Sausage sandwiches

Weekend off and no transport cafes for a while so I bought a pack of Lincolnshire sausages.
So many questions.

Cooked in the oven, in a pan or on the grill?
Bread Toasted or not?
Red or Brown sauce?
Dry bread or buttered?
With tea or Coffee?

Fried in a pan on thick buttered bread and anyone who puts red sauce on a sausage sandwich is a heathen well beyond redemption :smiley:

For the proper truck stop experience,ditch the Lincolnshire’s and buy the 100 for 99p jobs from Iceland, fry in a pan full of week old grease, slap them onto cheap white foam bread that been slathered in budget Marge and squirt some no-name brown liquid on top-serve on a chipped plate with a mug of stewed Luke-warm tea and charge yourself £4.50ish for the privilege

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here in Lincolnshire they are quite proud of their sausages.

God knows why, they’re bloody horrible. I’d rather eat someone else’s toenail clippings!

the maoster:
Here in Lincolnshire they are quite proud of their sausages.

God knows why, they’re bloody horrible. I’d rather eat someone else’s toenail clippings!

+1, no need for the grass cuttings in them either!

Fried, in a little oil, lightly toasted bread, a little sauce of choice, for me tomato and unbuttered bread/toast doesn’t exist in my world, butter and lots of it and a giant mug of sugary tea. Though given the choice I much prefer a Bacon and egg sandwich, made as above but with no sauce, sauce on bacon is a crime, and a duck egg just cooked with a runny yolk. Fried of course, in butter. Oh and salt and pepper on the egg

my option would be to feed them to next doors dog and remind my misses to read the label the next time. :slight_smile:

Fried. Thick white bread, lavishly buttered, and with TOMATO sauce. I am not a heathen Mazzer 2 and redemption will be mine :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Genuine ■■■■■■■■■■ sausage (not the imitation stuff, the ones actually made by ■■■■■■■■ butchers) is much better than Lincolnshire I reckon.
Grilled (with all the grease squeezed out on a kitchen roll) between 2 doorstep size unsliced freshly baked bread, just a skimming of butter, black pepper and a touch of tommy sauce.
Washed down with a mug of tea.

I agree with GOG47 on most Transport caff stuff, but even that is an improvement on some of the crap served in roadside salmonella vans. :imp: , stopped using those ■■■■ things years ago.

robroy:
Genuine ■■■■■■■■■■ sausage (not the imitation stuff, the ones actually made by ■■■■■■■■ butchers) is much better than Lincolnshire I reckon.

^ Can remember those during a rare caravan holiday there.I don’t like sausages much they’re full of too much crap waste meat products but have to say they weren’t bad.
But the only good sausage sandwich for me has to have much more bacon in it than sausage and white bread.No ketchup or other types of sauces anywhere near it either.Also usually prefer coffee to tea but only tea works in this case. :wink:

Pan fried, cooking a sausage any other way is just vegan.

Gotta be proper white crusty bread, and definitely not toasted, well buttered, NOT marge and served straight into the bread hot with a nice drizzle of either brown or hp fruity.

Ooor for a real treat, let em go cold an add mango chutney instead of the usual, sling in the box an enjoy at leisure.

Today for me is gonna be smoked bacon, egg, sausage, an black pudding rolls lavished with a light drizzle of hpb.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

gardun:
Fried. Thick white bread, lavishly buttered, and with TOMATO sauce. I am not a heathen Mazzer 2 and redemption will be mine :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

At least you haven’t gone full on bonkers and opted for no sauce at all :smiley: :smiley:

I’ve never visited a transport cafe (all closed when I drive), so I would have to say you’re best off buying the sausages yourself.

Tesco Finest are pretty good for Lincolnshire as they stick to the sage herb without tons if pepper.

Oven cooked, decent bread, plenty of real butter and sliced on half then left to cool slightly before going in the bread. If any sauce, it has to be Heinz, not that that European (Netherlands) HP / Daddies brown stuff.

For more pepper taste, you want either proper ■■■■■■■■■■ sausages like Cranstons near-ish Penrith Truck Stop (M6 J40) or Morrisons best quality brand.

Alternatively, for absolute ■■■■■■■■■■ in a coil, look out for “Traditional ■■■■■■■■■■ Sausage PGI” which has to be made to the traditional recipe. Not sure it works well in a sarnie, bit long.

Finally, if you want real crap, try Richmond which are made of the stuff even Iceland reject. :slight_smile:

It’s the bread loaf that’s more important, you need a good baker and an uncut loaf, real butter and sausages from the local butcher, cook them in the oven in their own skins, no fork or pricking, to assemble, cut sausages lengthwise with scissors, season the buttered bread and if you must put sauce on, are not allowed to wipe your chin until all the butter has run down your front.

Treat it as a romantic meal, there should only be the two of you,

Just You and the Sausages [emoji2]

Wheel Nut:
It’s the bread loaf that’s more important, you need a good baker and an uncut loaf, real butter and sausages from the local butcher, cook them in the oven in their own skins, no fork or pricking, to assemble, cut sausages lengthwise with scissors,

Always had a decent bakers nearby and only buy an uncut large white farmhouse as a matter of course a few times a week.The most recent used since moving here 24 years ago people go to him from miles around here because the others have mostly all gone now.
I can’t remember the bread used for the local ■■■■■■■■■■ ones we got there but just opened the coiled sausage enough to cut it into pieces and then lengthwise too as usual.Bacon first then put the cut sausage on it then some more bacon on top.
But I always like cutting the bread slices as thick as possible for any sandwich.

Wheel Nut:
It’s the bread loaf that’s more important, you need a good baker and an uncut loaf, real butter and sausages from the local butcher, cook them in the oven in their own skins, no fork or pricking, to assemble, cut sausages lengthwise with scissors, season the buttered bread and if you must put sauce on, are not allowed to wipe your chin until all the butter has run down your front.

Treat it as a romantic meal, there should only be the two of you,

Just You and the Sausages [emoji2]

You romantic ole fool !
Washed down with a pint of dark tan tea, and lit by a paraffin lamp.

free

27E79000-B4D1-43E0-A2B1-A36233A0B0AD.jpeg

dozy:
free

Still too expensive at free by looks of things

cant beat the lorne sausage with onions and tommy sauce on a Glasgow roll with a mug of sweet coffee

scotstrucker:
cant beat the lorne sausage with onions and tommy sauce on a Glasgow roll with a mug of sweet coffee

You win by a country mile , nothing beats proper Loren sausage on a morning roll still warm from the bakers shop , food of the gods and jocks .