sacked

me and my employer have parted company
apperently i dont fit their personell standard and i am still not 100% fit after pulling a muscle in my back
weeks pay in lieu
dont have to pay back training fee

didnt see it coming

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:
Sorry to hear that mate… I don’t know what to say…
Good luck to you and your lovely wife. :confused: :frowning:

I suspect i may be up against the same sort of thing sometime soon, so you have my complete sympathy, hitch.

Take care.

Sorry to hear of your misfortune Hitch, good luck for the future. :slight_smile:

hitch:
me and my employer have parted company
apperently i dont fit their personell standard and i am still not 100% fit after pulling a muscle in my back
weeks pay in lieu
dont have to pay back training fee

didnt see it coming

what was the training fee for.

and did you hurt your back at work and did you put it in the accident book.

Is that not unfair dismissal

depends how they justified it. If he’s had time off due to illness then they can sack him for excessive absence. :angry:

Hey atleast you got free training out of it :laughing:

Now you can use training paid for by them to get a better job :laughing:

Good Luck mate.Gave my gaffer(well thats what he calls himself) my weeks notice tonight,after the way he’s treated me i feel its the best thing i’ve ever done,so there’s two of us after jobs now

bad luck hitch, as they say 1 door closes another opens.

you just jacked from mcl then jase?

Parted company with my agency today 2, but by e-mail, so now theres 3 of us looking for a job. Got interview with Best connection down here as ive previously worked for them up north and they were sound. Also an interview with Biffa waste but just to see if i can be persuaded into doing a job (bin waggons) :open_mouth: that i thought id never dream of doing. Just curious. We will see.

dennisw1:
depends how they justified it. If he’s had time off due to illness then they can sack him for excessive absence. :angry:

But what if he is covered by a valid sick note from his doctor? I am sure there are rules regarding being sacked in that you should have had verbal and written warnings.

Jaycool007:
Also an interview with Biffa waste but just to see if i can be persuaded into doing a job (bin waggons) :open_mouth: that i thought id never dream of doing. Just curious. We will see.

A chap I knew who was a regular agency driver, took a full-time job with Biffa (Nottingham). He was also sceptical about doing bins/skips but once he got used to it he loved the job! His previous full-time job was Euro & Morocco but I guess he liked being home each night more.

I would’ve never thought of him as a ‘skip-rat’ but he was always going on about ‘freebies here and perks there’. He became a number one fan of the saying “You wouldn’t believe what some people throw out!”. :open_mouth: Maybe the other saying is true; “Where there’s muck, there’s gold!” :wink: :wink:

the pain just crept up on me so inAugust i had time off…l to cut a long story short…i went back to work and the pain came back another spell off…they suggested i work in the stores on light duties and do driving in emergency…went out in van on out jobs but they started putting heavy work back on me …i had time off over xmas all with sicknotes …now 3 weeks later back at work when things are getting better its out on your ear…not very good time in last 6 months …but i can open fridge or container doors :laughing:
trouble is the month of Jan not a lot of agency

oops forgot this q.
fork lift, hiab and building site safety passport

A chap I knew who was a regular agency driver, took a full-time job with Biffa (Nottingham). He was also sceptical about doing bins/skips but once he got used to it he loved the job!

Until 2 month ago i would never have even considerd it, even though ive seen some good money offerd to do it. I was more worried about the tight streets you have to go down, but since my time at Exel doing home deliveries i can now fly down the tightest streets you could imagine, so i think i’m quite sutable for the job now. Only worry is that i was looking at a bin waggon the other day, and first thing that struck me was seeing the huge overhang they have on them things :open_mouth:

jase:
Good Luck mate.Gave my gaffer(well thats what he calls himself) my weeks notice tonight,after the way he’s treated me i feel its the best thing i’ve ever done,so there’s two of us after jobs now

well jase not here anymore…

i6.photobucket.com/albums/y220/j … stweek.jpg

im confused i thought jase had a brand new topliner for mcl, pics posted ect! :question:

killsville:

dennisw1:

But what if he is covered by a valid sick note from his doctor? I am sure there are rules regarding being sacked in that you should have had verbal and written warnings.

As i said it depends how they justified it.

As a personal point of interest, how do firms legally sack people for being off sick?

Mal:
im confused i thought jase had a brand new topliner for mcl, pics posted ect! :question:

That was his dads motor Mal :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Good luck Hitch, jase and Jay :sunglasses: :sunglasses: