Sandwich alternative?

Wraps have more fat than bread

thetastytrucker:
Wraps have more fat than bread

depends on if they are wholemeal or white .

Beetlejuice:
Just to add I make my own snack bars .

pure oats
A good honey not full of sugar cheap crap !
whey protein ! Holland and barrets
I add diferent dried fruit raisins or banana a few nuts etc .Depends how i feel .
mix together not to wet with honey allow to dry or pop in a warm oven 30 minutes then let stand and cut up in bars .Wrap in cling film .They stay chewy and soft …
bloody filling and you know what’s in them .
Being oats it stops hunger for a good while …

Good idea :bulb: A combination of fructose, protein and carbs…

Beetlejuice:

pure oats
I add diferent dried fruit raisins or banana a few nuts etc .Depends how i feel .
mix together not to wet with honey allow to dry or pop in a warm oven 30 minutes then let stand and cut up in bars .Wrap in cling film .They stay chewy and soft …

Yep…tried it. Mixed fruit, bag of mixed nuts, 6 weetabix (couldnt get oats) handfull of raisins, cup full of whey protein and threw it all in the blender for just a few seconds. Laid it all out on a baking tray and drizzled the honey all over it and in the oven for 20 mins at 180. After it cools its ready to be cut up into strips. Bloody lovely and beats the factory processed crap… :smiley:

AndrewG:

Beetlejuice:

pure oats

Yep…tried it. Mixed fruit, bag of mixed nuts, 6 weetabix (couldnt get oats) handfull of raisins, cup full of whey protein and threw it all in the blender for just a few seconds. Laid it all out on a baking tray and drizzled the honey all over it and in the oven for 20 mins at 180. After it cools its ready to be cut up into strips. Bloody lovely and beats the factory processed crap… :smiley:

Thank you for the p.m .I am also glad you enjoyed the recipe .You can ad or delete whatever you want to suit your diet .I love them .I’m glad you enjoy them,The great bit is they cost next to nothing and last for ages .
I change what I put in them every week.I know some people are scared of whey protein but if you get the good one they taste better than the crap you buy in supermarkets .
All the best :wink: