Saviem's fan club (Part 1)

If it’s Swiss, it’s certainly efficient and money-making! Yes, I had noticed only the 2 front axles were driven.

Last month ,in Avignon. Berliet TLR 10.

michel:

Cracking looking motor Michel! Is that going to turn up in June as well?

michel:

hey Michel, is that yours ■■? very nice.

Eric,

One of (John) Saviems fleet,7 months since your passing mate…hope you are keeping an eye on that Fergie! pic from Bubblemans scrapbook thread,

That is a great photograph Michel. It brings back all sorts of memories of the old N6. Except that it’s not in the middle lane, the headlights are the wrong colour, it’s missing about 20 spotlights and a fearless moustached driver. Happy days.

David.

Whoops! Nearly a double post there :blush:

David

Not mine, the family Palpacuer who owns it and lives in Ardèche ,has also a smaller GLC 6R drawbar from 1957.

Cracking looking wagon Michel! Proper load as well…reckon even Fergie can’t disapprove with that :laughing:

This might be of interest to ■■■■■■■ Anorak, came across these pic’s whilst reading up about the history of the 8 wheeler.

Do you recognise any of those cabs?

20170423_130906.jpg

Stumbled upon these as well, both were build for the Swiss market.

Last one is bit of a rarity…? A Steyr cab rebadged as a ERF…?

20170423_130021.jpg

20170423_130633.jpg

Don’t reckon there were much tippers about fitted with this cab…

20170423_130525.jpg

Was at the Liebherr works in Colmar last week, where these two had to load as well…

20170419_151500.jpg

pv83:
This might be of interest to [zb] Anorak, came across these pic’s whilst reading up about the history of the 8 wheeler.

Yes, they are very interesting. The Haukes Fodens have been discussed before on here, somewhere. I think they have Van Eck cabs (EDIT- No, they are Paul & van Weelde, according to this: haukeskekerdomnostalgie.nl/fb/jaren-60/), although that needs checking, because I have a head like a sieve. The others are all new to me, but some of the cabs look familiar. I am sure I have seen some of those coachbuilders’ work on other makers’ chassis. They are all mid-1950s cabs, I think- even by the end of that decade, coachbuilt cabs were looking more modern, with more pressed steel panels, such was the pace of progress in those days.

Patrick,
Have you been busy with your Lego again?

I wondered if the Swiss 2600 had a narrowed-down cab. It seems not:

pv83:
This might be of interest to [zb] Anorak, came across these pic’s whilst reading up about the history of the 8 wheeler.

Cracking pic’s there Whippersnap…nice find… :wink: