Sam longson photos

cheers bonkey dollocks, once went to billingham one night with
my old chap in 207E, my ears were ringing for days afterwards :laughing:
i was really surprized when you posted that one.
i remember the S80 but never new what happened to it !

coast to coast:
cheers bonkey dollocks, once went to billingham one night with
my old chap in 207E, my ears were ringing for days afterwards :laughing:
i was really surprized when you posted that one.
i remember the S80 but never new what happened to it !

No mither mate. :sunglasses: What was in the S21 ? A two stroke ?

Another for you to pore over. Unsure of the location, but due to the Tarmac Reivers to the side, I doubt it’s Chapel.

Got me trawling now like a dervish ! :blush: :laughing:
Have another one :

the old aki 594 had a gardner 180 in her, you knew it as well with the hills
round buxton. not sure were the picture was taken but with the tarmac
parked next to it, its possibly may be having breakfast at waterswallows
canteen, top of the hill at tunstead. now well gone and is main depot for
LOMAS DISTRIBUTION. i have worked for lomas`s and is poss/prob the
best company i have worked for… not sure about the S21, will try to find
out tomorrow!!

I’m on a roll. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

you are on roll now :smiley: :smiley:
heres my old ECX were it spent most of its time
IN THE GARAGE at ashbourne…

Hey up C2C,
Have you seen these pics.
DD.

no i hadn’t seen any of them.is that your old chap
with the cap on? only i thought i could just see
the mobi scooter sticking out between the fodens :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

My god 606 that was a proper shed, well abused a knackered. Wouldnt blow youre nose either.Luckily it wasn`t mine!

Forgot about this thread so here goes !

[/

Some great pic’s there Bonkey. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

TIPIT:
Coast to Coast, here is the front view of the old 8 legger, and a few more I’ve collected. I’ve been on the lookout for all photos of the tippers around the Peak District, and seem to have found more of Sammy’s than any other, but haven’t as yet come accross any of the Albions and Leyland’s they had or the old Bedford QL Lime Spreaders in the early 60’s, did they also have some TK’s for local work in the early 60’s aswell ?

This was taken in 1966 in Didsbury of one of Sammy’s L.A.D. Dodge 6 leggers heading back, they bought a few of the 500 series after this, but I’ve not found any photos of them either yet.
!(http://i473.photobucket.com/albums/rr100/ph5510/SammyLongsonsDodgeWilmslowRdDidsbur.jpg[/im

[/quote]
Hi Folks,
Photo of JRA 114D would have been taken in the lorry park at Ingleton North Yorkshire
most likely driven by John Harrison working out of I.C.I.Horton in Ribblesdale.
Cheers Malc.)

Heres another one for the Sammy collection.

There is a lad on the FODEN SOCIETY web page called Rob Smith and he is after any info on an ex Longson Foden S21 reg SNU499E which he says he bought from a lad in spain,dont know if he still has it or not but his contact No is 01297678588 or roblsmith@tiscali.co.uk .He says he would be grateful for any information on this wagon.

BonkeyDollocks:

That looks like one of their Dodge 500’s under the canopy, did they have 3 all 6 wheelers with ■■■■■■■ V8’s ?

Here you are lads a picture of the man himself Sam Longson (on the right) with Derby footballer Roy Mcfarland.

JOHN

This topic is bringing back some memories. When I first started at Sammys I went on to the ERF 8 legger 872 took it over from Mick Hall when he retired. Had only been passed my test 3 months, god it was a proper shed, but what a flying machine, Chapel-Paisley and back in a day. Sammys put me through my class 1 and a couple of months later I was given the ECX 216 brand new, that was mine when the photo was taken, cannot of had it that long cause its still got the old tipper tank behind.Clocked up over 600,000k in her in 5 years, mainly doing Silvertown everyday for 4 years of them. Shame we lost the BLI contract to Dinky cause Id never have come off that little number.

dowahdiddyman:
This topic is bringing back some memories. When I first started at Sammys I went on to the ERF 8 legger 872 took it over from Mick Hall when he retired. Had only been passed my test 3 months, god it was a proper shed, but what a flying machine, Chapel-Paisley and back in a day. Sammys put me through my class 1 and a couple of months later I was given the ECX 216 brand new, that was mine when the photo was taken, cannot of had it that long cause its still got the old tipper tank behind.Clocked up over 600,000k in her in 5 years, mainly doing Silvertown everyday for 4 years of them. Shame we lost the BLI contract to Dinky cause Id never have come off that little number.

Hi Mark,who was “Dinky” that took the Buxton Lime job?

Sorry Chris, it went to Lomas Distribution. Tarmac decided that they wanted all the Bli stuff out of Tunstead and Hindlow contracted to one haulier and it wasnt us. Shame but thats life. 5 years before that theyd got rid of Somersets tankers so it was down to Longsons and Lomas, you could see it coming then really. Just goes to show that even after all those years loyalty means jacksh*t. Think a big part of the reason was the fact that our fleet was made up of mainly Erfs that were starting to look well past there sell buy date where as Lomas was running alot of shiney,blinged up Scanias and Volvos that looked the part.Tommos CF (above) was the odd exception along with a couple of Premiums and a couple of 2nd hand xfs.
Lomas Distribution is known locally as Dinkies basically.