Sainsbury's @ Stoke

Looks more like a border holding centre than a ‘Driver rest area’

Least you get cheap food/drink though, even if it means 3 sitting on a seat together :smiley:

Sat there a few times. Lock and load crap with your keys hanging on those chains on the bays. Typical RDC to be honest.

Sainsbury’s don’t seem to do waiting rooms like Tosco do, the one at Emersons is almost on a par with a telephone box.

Probably one of the worst RDCs in my opinion, always a long wait and those metal chairs are a real pain in the bum, literally. In general I find the people in the Stoke area are pretty friendly types, however Sainsburys seem to have gone out of their way to find the most unhelpful and unfriendly people in the area. I really don’t see how they ever manage to load their own vehicles if it takes four hours to unload six pallets at goods in…
I turned up twenty minutes before a scheduled 0400 booking and was told to come back at the correct time, I did come back at the correct time and STILL waited four hours to get tipped :angry: :angry: :angry:

Try making yourself comfortable in the (drivers ) waiting area at Greenford,it’s a bit on the small side to say the least.

youve got to remember were lucky in that most of us actually enjoy our jobs…wereas these rdc bods hate their jobs…meaning they`re permanantly in a bad mood.
i look on them with pity,knowing my time spent there will be relatively small…were as they are imprisoned for the rest of their lives :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: ■■■■ em :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

gooner:
Try making yourself comfortable in the (drivers ) waiting area at Greenford,it’s a bit on the small side to say the least.

It’s twice the size of Emerson’s.

First post,so hello all. Agree about stoke now Stone I don’t mind going there.hand your keys in the same but then go upstairs and sit in the canteen(cheap)and watch tele.when truck finished they call up and tell you all done.sorry but chill/frozen only. Cheers Darren

i posted bout this place a couple week ago at this thread lol i share your pain > sainsburys stoke - THE UK PROFESSIONAL DRIVERS FORUM (INTERACTIVE) - Trucknet UK

Newbie to the forum here but not newbie to truckin!
I was at the afore mentioned record a couple of weeks ago, was luckily in and out within an hour but have heard the horror stories which are believable!

Surely there is a law against making you wait in a room like that AND taking your keys■■?

Was at Boots Nottingham last Monday, same situation, waited in truck park 4hrs then got pulled out as out of time! One of Eddies finest was there and had been on bay 5hrs or so and needed to change his tachometer mode to show break for the WTD but they wouldn’t give him his keys to do so! Where do u stand where that’s concerned?

This guy don’t seem to mind :grimacing:

Had to turn the tele volume up, he could proper snore !! :laughing:

i was like that a couple of weeks ago sprawled out

Whenever I go in there I use my top and tie it around my waist, yeah I look like a throwback from the late 80’s but the extra padding is essential :smiley:

bald bloke:
Sainsbury’s don’t seem to do waiting rooms like Tosco do, the one at Emersons is almost on a par with a telephone box.

What about basingstoke? Thats a nice and comfy with plenty room to stretch out a bit. not. :smiley:

How about the toilets at St Albans? Quite possibly the worst I’ve seen and this is a food warehouse.

I though Sainsbugs Stoke, you could put your mobile phone No in that “signing in” book in Goods In … then go bacck to your cab … they phoned when you were tipped :slight_smile: … OR has that stopped :question: I’ve not been for a few yrs - thank God :wink:

put keys on chain at the dock and push light to red then wait in drivers room pal not allowed in cab and wait 6 month to be tipped

worksopboy:
put keys on chain at the dock and push light to red then wait in drivers room pal not allowed in cab and wait 6 month to be tipped

Did ya give em a back hander ■■ That was a quick tip !! :grimacing:

Darb:
This guy don’t seem to mind :grimacing:

Had to turn the tele volume up, he could proper snore !! :laughing:

That might have been me at buntingford or was that hoddesdon :blush:

peirre:
That might have been me at buntingford or was that hoddesdon :blush:

It was actually one of our drivers at Stoke, I don’t take photos of random truck drivers :grimacing: it gave a few back at the yard a bit of a laugh because they were always saying its impossible to get comfortable there :grimacing: