S&K Haulage

Hi

Im starting with S&K on the Long distance side end of March 2014, Looking forward to it, Plus any tips from present or ex S&K drivers,

Regards Alan. :wink:

Probably best to keep it to yourself and see how you get on :bulb: :bulb: :bulb: 99% of what you get on here will be slagging them offā€¦

:frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

alanpeacey:
Hi

Im starting with S&K on the Long distance side end of March 2014, Looking forward to it, Plus any tips from present or ex S&K drivers,

Regards Alan. :wink:

Best of luck. Youā€™ll get folks on here slating them but what iā€™ve heard youā€™re not pushed and the work is steady, I wouldnā€™t have any worries about working for them.

Just to add, as previously said its steady and you`re not hassled which is always a billy bonus :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Not sure i`d be impressed with having to park in lay-bys etc when in the Uk, but thats just me :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

pm sent, mate

Donā€™t listen to too much [zb] on here about them. They look good enough to me.
Good luck.

Why are you waiting until the end of March?

They have UK only.
Belgium only.Home weekends.
Then the distance European work.Away a few weeks.Can go anywhere.

They sent me a list some years back. It had the rates per job. I posted it on here, but iā€™ve no idea where it is now.

limeyphil:
They sent me a list some years back. It had the rates per job. I posted it on here, but iā€™ve no idea where it is now.

its prob all changed now Phil

alan if you have a starting date you should now pay and what the job in tails, or are you taking the job blind, and have you had an interview yet.

s&k you really need to know what they are paying. If you want to sit in milan all weekend and not get paid its up to you, if wheels not turning you dont get paid. My misses earns more and she works in a coop and she home every night. Yes i have spoke to them and have the wage structure here. Unless your name ends in kolwalsky the wages will never go up.

dieos:
s&k you really need to know what they are paying. If you want to sit in milan all weekend and not get paid its up to you, if wheels not turning you dont get paid. My misses earns more and she works in a coop and she home every night. Yes i have spoke to them and have the wage structure here. Unless your name ends in kolwalsky the wages will never go up.

Your wife works in a chicken coop? :wink: And whatā€™s that about ā€œUnless your name ends in kolwalskyā€? I think S&K employed one Polish driver last year (and he lived in Ystrad Mynach)ā€¦

Sorry missed the dot out of co.op. Do they double man? with british drivers then, as i overtook an s&k lorry last week on the N10 barbezieux and they looked eastern european to me, but i could be wrong.

Well, you look Greek to me - I could be wrongā€¦

dieos:
they looked eastern european to me, but i could be wrong.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
i canā€™t be the only one that thought that was funny? :laughing:

you can tell your a skint n knackered driver you dont like it when some 1 says the truth about them ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  wages and they will never get any better while they have clowns like you driving trucks oh and is kalwolski similar to your surname i wonder :laughing:

dieos:
you can tell your a skint n knackered driver you dont like it when some 1 says the truth about them [zb] wages and they will never get any better while they have clowns like you driving trucks oh and is kalwolski similar to your surname i wonder :laughing:

Firstly, where does your ā€œtruthā€ come from? ever worked for them? Or did you apply and got turned down perhaps?
My take home is equal to (and in a number of cases higher than) most ā€œhonestā€ drivers Iā€™ve spoken to!
I do long haul work for them, have done for a few years now, and canā€™t really complain. There are things that could be better, tell me which company is perfect - in the drivers mind.
Oh and my surname is not Kowalski or similar. FYI born in UK of british parents, british passport, british name, etc.
And, as ā€œSargeā€ has said, in the years Iā€™ve worked for them Iā€™ve only known of 4 polish nationality drivers, all of whom had UK licences.
If you must post on a thread at least get your facts correct before doing so.

dieos:
you can tell your a skint n knackered driver you dont like it when some 1 says the truth about them [zb] wages and they will never get any better while they have clowns like you driving trucks oh and is kalwolski similar to your surname i wonder :laughing:

Got around your ban then, did you?

Give up, Skorpio - you canā€™t educate pork, mate :wink:

Hang on lads
Iā€™m outta popcorn :wink: :wink: