Running bent

Why do people get so wound up about people running bent?
Are people that run bent a danger to other roads users? No. They’re usually safer, They sleep when they need to, Not when they’re told to.
Do they undercut other operators? No. They charge much more, They can do this by offering a reliable service.

Tachographs and tachograph laws should be banned, Working for any amount of time you wish to should be a fundamental human right.
Polititions sometimes like to tell you that they survive on 4 hours sleep, They then tell us that we can’t do the same. :unamused:

good point do you drive for hsf lol

NURSE - Phil need his pills again . :smiley:

Oh dear, really? 2/10 for effort

I’m guessing bigr250 will be along just shortly to applaud Phil.

switchlogic:

don’t delude yourself, you know it’s worth a 6. :laughing:

Without the rules i know i’d be working 24hours day without a say in matter, fact! So i’m glad we’ve got them, it is frustrating sometimes when you want to crack on or get home on friday instead of running in on a saturday but they do more good than harm.

They only brought the laws in because those that (want) to run bent didn’t know when to stop before they killed someone for an extra dime.

If you don’t make enough running legit change the way you operate or the business your in to make what you want :slight_smile:

limeyphil:

switchlogic:

don’t delude yourself, you know it’s worth a 6. :laughing:

Far too obvious to be a 6

Saaamon:
Without the rules i know i’d be working 24hours day without a say in matter, fact! So i’m glad we’ve got them, it is frustrating sometimes when you want to crack on or get home on friday instead of running in on a saturday but they do more good than harm.

That’s very true ,i really wish they where layed out better though .I hate doing days and nights back to back and sometimes only with 9hr breaks in between

limeyphil:
Tachographs and tachograph laws should be banned, working a driver for as long as he wants should be an employers fundamental human right

Fixed that for ya! :wink:

I think the rules are just right personally, abit more weekly rest would be nice but that it.

The days of 24 hour running bent and sleeping on bays whilst loading or unloading for 3 weeks straight have gone now…hopefully. It’s not dangerous at all that though is it because you can sleep on your 3 days off !!!

6 days on should be allowed each week that could be followed by a 36 hour break which would leave you on the same shift pattern, days or nights each week.

Kerbdog:
The days of 24 hour running bent and sleeping on bays whilst loading or unloading for 3 weeks straight have gone now…hopefully. It’s not dangerous at all that though is it because you can sleep on your 3 days off !!!

6 days on should be allowed each week that could be followed by a 36 hour break which would leave you on the same shift pattern, days or nights each week.

I disagree and think you should only be allowed to work 6 shifts one week then 5 then next.

Kerbdog:
6 days on should be allowed each week that could be followed by a 36 hour break

Be careful what you wish for…

limeyphil:
Why do people get so wound up about people running bent?
Are people that run bent a danger to other roads users? No. They’re usually safer, They sleep when they need to, Not when they’re told to.
Do they undercut other operators? No. They charge much more, They can do this by offering a reliable service.

Tachographs and tachograph laws should be banned, Working for any amount of time you wish to should be a fundamental human right.
Polititions sometimes like to tell you that they survive on 4 hours sleep, They then tell us that we can’t do the same. :unamused:

Whats disturbing is some folks wonder why we dont take them seriously

Saaamon:

Kerbdog:

I disagree and think you should only be allowed to work 6 shifts one week then 5 then next.

Actually, that would be better :blush: I was just trying to eradicate the rest period (24hr) which has you finishing at 7pm after starting at 4am and then starting again the next night at 7pm and running through till 10am the next morning ! Maybe a 36 hour one week and a 50 the next week !

One day you will sit and say why, wots it all for. And then you’ll be in a box with someone else behind the wheel.

Calm down, enjoy your family and friends dont live beyond your means cos one day it’ll all be over

FFS at least the anti trucknet trolling is quite amusing.

I would like to see the daily rest requirement reworded to remove the reference to the 24 hour period. Effectively you should still be able to do your 3x15 hours but a nine off should only be available to a driver spending the night in the vehicle or otherwise away from his usual operating centre. It’s ridiculous that you can have nine off and lose time out of it commuting.