Sacked cos of face book

Got told today, a lad who I used to work with has been sacked because he has been slating the boss on Facebook! Management got wind of it, called him in and sacked him.
So just be warned, watch what you do and say on-line, it’s really not worth it.

Fair play to them for sacking him!

It won’t happen to me because I’m not on Facebook.

if i’v got anything too say about my boss i’ll just say it too his face and he knows it

bald bloke:
It won’t happen to me because I’m not on Facebook.

No but you are on here! The point is just be carefull what you say, and don’t tell other drivers your ID on here!!!

Saaamon:

You seem like a nice person,not,!!

From a technical point of view, i would be interested to hear on what grounds they sacked him…

I didnt think you could just sack someone because what they are doing in their own time displeases or offends you…was he FB’ing during working hours?

You hear about this more and more but i bet a lot of case’s wouldnt stand up in an industrial tribunal.

Simon

bobbya:

Saaamon:

You give someone a job, pay them every week, then you hear their calling you a ■■■■ openly on facebook to all his mates and you’d still keep him on?

Saaamon:

bobbya:

Saaamon:

You give someone a job, pay them every week, then you hear their calling you a [zb] openly on facebook to all his mates and you’d still keep him on?

So what was he calling him,or don,t you know,we,re all entitled to an opinion even though we might not be liked for it,so until you know what was said don,t make stupid statements.thank you.

Thereal-john:
Got told today, a lad who I used to work with has been sacked because he has been slating the boss on Facebook! Management got wind of it, called him in and sacked him.

If his boss was that bad he must be glad to be out of there so it’s a win/win situation.

Harry Monk:

Thereal-john:

If his boss was that bad he must be glad to be out of there so it’s a win/win situation.

That’s what I was trying to say

bobbya:

Saaamon:

bobbya:

Saaamon:

You give someone a job, pay them every week, then you hear their calling you a [zb] openly on facebook to all his mates and you’d still keep him on?

So what was he calling him,or don,t you know,we,re all entitled to an opinion even though we might not be liked for it,so until you know what was said don,t make stupid statements.thank you.

So is saaamon not entitled to his opinion? For what it is worth I agree with him.

You represent your company/employer even when youre not on duty. If you choose to slate your boss or your company off and name them then it becomes gross misconduct as it puts the employer in a bad light. I am under the impression there have been many other examples of this and tribunals have agreed with the employers.

Just my ten pence worth,

mick

Once somthing is posted it’s out their for ever, a quick search on google brings it all up, so I’m not surprised bosses are clamping down on it

happysack:

bobbya:

Saaamon:

bobbya:

Saaamon:

So is saaamon not entitled to his opinion? For what it is worth I agree with him.

So you,re both in the wrong.

What happened to “free speech?”
Personally I think it’s stupid to write comments about your boss on a open forum / FB unless your prepared to say it to there face .
But at the same point you should be able to say what you want .

bobbya:

happysack:

bobbya:

Saaamon:

bobbya:

Saaamon:

So you,re both in the wrong.

For what?

I sat for over 10 minutes typing a load of stuff on why you shouldn’t post specific details about work on the Internet.

Then after due consideration I deleted it before pressing the submit button, & replaced it with this lot

Maybe sometime, others should consider the concequences before they submit their comments on the Internet …

Did his boss catch him on Facebook on his phone whilst drive? Ie comparing times of Facebook comments to where he was on a tracker?

We had a driver posting photos on faceache whilst driving and the dumb eejut was friends with two company directors on there!!!

peirre:
I sat for over 10 minutes typing a load of stuff on why you shouldn’t post specific details about work on the Internet.

Then after due consideration I deleted it before pressing the submit button, & replaced it with this lot

Maybe sometime, others should consider the concequences before they submit their comments on the Internet …

+1