Saviem's fan club (Part 1)

pete smith:
One of (John) Saviems fleet,7 months since your passing mate…hope you are keeping an eye on that Fergie! pic from Bubblemans scrapbook thread,

Pete…seven months already , wow… I’m sure he’s keeping an eye on all of us as the gentleman he was…hope that Nora and Anne Marie are couping after their tragic loss…

Not long now , a few weeks and you’ll be here … :wink:

Come on Marine you can do it Girl !! I’ve got you on a double with Theresa at Ladbrokes !! Who me ! no D. Fergie.

Ooooo! that’s ■■■■■■ me bet up ! just switched on Sky News and they have announced that Marine has stepped down “temporarily” as leader of the Front National ! Whats going on here then ? we will have to instruct our Senior French correspondent mon. D. Fergie to get on the case and report back PDQ ! PS will Ladbrokes give me my money back if Marine has “cocked off” ■■ :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: Cheers Dennis.

This photograph was taken in La Garde-Freinet in the department of Var in 1984. Although it’s a mere lightweight, it still qualifies as a commercial vehicle in my book, and as it was living in the midi at the time, I feel this is the thread where it belongs. A quick look on the Internet would appear to suggest that it was manufactured by Studebaker of America, yet the vehicle is equipped ’ la conduite à droite '…interesting…Perhaps it was abandonne dans le midi après le deuxième guerre mondiale ? And yet SPA ceased to exist as a vehicle manufacturer in about 1933 evidently, several years before the outbreak of hostilities. Perhaps someone more knowledgeable than myself can throw some light on the subject. Speaking of light,and judging by the state of it’s bins, the vehicle would appear to have a daylight hours m.o.t. only.

pv83:
Last one is bit of a rarity…? A Steyr cab rebadged as a ERF…?

Some ERFs had the Steyr cab:
google.co.uk/search?q=erf+e … AQ#imgrc=_

I have had a look for the coachbuilders of those GB-built, Dutch-cabbed 8 wheelers, without success. I think one of them might be Bulthuis, but cannot find evidence other than my own uncertain memory. It is very frustrating.

Fergie47:

pete smith:
One of (John) Saviems fleet,7 months since your passing mate…hope you are keeping an eye on that Fergie! pic from Bubblemans scrapbook thread,

Pete…seven months already , wow… I’m sure he’s keeping an eye on all of us as the gentleman he was…hope that Nora and Anne Marie are couping after their tragic loss…

Not long now , a few weeks and you’ll be here … :wink:

Dave, Under 3 weeks now!

Bewick:
Ooooo! that’s [zb] me bet up ! just switched on Sky News and they have announced that Marine has stepped down “temporarily” as leader of the Front National ! Whats going on here then ? we will have to instruct our Senior French correspondent mon. D. Fergie to get on the case and report back PDQ ! PS will Ladbrokes give me my money back if Marine has “cocked off” ■■ :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: Cheers Dennis.

She’s playing a political game Den, putting herself forward as a presidential candidate as is the other guy…smart move on her part…however, the “Establishment” will stop her, that’s guaranteed, by forcing all the voters to the new banker boy on the block…watch this space, but be prepared for disappointment…

Latil tractor photographed on the London to Brighton Historic Vehicle rally late 1980’s.

Jazzandy:
Latil tractor photographed on the London to Brighton Historic Vehicle rally late 1980’s.

Scroll the cursor up and down the picture and the wheels turn, child’s play or mebbe senility :frowning: :angry: yes the latter :laughing: . Back to the day job thumb twiddling.
Oily

[zb]
anorak:
I wondered if the Swiss 2600 had a narrowed-down cab. It seems not:

Hey Anorak, cabs were the same, most in those days, but narrower mudgards or door handles worked out in the doors.
Later it wasn’t possible anymore because of the wider cabs as for example the f10/12.
Eric,

pete smith:
Patrick,
Have you been busy with your Lego again?

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Nice one Pete!

But it does bring back memories, oh how I loved me Lego mate…might go out to the toyshop tomorrow and buy some…

Spotted these two in someone’s yard…

pv83:

pete smith:
Patrick,

But it does bring back memories, oh how I loved me Lego mate…might go out to the toyshop tomorrow and buy some…

Hi Patrick,
Lego and Meccano for me mate, joking aside someone has put some time and effort into those models, there is a model of one of Pat Duffy’s Scania 141’s made of lego on the Southampton thread, Cheer’s Pete

pete smith:

pv83:

pete smith:
Patrick,

Hi Patrick,
Lego and Meccano for me mate, joking aside someone has put some time and effort into those models, there is a model of one of Pat Duffy’s Scania 141’s made of lego on the Southampton thread, Cheer’s Pete

Cheers Pete, will have a look mate!

Found these, real gems eh…

v55f21.jpg

screen-shot-2015-05-10-at-09-29-33.png

Found another batch of “unindentified” cabs, recognise any of these ■■■■■■■ Anorak?

Couple pic’s from me mate in Canada… :sunglasses:

Meanwhile at Fergie’s Ltd… :unamused:

Time for some Detroit powered lorries…Guy Big J’s…er…hang on… :wink:

480080_341825192570305_931203564_n.jpg

pv83:
Found another batch of “unindentified” cabs, recognise any of these [zb] Anorak?

Errr… no. Same as before :laughing: . They are all crew cabs. The Merc has a livestock trailer behind it, so I am guessing that they needed lots of people to deal with loading/unloading.

The Vabis has a Roset windscreen. Given that we already know that Paul & van Weelde used at least some Roset panels, and were capable of supplying whole vehicles, body included, I will guess that they were responsible for that cab. Note that it does not have a “joint” beween the scuttle panel and the front bulkhead- it is all-in-one, like the post-1966 L76 cab. Whatever, it is a superb job of work, and I hope the cattle-prodders wiped their feet before entering it.

Some top pictures there Patrick. I must confess to have been rather fond of Lego as well.

Sent from my Hol-U19 using Tapatalk