Saviem's fan club (Part 1)

pv83:
Meanwhile at Fergie’s Ltd… :unamused:

Whats wrong with that… haven’t you youngsters seen a rear axle lift on a low loader before… :unamused:

Fergie47:

pv83:

Whats wrong with that… haven’t you youngsters seen a rear axle lift on a low loader before… :unamused:

I have, but mostly they lift 'em when empty mate…about time you read the instruction manuals :unamused: :laughing: :laughing:

jsutherland:
Some top pictures there Patrick. I must confess to have been rather fond of Lego as well.

Sent from my Hol-U19 using Tapatalk

Ta mate! I know what to bring in June then to keep us occupied eh :wink:

pv83:

jsutherland:
Some top pictures there Patrick. I must confess to have been rather fond of Lego as well.

You’ll both grow up one day… :unamused:

pv83:

Fergie47:

pv83:

I have, but mostly they lift 'em when empty mate…about time you read the instruction manuals :unamused: :laughing: :laughing:

What’s the point lifting them M/T… lift them when they’re fully freighted, that’s when you save tyre wear… haven’t you learn anything…too much time playing with your lego with that little Johnnie …in your playpen. :confused:

Fergie47:

pv83:

jsutherland:

pv83:

Fergie47:

pv83:

What’s the point lifting them M/T… lift them when they’re fully freighted, that’s when you save tyre wear… haven’t you learn anything…too much time playing with your lego with that little Johnnie …in your playpen. :confused:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
No wonder that Fergie’s Ltd of yours is such a “successful” operation…if only we had more gaffers like you around eh :unamused: :laughing: :laughing:

Meanwhile in Spain…

20170430_132244.jpg

20170430_132349.jpg

20170430_132416.jpg

20170430_132442.jpg

20170430_132509.jpg

20170430_132602.jpg

20170430_132633.jpg

20170430_132658.jpg

20170430_132121.jpg

20170430_132149.jpg

20170430_132217.jpg

Fergie47:

pv83:

jsutherland:

pv83:

Fergie47:

pv83:

I have, but mostly they lift 'em when empty mate…about time you read the instruction manuals :unamused: [emoji38] [emoji38]

Saving tyre wear - what a clever invention! No wonder Fergie Ltd is still in business.

I am allowed out of my playpen now and again. [emoji1]

20170430_154442.jpg

This might be of interest to you ■■■■■■■ Anorak :wink:

Another proper example of Fergie’s Ltd…saving tyre wear on the trailer… :wink:

War veterans resting up…or is it rusting up…near Grenoble…

20170430_153923.jpg

20170430_154037.jpg

20170430_154123.jpg

20170430_154146.jpg

20170430_154209.jpg

pv83:
Spotted these two in someone’s yard…

Hey, think this are stanfing now there for about 20 years, and looks now as the steering wheels are already stolen
too, That’s now a new range for Belgians steeling old Scania steering wheels, for selling it for a preposterous high price.
Hope this vandalisme doesn’t exists in England ■■?
And it is not all, TIR plates and so on are stolen, for selling it again, a real pack of crew is it.
But it are the first then to blame the eastern people for steeling. :imp: :smiling_imp:

Eric,

pv83:

NO NO NO NO, will you never learn ? with a silly little load like that I’d have taken the tyres off and run on the inner tubes, that’s how you save tyre wear…kids know nothing these days… :unamused: :unamused:

It’s raining…Mrs F is watching Pride and Prejudice, and I’ve stolen the computer password…picture time.

A mixed bunch of old B&W

A few " Oh sod it moments"

accident .png.jpeg

Rétro-AUS-source-NAtional-Road-Transport-1.png

Fergie47:

pv83:

NO NO NO NO, will you never learn ? with a silly little load like that I’d have taken the tyres off and run on the inner tubes, that’s how you save tyre wear…kids know nothing these days… :unamused: :unamused:

It’s raining…Mrs F is watching Pride and Prejudice, and I’ve stolen the computer password…picture time.

A mixed bunch of old B&W

Blimey mate, you must even stagger yourself with your utter brilliance :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Would have reckon you’d be a “fan” of those solid tyres, as you’ve been spotted in some pic’s, mind :wink:

08c6fbf7ae170041e7e861dcdf0e0d3c.jpg

tiptop495:

pv83:
Spotted these two in someone’s yard…

Hey, think this are stanfing now there for about 20 years, and looks now as the steering wheels are already stolen
too, That’s now a new range for Belgians steeling old Scania steering wheels, for selling it for a preposterous high price.
Hope this vandalisme doesn’t exists in England ■■?
And it is not all, TIR plates and so on are stolen, for selling it again, a real pack of crew is it.
But it are the first then to blame the eastern people for steeling. :imp: :smiling_imp:

Eric,

Ey up Eric!

Aye, have seen those two for nearly 12 years, just sitting in the corner of the yard…bit of a pity really…
But stealing those steering wheels and other things really beats me, why on earth does one want to do that…? Another perfect example that everyone is going mad… :cry:

Stumbled upon the following pic’s, you might recognise them…? :wink:

4bf250b56943e3d875299436bc564aa4.jpg

Morning All.
As has happened before the Merchant Navy Forum has produced another interesting old photograph of a Borthwicks sleeper cab Foden alongside the Orient Line passenger ship ‘Oronsay’ in Brisbane Australia in the 60s.

Oronsay_1951-75_at_Brisbane_with_Borthwick_s_Meat_Truck_Alongside_copy.jpg
David

Nice picture of an ex-WW2 tractor. International, Kenworth and Marmon-Herrington produced
these tractors which were used in the Red Ball Express (supply) and originally had an International
(Red Diamond) petrol engine under the hood. This sequence in the registration came in 1953 till
1962. Most buyers from war-surplus later put in a diesel engine, from makes like Scania-Vabis, DAF,
■■■■■■■ or what was available then. DAF started production of engines around the begin of the
fifties so this operator was soon confident with his choice for a DAF-engine. Probably the cab came
from Liekens in Brussels.Many Dutch and Belgian operators used this sturdy tractor for many years.

Speaking about a “convoi exceptionel” :slight_smile: