Running overtime

Recently god know why over the past 3 weeks I have been caught out twice each week by over running time by 30 mins or less. The majority of these are due to traffic/accidents and my employers requirement to park in a safe and secure place while loaded. On one occasion I got completely lost.
If I was collared by vosa would thwy take my trousers down and royally [zb] me or will they see the print outs and explanations and be fine with it?

I would make sure that your print out is endorsed with the approximate time and location of the RTA delays as well as the need for secure parking. 30 minutes would sound like driving past one motorway service area in an attempt to reach the next one. As these incidents have all occurred in a short space of time you need to ensure that there is some evidence that you have taken notice of running over your time. The next few weeks should show that you are parking up short of your time; you should be planning to do this anyway. If you are desperately concerned about losing paid time then stop at the services the one before your final overnight stop to use the toilet…15 minutes paid time gained. Stopping for an overnight and pulling the card immediately should be a rare thing, you presumably have time sheets to complete, delivery notes to put in order, an overnight parking ticket to be paid for and what about a quick check over the vehicle, cleaning the lights and screen? Extra time to reach safe parking is not something that VoSA will tolerate if it keeps happening, so if your employer starts complaining about 12.5 hr days he needs to be reminded about this.

If you are running over your time twice per week on a regular basis I think you may have a hard time explaining yourself should DVSA stop you.

Twice a week is taking the ■■■■, you know that, the wheeltappers (whatever they call themselves this week) will not be impressed.

You say the past 3wks, why did you not learn the second week from your experience in the first, then to do the same thing in the third week 6 times in total:shock: , well what do you think yourself VOSA will say?
Not being funny but you do not have to drive up to the last minute before you look for a parking place, ok an RTA hold up is maybe different, but we all have to deal with them, but mostly without going so far over your time.
If your Boss is pressuring you to last minute driving he needs told, you are allowed to stand up for yourself you know. :bulb:

jimmypk:
Recently god know why over the past 3 weeks I have been caught out twice each week by over running time by 30 mins or less. The majority of these are due to traffic/accidents and my employers requirement to park in a safe and secure place while loaded. On one occasion I got completely lost.
If I was collared by vosa would thwy take my trousers down and royally [zb] me or will they see the print outs and explanations and be fine with it?

This is happening too me now on a regular basis,normally last shift,planning ,accidents,hold up at rdc,s etc,I’ve been told just write on back of printout and it will be fine if stopped by vosa ,

dozy:
This is happening too me now on a regular basis

…just write on back of printout and it will be fine if stopped by vosa

:unamused:

dozy:

jimmypk:

This is happening too me now on a regular basis,normally last shift,planning ,accidents,hold up at rdc,s etc,I’ve been told just write on back of printout and it will be fine if stopped by vosa ,

It won’t be fine, it will be a fine, if you are doing this on a regular basis. If this occurs on the odd occasion for a good reason like an rta, that’s one thing. On a regular basis show bad planning by your company, and you flouting the rules.

Contraflow:

dozy:
This is happening too me now on a regular basis

…just write on back of printout and it will be fine if stopped by vosa

:unamused:

It’s called lack of forward planning by all concerned .

This is what DVSA will tell you…you had 4 hours 29 mins to find somewhere to park up for your break,and daft as it seems they are right,that’s what they told one of our lads.

dozy:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: dozy mate you really crack me up bud, you,re a legend.
Anyway, I thought you were sat in the pub at teatime every day after knocking half a day off the job . :smiley: :unamused:
Anyway that’s right, it will be fine VOSA are certain to let it go, (especially if it’s on a ‘regular basis’ ) …trust me :wink:

ckm1981:
This is what DVSA will tell you…you had 4 hours 29 mins to find somewhere to park up for your break,and daft as it seems they are right,that’s what they told one of our lads.

What’s daft about it ? exactly it’s right :bulb:
Too many drivers waiting to the last minute and/or resorting to parking in a ■■■■ lay by instead of finding somewhere suitable sooner :unamused:

robroy:

ckm1981:

What’s daft about it ? exactly it’s right :bulb:
Too many drivers waiting to the last minute and/or resorting to parking in a [zb] lay by instead of finding somewhere suitable sooner :unamused:

I always start looking at 3:45hr,only gone over my time once in last 12 months and that was because a car decided to catch fire about 500 yards in front of me on the M6.

robroy:
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: dozy mate you really crack me up bud, you,re a legend.

He’s certainly an end of some sort; I think it’s less leg and more bell though.

Personally i aim to be parked up at least 15 min before my time expires as it gives me a little lee way

Contraflow:

robroy:

He’s certainly an end of some sort; I think it’s less leg and more bell though.

Nice one :laughing:

robroy:

dozy:

Anyway, I thought you were sat in the pub at teatime every day after knocking half a day off the job . :smiley: :unamused:
Anyway that’s right, it will be fine VOSA are certain to let it go, (especially if it’s on a ‘regular basis’ ) …trust me :wink:

I’m not a legend or anything else,I’m just a driver having done 70/80 hrs through the week wants to have my w/end /45 hrs in my own bed,at home not in some rat infested layby/ no food/ night out gear/ toilet etc ,I just want to go home ,writing on a printout gives me that option so I’m told,so I’ll use it .
If you and your holier than thou mates want to spend your time off in a tin box good luck too you,I’m comming home whatever :exclamation: :exclamation:

Agree with that Dozy. Just don’t do it too often. Too many people are ■■■■■■■■■■ of VOSA.

dozy:

robroy:

dozy:

I’m not a legend or anything else,I’m just a driver having done 70/80 hrs through the week wants to have my w/end /45 hrs in my own bed,at home not in some rat infested layby/ no food/ night out gear/ toilet etc ,I just want to go home ,writing on a printout gives me that option so I’m told,so I’ll use it .
If you and your holier than thou mates want to spend your time off in a tin box good luck too you,I’m comming home whatever :exclamation: :exclamation:

Do it often though, if you get tugged VOSA are gunna question why you are running over time regardless of printouts.

dozy:
,I just want to go home ,writing on a printout gives me that option so I’m told,so I’ll use it .quote.
Bit of good advice Doze me old mate…don’t believe everything they tell you! :bulb: :bulb: :wink: