S walker transport lives

From the brink of death the phoenix is rising.

A million quids of new new motors delivered yesterday to our yard and more on order for next year.

Hard to believe considering that nearly 2 years ago we were on the brink of destruction as a company but steve and steph walker have brought us back from the brink.

If you see us on the road next week give us a toot.

Thanks

They look great and one them is mine :sunglasses: happy days

We’ll done S Walker transport onwards and upwards

I must admit some of there unit where looking very tired, nice to see them on the up, how’s deano ain’t spoke to him for a couple of years now? :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

which one is Johnboy’s?

Funny enough i was thinking the other day i aint seen any of theres for ages. They used to run out of my old firm.
Wasnt there a family fall out or something.

Saw two of them solo on Wednesday near Wisbech weren’t even sign written yet did look nice .Having delivered to your yard this week I see why they alway look grubby lol .Enjoy your new truck tho

How come a company can revive itself with a £1m worth of new trucks? Obviously on lease.

I’m surprised that any leasing/finance company would touch those behind the name, given that they were in trouble before. Admittedly they do look nice, and good luck to them, but they have been in trouble once…

And they say there’s no money in transport. :confused:

Ken.

Be nice to know what the wages are or is it another company with new kit the drivers are paying for.

A pity they’re Skodas,some folk just aint got no taste!

Yep they are leased of course, with r &m i believe. That however is not the point, we, as drivers, have worked bloody hard to pick us back with steve at the helm.
As far as the wages go in answer to previous question, myself personally rarely drop below £500 a week mon to fri, take home. As high as 700.

Twiiggy:
Yep they are leased of course, with r &m i believe. That however is not the point, we, as drivers, have worked bloody hard to pick us back with steve at the helm.
As far as the wages go in answer to previous question, myself personally rarely drop below £500 a week mon to fri, take home. As high as 700.

are you boys still on percentage?

wildfire:

Twiiggy:

Yeah, still on bonus as bulk of pay

Twiiggy:

wildfire:

Twiiggy:

Yeah, still on bonus as bulk of pay

Be interesting to know what you get paid when your on holiday then…

Ken.

Quinny:
How come a company can revive itself with a £1m worth of new trucks? Obviously on lease.

I’m surprised that any leasing/finance company would touch those behind the name, given that they were in trouble before. Admittedly they do look nice, and good luck to them, but they have been in trouble once…

Ken.

The finance co will get the interest out of them, and if they go pop they will sell them cheap to WhiteWhiteWhite :smiley:

Quinny:

Ken.

That’s what I would like to know, if the work did not pay before how can a batch of new lease trucks make it pay now?
I mean have they set up doing the same thing again?
someone posted that they have worked hard, did they not work hard before?

I meant what I said when I wished them good luck, and I hope for the guys at the sharp end it does work, but I would also be wary of it given what has happened before. Won’t be nice to see history repeating itself.

While I won’t name the company, I know of another one localish to me that has risen a few times, only for it to crash again, while the owner still swans around in his flash car with private plates on. The funny thing is, they’re doing the same work for the same customer every time.

Ken.

Moose:

Quinny:

Ken.

That’s what I would like to know, if the work did not pay before how can a batch of new lease trucks make it pay now?
I mean have they set up doing the same thing again?
someone posted that they have worked hard, did they not work hard before?

Who said they are doing the work on the same terms as before or even for the same customer or it may have been brought down by a non paying customer .This firm have been about years and I can hardly remember hearing a bad word about them or from their drivers apart about the yard being waist deep in ■■■■

Yes did work hard before and we’re still working hard.

The difference is the new work we’re doing and the planning in the office has picked up.

Why do people have to pick holes in things, just wish us good luck and keep your negative comments to yourself.

Have a great weekend all.

Used to see them running into Aylesford Newsprint IIRC for quite a few years,so whats the full story? warts and all please!BTW not picking holes or slagging off, just maybe something we can all learn from :wink:

Good old Trucknet, never lets good news go unpunished