Saviem's fan club (Part 1)

rigsby:

Fergie47:

pv83:
Would be a nice project for you Senior, I’m sure JR would provide traction power for it :wink:

And why would I need JR, when I have a perfectly powerful Fergie to pull it… :wink:

I have noticed that whipps has become quieter , nay almost respectful of late . What did Madame Fergie do to him ?

Slapped his skinny little white leggies. …very hard… :exclamation:

Fergie47:

rigsby:

Fergie47:

pv83:
Would be a nice project for you Senior, I’m sure JR would provide traction power for it :wink:

And why would I need JR, when I have a perfectly powerful Fergie to pull it… :wink:

I have noticed that whipps has become quieter , nay almost respectful of late . What did Madame Fergie do to him ?

Slapped his skinny little white leggies. …very hard… :exclamation:

Nah, just good manners Rigsby, you should try it sometimes… ahum… I’ll get me coat…

vwvanman0:
Nice photos pv83, the chinese fl looks like a sino, saw one at waterford truck show last weekend but they have updated the cab.

Where was the yard with the 2 merc tractor units??

Could be a Sino indeed vwvanman, but my knowledge regarding Chinese lorry makers is quite… erm… non-existent shall we say :wink:

The yard with the Merc’s is in Belgium, situated on the N715 between Hechtel and Houthalen, didn’t saw the name though, but it did looked like it was a big-ish firm.

Cheers, Patrick

Fergie47:

pv83:

Nah, you want a proper pulling engine mate :laughing:

A couple of Fiat’s, Unic’s, Maggie’s and Iveco’s

Iveco_HZ_6achs_I.jpg

Nice to see Herr Sutherland making a appearance again…

Some interesting roof conversions…

Certainly your Iveco day, Patrick! Nice to see all these Kings of the Road!

pv83:

That’s a good fined there Whips, that’s the trailer, I guess the one near me could look like that, given time and a few shillings chucked at it…

Froggy55:
Certainly your Iveco day, Patrick! Nice to see all these Kings of the Road!

Cheers Paul :wink:

Fergie47:

pv83:

That’s a good fined there Whips, that’s the trailer, I guess the one near me could look like that, given time and a few shillings chucked at it…

Should we organize another “Saviem live aid” sort of thing to rescue that trailer Senior…? :wink: I’m sure most lads are willing to spend 5p on the project…

Saurer…

sau20.jpg

sau18.jpg

sau14.jpg

sau06.jpg

sau05.jpg

sau01.jpg

Some dressed up as Unic’s…

sau33.jpg

This one looks more like a Bernard?

sau19.jpg

pv83:
Saurer…

The first one looks like the grand-père of curtainsiders.

Over to you Froggy…Cottard cab ?

Indeed! A Somua JL 17 with a Cottard cab. Below are two more JL 17s; the first with a very similar Cottard cab; the second with a Terzian cab. First half of the 1950s; 150 bhp engine.

pv83:
Some dressed up as Unic’s…

I’d rather say Unics dressed up as Saurers, and fitted with a Saurer 130 bhp engine. The last French Saurers (1958), when they continued to be built in Switzerland until 1982.

pv83:
This one looks more like a Bernard?

Saurer 5 DCST with a Pelpel 3 cab similar to the ones fitted on the Bernards.

pv83:
Saurer…

The Edeca one was repowered with a Perkins engine.