Saviem's fan club (Part 1)

Morning Patrick,
Yes its a team effort, I’ve posted all my stuff for John when he was still with us, mostly local to John and myself. All the French gear what Dave, Froggy, Michel and yourself post is all new to me but very interesting all the same. Are you still in France or back in NL?
[/quote]
Still in France mate, I’m “enjoying” a day off due to a HGV driving ban on a bank holiday… oh well, another case of putting me feet up eh…

Froggy55:

michel:
An other special cab from Tual and Gourmelen on Saviem JL20T with a semi " savoyarde" Trailor.

Thanks Michel! I had never seen this cab before, even on a French forum or magazine. I definitely prefer the design of the standard Saviem/Somua cab, even if this one must be more spacious.

I actually quite like the design of this particular cab, it certainly looks more spacious than what was more common in those days?

Since I’m prety clueless with these old-timers - over to you Froggy, Michel, Fergie etc. to add details about this old classic Bernard.

Registered in 1960, so probably a TD 150 or TD 180, but surely Michel will tell more!

The Bernard is 19TD150 with a Gardner licenced 6 cylinders engine, the cab was built in Rennes by Pelpel, notice that Bernard had rear epicyclic hub reduction in standard on most of its products as low profile frame appraised by tanker haulage firms.
Later the engine was put on 180 hp with a larger front grille as seen there in seldom drawbar example.

michel:
An other special cab from Tual and Gourmelen on Saviem JL20T with a semi " savoyarde" Trailor.

At first glance I thought that looked very simular to an '80’s ERF. …

Fergie47:
Men and their motors.

The small girl in front of the Ford Trancontinantal, is not driver now !

French Driver:

Fergie47:
Men and their motors.

The small girl in front of the Ford Trancontinantal, is not driver now !

French Driver… Bonsoir.

Thank you for your post…Is there a story of the little girl :question: …do you know her :question:

Merci pour votre post, ilya un histoire de la petite fille ? est ce que vous la connais?

cdlt

Fergie

Brittany Ferries “Penn Ar Bed” setting off from Roscoff, bound for Plymouth in May 1974. Ray Smyth.

Immediate post-WW II Renault 208 D. Powered by a 85 bhp 8-litre 4-cylinder diesel.

Same time Ford “Poissy” (on the right), probably powered with a side-valve petrol V8.

Every cloud has a silver lining, so having been dragged off to a plant sale (flowers and shrubs, not crawlers or D8 type plant) to our next village, there in the corner of the car park was this old trailer. At first glance it looked Dutch or German, but is it French. It looked all there except for a side panel, and worthy of a restoration, I’ve seen a lot worse rescued and brought back to life. Hopefully someone might save it, it’d look good behind an old F89 or Scania 6 wheeler …

Registered in 1990, but maybe as a second-hand and so could be slightly older.

Fergie47:
Every cloud has a silver lining, so having been dragged off to a plant sale (flowers and shrubs, not crawlers or D8 type plant) to our next village, there in the corner of the car park was this old trailer. At first glance it looked Dutch or German, but is it French. It looked all there except for a side panel, and worthy of a restoration, I’ve seen a lot worse rescued and brought back to life. Hopefully someone might save it, it’d look good behind an old F89 or Scania 6 wheeler …

Would be a nice project for you Senior, I’m sure JR would provide traction power for it :wink:

Bit of an Italian thing though isn’t it, to have single wheels on the tandem axles?

It’s been a while since I went to the docks in Antwerp, but I’d to tip there the other week and took the camera out… :wink:

Came past this yard the other day.

Chinese Volvo FL10 anyone…?

Last but certainly not least… had the chance to took this little DAF out for a spin, loved every minute of it!

Nice photos pv83, the chinese fl looks like a sino, saw one at waterford truck show last weekend but they have updated the cab.

Where was the yard with the 2 merc tractor units??

pv83:
Would be a nice project for you Senior, I’m sure JR would provide traction power for it :wink:

And why would I need JR, when I have a perfectly powerful Fergie to pull it… :wink:

Fergie47:

pv83:

And why would I need JR, when I have a perfectly powerful Fergie to pull it… :wink:

I have noticed that whipps has become quieter , nay almost respectful of late . What did Madame Fergie do to him ?