Sandwich alternative?

With the new year around the corner it’s time to “get fit” lol, what do people have for lunch other than sandwiches ? Want to cut down on the bread, thinking about taking wraps in but will get bored of them after a while aswell so has anyone got any suggestions. Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Fruit or pasta . I found a bowl of serial before leaving took away the morning munchies. Took me years to be able to face eating first thing in the morning tho then just a garage sarnie at lunch . With out even trying I lost a stone and a half in about 4 months still eating the same at other meals

Sandwich is just to convenient but I do have a salad or pasta pot, that I make up at home, at least once a week and whole grain bread or wraps the rest of the week.

Quantities are 2 slices or a large wrap with a mix of cheese/ham/fish/egg mayo. Also take a yoghurt and 3 pieces of fruit to get a rainbow lunch box. I heard that the greater colour mix the more vitamins you capture. Don’t know if it’s true or not but feels instinctively right.

If I feel like an occasional dirty burger then one a week maximum if the hours get silly and don’t beat myself up about it.

I Always keep a few tins of soup in the cab.

Heinz soup with a brown bread roll, other brands are available.

Mackerel in tomato sauce, nice on a roll (no butter).

Nibble on baby plum tomatoes to take the edge off.

Small bowl of cereal now and again.

Home made meal in the evening, either spag bol or chilli con carne. (Mostly because I can’t make anything else).

Eat this during the week then eat whatever I like the weekend.

Steadily losing around a pound a week, plateaued a bit at just under 15 stone so increasing lite exercise a bit.

Edit: More a box jockey diet as we do bugger all so low calorie diet is ok, those who do more manual work may have other needs, like to get a job as a box jockey for starters… :wink:

Smoggie89:
With the new year around the corner it’s time to “get fit” lol, what do people have for lunch other than sandwiches ? Want to cut down on the bread, thinking about taking wraps in but will get bored of them after a while aswell so has anyone got any suggestions. Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I switched from sarnies to wraps about a year ago, and I’m not bored of them yet as you say.
Tortilla wraps with chicken salad and mayo with either mango chutney or sweet chilli sauce are my favourite.
Or Chicken Tikka and salad, ham salad and tabasco or or any other combination you can think of…plus shock horror to some, brace yourselves… like sarnies you can eat them while driving (with side curtains pulled forward:shock: hang me now. :smiley:) unlike salads suggested.
I got a shock myself this week 15 stone bloody 8 :open_mouth: , although being 6’1 I can carry it off without looking like the sterotype fat ■■■■■ Brit Trucker,… or am I kidding myself. :laughing:

robroy:
I got a shock myself this week 15 stone bloody 8 :open_mouth: , although being 6’1 I can carry it off without looking like the sterotype fat ■■■■■ Brit Trucker,… or am I kidding myself. [emoji38]

I’m 6" myself Rob and have no issues hiding the extra meat.

Dropped from 16 stone to just under 15 and OMG what a difference, gone from XL everything to being able to pull off a Large size in t-shirts (well I still have to ■■■■ in a bit).

Counting calories works for me but everyone’s different, cutting out the crap helped a lot.

On a side note the wife says ■■■ is better as I’ve lost fat from above me little chap allowing deeper penetration. Not meant to be a rude as it’s a great reason to lose a few pounds, bollox to the health aspect deeper coitus is great. Well for the wife anyway, just feels the same for me.

I have the Tuna salad meals by Princes, some with pasta, beans, Mexican style or a variety of other ingredients. Long life too so they keep well.

John west pasta salads, I cook a ham and cut chunks off, cereal, fruit, bananas, oranges and apples, bread sticks, but once a week I stop and have a big $%&£off breakfast.

Deal just along coast :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Rye…

Just inland a bit.

i spent a whole 5 minutes thinking of that

Not all that far from Sandwich

Took me all of 5 seconds … :slight_smile:

I buy the bags of various salad from Asda with the small bags of dressing in. Chuck in a couple of pieces of ham or cheese to pad it out, and you would be surprised how filling they are.

One thing is though, don’t buy them all at once if you are a tramper, as they tend to have a short shelf life on them. Buy as needed during the week.

Ken.

robroy:
I got a shock myself this week 15 stone bloody 8 :open_mouth: , although being 6’1 I can carry it off without looking like the sterotype fat ■■■■■ Brit Trucker,… or am I kidding myself. :laughing:

15 stone and only 5’ 8’‘… got the abs though :grimacing: Anyway …you said you were 4’10’’ a couple of weeks back…

Dieseldog66:
John west pasta salads, I cook a ham and cut chunks off, cereal, fruit, bananas, oranges and apples, bread sticks, but once a week I stop and have a big $%&£off breakfast.

Exactly as i do! Eat healthy low fat and high protein all week but once a week stop off at the full fat cafe at Jaca… :smiley:

I usually stop between Zaragoza and Teruel but on AndrewG’s recommendation I’ll give the cafe at Jaca a try.

I am a day man on boxes, so I have the luxury of suiting myself. I make my own soup, have a few varieties. (try watercress soup. Use Ramsey recipe on youtube. it is so easy, but delicious! egg is optional.) Also, do my own bread in the breadmaker, and roast a few chicken legs every morning before leaving. Fresh bread with butter and chicken is something I never tire of. Also, if you fancy something sweet, I have the rule that I must make it myself. You would be surprised how easy it is to get a few plastic pots, and make your own mini-trifles, using swiss role, a splash of sherry,some fruit, sugar free jelly, birds custard and then whip up some dbl cream. Or google things like banana loaf, cookies etc, they are so easy to make.(put raisins soaked in rum in the banana loaf).
You could also try using a food flask, and cooking beans or spaghetti, or even scambled egg and after warming the flask inside, fill it right up. Will keep warm until about lunchtime. If you are feeling adventurous, make your own beans with pancetta, passata and haricot beans, and mess about with the seasoning. Beats anything in a tin, and will satisfy the most jaded palate.

Almonds and some nuts in moderation are a great snack instead of crisps .
Avoid bread with a fry up .honestly fry ups are not an enemy it’s how much you have and what’s in it.Get a George Forman and cook bacon with fat trimmed off ,No sausages at all,veggy sausages are bread ! ,Fry an egg on a good tethlon pan.no oil .
Carrots as snacks ,Cucumber as they come are a fantastic filling meal .I snack on cherry tomatoes as well .
plenty of fruit.Not to many bananas but add them in.
Lots of greens help.

Just to add I make my own snack bars .

pure oats
A good honey not full of sugar cheap crap !
whey protein ! Holland and barrets
I add diferent dried fruit raisins or banana a few nuts etc .Depends how i feel .
mix together not to wet with honey allow to dry or pop in a warm oven 30 minutes then let stand and cut up in bars .Wrap in cling film .They stay chewy and soft …
bloody filling and you know what’s in them .
Being oats it stops hunger for a good while …

Got some 200ml Kilner jars
Layer of oats
Layer of natural yoghurt
Layer of fruit
Fridge overnight.