Sacked with no evidence!

Been at my company for about 3 1/2 yrs. During that time I’ve had a few issues which have led to investigatory meetings & onto discaplinary meetings etc etc. I appealed some of these & they were dropped due to lack of evidence but was put on a stage 3 due to swearing at a supervisor ( didn’t happen) although i did swear while we were discussing certain issues but not at him.
Anyway on the 8th April i was involved in a road rage incident, i did write a post about it on here sometime after it happened. Anyway i was in the right but this van driver got out the van & was very abusive to me threatening to kill me etc etc. I locked the cab doors & tried to ignore him & the guy just kept pulling up alongside me giving me abuse. He rang my company telling them i tried to run him off the road & was abusive towards him. He neglected to say in his report that he was out the van & being abusive to me. Anyway i spoke to my boss regarding this when it happened. Then i carried on working as usual until i had to attend an investigatory meeting near the end of may. Once again i told them what had happened thinking i would be in the clear as i was clearly in the right. The guy is now claiming i shoved him into the curb damaging his drivers alloy wheel & has sent pics to company. Anyway i carried on working after meeting then had to attend a dp meeting on 2 may. Even though there is no camera footage or any proof whatsoever regarding the road rage incident i was told my employment with the company is being terminated on the grounds that because I’ve used bad language in the past that i must of used it with this guy in the van. I havn’t done anything wrong but been sacked anyway :imp: :imp: :imp:
I am gobsmaked at the reasons & the way they have done it!!
I have rang ACAS & the company doesn’t need evidence :unamused: :unamused: so gonna appeal not that it will get me anywhere.

tyler4164:
During that time I’ve had a few issues which have led to investigatory meetings & onto discaplinary meetings

tyler4164:
was put on a stage 3 due to swearing at a supervisor

tyler4164:
on the 8th April i was involved in a road rage incident

Looks like they have just had enough, an accumulation of events and they are probably fed up with your attitude, your post doesnt read well and possibly everyone that reads it will think there is no smoke without fire …i sure do

rockape2620:

tyler4164:
During that time I’ve had a few issues which have led to investigatory meetings & onto discaplinary meetings

tyler4164:

tyler4164:

Looks like they have just had enough, an accumulation of events and they are probably fed up with your attitude, your post doesnt read well and possibly everyone that reads it will think there is no smoke without fire …i sure do

Spoken for everyone i think… You should try and learn from this though, keep your head down and sort your road rage issues out, its not big or clever, its about time people took more pride in this profession to help lift the image of the industry.

No offence but it sounds like they wanted rid of you and took advantage of this incident to do just that.

rockape2620:

tyler4164:

tyler4164:

tyler4164:

And if his past posts here are anything to go by… :bulb:

i would of walked tyler before it got to the stage of being sacked,ive had disiplinarys a fair few times and always jump ship before it happens[even if there saying its just a ■■■ kicking to get me to toe the line],nothing worse than trying to get a job with a few sacking on your c.v,you get a feeling to how its going to go,so id of got out.
but im a bit older ,wiser,so now just turn up,do job,go home

Coffeeholic:
No offence but it sounds like they wanted rid of you and took advantage of this incident to do just that.

Ditto I’m afraid.

Saaamon:

rockape2620:

tyler4164:

tyler4164:

tyler4164:

Spoken for everyone i think… You should try and learn from this though, keep your head down and sort your road rage issues out, its not big or clever, its about time people took more pride in this profession to help lift the image of the industry.

I did nothing wrong. The issues ive had in the past are for stupid things. I got done for changing a red airline & a light bulb but got let off that 1. Kept getting my truck back after it was used by other drivers to find an empty tank so i spoke to my manager who done nothing, went above him & still nothing so i spoke to as many people as i could & nothing was done. We’re all drivers so we should all fuel up. This went on for about 6 months & in the end i got fed up & had an arguement. I admit not the best thing to do but hey its done now. Other then that there has been no probs with my work & they have been pleased.

bald bloke:

Coffeeholic:

Ditto I’m afraid.

same here.

btw, if anyone ends up involved in one of these road rage events then either get out and chin the van driver or like was done in this post, lock the doors , preferable whilst giving the van driver the v sign and taking pics of him with your mobile. winds them up something rotten and you have the evidence that this guy was out of the van :wink:

went into a dp as a witness for a driver who was reported by joe public driving his car along side this drivers truck and stated the driver was using his mobile. the fact that we told the company he didnt own a mobile the driver was disaplined on the ground of suspision was enough for a final warning. when i rang the union i was told that at a tribunal a test case went that way bhs sacked a driver on the grounds of suspion and it was upheld so even when you think you have a good case it can and will go the companie’s way sorry to p**s on your fireworks :confused:

In the staff handbook, if such a thing exists in all organisations, in the disciplinary section it will normally state that " reasonable suspicion or reasonable doubt" is enough for the company. They dont need hard evidence, just the suspicion.

Mick

Sorry mate but something in you story don’t add up. You’re clearly a guy that stands up for himself when put under pressure but in this case you claimed you locked your doors and stayed calm? Sorry mate live and learn.

more likely ■■■■■■ off the drivers rushing round putting everyone else to shame. you will proberly find that you upset the apple cart belting round.

jessicas dad:
more likely ■■■■■■ off the drivers rushing round putting everyone else to shame. you will proberly find that you upset the apple cart belting round.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I was wondering how long it would be until someone mentioned that. :laughing: You’re becoming quite vocal in your old age Mr. B. :laughing:

jessicas dad:

Yeah go on hit a man when hes down :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

tyler4164:

jessicas dad:

Yeah go on hit a man when hes down :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

not at all i could have mentioned the cardboard number plate thread.

do you remember this old chesnut

Mr B:
Sorry mate but something in you story don’t add up. You’re clearly a guy that stands up for himself when put under pressure but in this case you claimed you locked your doors and stayed calm? Sorry mate live and learn.

Yeah ur right in one respect. Lately though ive had to change my habits. My ex done a runner with my kids, moved from west london to bognor then to ireland & all that was to get away from the social services!! Well i have been working alongside the social & have had to keep my cool as i could end up with my kids. She moved in with a guy that i knew was dodgy. Anyway he kidnapped the kids, that was on the news recently. Then after flying over to ireland this weekend just gone i had to sit in a room with the social & my ex to find out this guy has ■■■■■■■■ abused my 13yr old daughter :imp: :imp: :imp: Even though ive never felt more angry in my life i sat there in silence & managed to keep my cool as i know it will be worth it in the end. Thats why since september last yr ive been keeping my head down. More important things to worry about.
I was just in the wrong place at the wrong time regarding the road rage.
The last thing i needed right now was to lose my job :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:
I admit ive made mistakes in the past & you guys can have a good laugh at me but its the last thing i needed right now.

jessicas dad:
do you remember this old chesnut

Yeah i do, but then i get a dp for changing an airline myself so whatever i seemed to do was wrong!!!

buf:
went into a dp

tyler4164:
but then i get a dp

What is all this talk of ■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■ ? ? ? :open_mouth: