what exactly are the pros and cons of it…?

pv83:

[zb]
anorak:

Froggy55:

Cheers Paul, at first I thought it was a International? Would have been quite the sight to behold back in the day.

And as far as the engineering goes, mighty impressive, but what exactly are the pros and cons of it…?

Pros:
You get to hear two of these, at the same time:

Cons:
The whole thing is almost as complex as two complete lorries, even if it does carry twice as much payload. OK, you save one driver, but you might need twice as many fitters to look after it.

I am enthused by this recent crop of pictures- Americans, Germans and even a few French :smiley: . What about this?

Ford Cargo.jpg

Is the filename correct? It looks like a proper long-distance machine. Spot the curtains at the rear of the cab.