Running illegal.

I have recently gone through few companie sthat all run illegal, so I have question to you - “old superprofessional English Drivors” who run illegal for 90h a week and brag about taking home GOOD MONEY

Due to some freakers starting to argue about money and avoiding talking about my question money was removed from original post - Are you happy now■■?

In one of companies that required me to do so I was told by management that it’s perfectly legal to do 16h shift without breaks with 8h driving 1h other work and 7h driving back to yard because apparently vehicle was excempt for tacho, or writing down hours…

All guys in this company run just running - don’t write down any single thing, no mileage no break times no nothing, just start and finish time and hours so they get paid right…

So how legal is this…■■

This is not question for old rats that sit there, but more for someone from gov bodies that browse this forum…

I understnad that if you are exempt for tacho - you have to do paper logs - write down mileage break times etc… and still have to obey some hourly rules…

vehicles in question are vehicles that require hgv licence and cpc to be driven but they have something different mountedon the back of them…

So what exemptions actually apply - are there any exemptions that would make situation describeb by me being legal■■?

Am I missing something and it is legal, or my company is just a bunch of rats and I’m right and it’s illlegal…?

And it’s nowhere near working near depot 50miles etc - they run everywhere.

They also claim that vehicles are exempt of hgv regulations, but in the ame time required me to have hgv licence and valid cpc…

Thanks,

I smell BS,if they are running bent why would they pay you 3-4K a month take home.

xichrisxi:
I smell BS,if they are running bent why would they pay you 3-4K a month take home.

Because their pay package is based on very low basic and ridiculously high overtime rates and it ads up - some most experienced guys in there do make such money…

anyhow - my question was about legality not money that was for other guys who worked there while I was there.

kyk:

xichrisxi:

Because their pay package is based on very low basic and ridiculously high overtime rates and it ads up - some most experienced guys in there do make such money…

So,to take home 4K a month would require a top line of around 5.5k,
5.5k divided by 90 (hours) is £60 a hour straight through.
Again I smell BS

xichrisxi:

kyk:

xichrisxi:

Again I smell BS

happy now mr oftoppic…?

xichrisxi:

kyk:

xichrisxi:

Again I smell BS

90 hours a week, 360 hours a month, so 5500/360 is just over £15 an hour straight!

kyk:

xichrisxi:

kyk:

xichrisxi:

Again I smell BS

happy now mr oftoppic…?

Yes ecstatic.

Glad you’re ogasmic - now answer my question sm_■■■…

Why not just phone dvsa :laughing:

xichrisxi:

kyk:

xichrisxi:

Again I smell BS

6.6k a month by 90 Hour a Week.
Now 90 x 13 = 1170 : 3 = 390 hour a month = £14.10 per hour

kyk:
I have recently gone through few companie sthat all run illegal, so I have question to you - “old superprofessional English Drivors” who run illegal for 90h a week and brag about taking home GOOD MONEY

Due to some freakers starting to argue about money and avoiding talking about my question money was removed from original post - Are you happy now■■?

In one of companies that required me to do so I was told by management that it’s perfectly legal to do 16h shift without breaks with 8h driving 1h other work and 7h driving back to yard because apparently vehicle was excempt for tacho, or writing down hours…

What industry was the company in? Certain types of vehicles are exempt from tacho regulations, such as recovery trucks and the emergency services (I drove ambulances for an agency which are 5t, and they didn’t even have tachos as they were exempt), but if it’s freight, it’s totally illegal.

Is this thread related to other thread where someone cut and pasted eu driver exemptions ■■

IndigoJo:
What industry was the company in? Certain types of vehicles are exempt from tacho regulations, such as recovery trucks and the emergency services (I drove ambulances for an agency which are 5t, and they didn’t even have tachos as they were exempt), but if it’s freight, it’s totally illegal.

I’m asking this here because this company is not in either recovery or emergency but also not in freight - I was unable to find this companies industry in any of exemptions.

It’t is something cimilar to cranes, but also not quite because vehicles are not cranes, but standard hgv with non standard device mounted on back.

P.S. thanks for one real reply in sea of money scavenger replies…

But even for tacho exempt - dont they need to keep some records of hours?
These ones don’ t use pen at all…
All these trucks they use HAVE tachos fitted - if this helps answer my question.

Look, it’s simple: Either say whatever the niche is so someone can tell you yes/no as far as any exemption goes or shut up about it and quit all the crypticness. There is nothing to discuss here; you either want an answer or you don’t. If you do then present the full facts so that you are able to be correctly advised.

Could it be mix on site concrete machines? They’re exempt as classes as plant equipment.

FWIW I worked it out at £14.10 per hour too

If it roadsweepers, jetvac machines or tankers on sewage duties, then all of those are generally exempt from drivers hours. My experience of those roles is that many work in excess of 80 hours week.

if cement mixers are classed as plant then it could be the same for these…

but still - dnt they need to keep at least some records? none at all?

kyk:
if cement mixers are classed as plant then it could be the same for these…

but still - dnt they need to keep at least some records? none at all?

I know some operators of exempted vehicles that don’t keep any records of drivers hours at all. They will usually claim the drivers timesheet is sufficient. If you think about it logically though, if the vehicles are exempt, keeping records of drivers hours actually serves little purpose.

If the vehicle in question is exempt from needing to use a taco what’s the point of keeping made up records anyway?

Could be utility…