Running bent

starfighter:
I would like to see the daily rest requirement reworded to remove the reference to the 24 hour period. Effectively you should still be able to do your 3x15 hours but a nine off should only be available to a driver spending the night in the vehicle or otherwise away from his usual operating centre. It’s ridiculous that you can have nine off and lose time out of it commuting.

it used to be that , 9 hours reduction away from base and yes I agree that should be the case, the same for reducing your weekly rest to 24 … if your home it should be a 36 min

Another day, another stupid post on truck net.
I can’t actually be arsed putting my point of view, but I guess you can imagine what it would be.

Harry Monk:

limeyphil:
Tachographs and tachograph laws should be banned, working a driver for as long as he wants should be an employers fundamental human right

Fixed that for ya! :wink:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Harry’s thinking of taking on a driver.

Bet no one can name another industry that has no hours laws, were they are forced to work 24 hrs a day.

Thereal-john:
I can’t actually be arsed putting my point of view, but I guess you can imagine what it would be.

Stupid? What’s stupid about it? is it stupid to discuss different views?
What one man considers running bent, another man may consider it another day in the office.
For example. Some think that going 15 minutes over your hours to find safe parking, or to get back to the yard/home is running bent. I don’t.
If a driver is on his way back on Thurday evening, But gets stuck in traffic, Then finds he has to park up for the night rather than get home as planned. He has to run in on Friday rather than having Friday off.
In my way of thinking, But not the legal way. The driver should have the right to carry on providing he’s not doing it to squeeze in another job.

Generally in my time I’ve found that those who ran or run bent never shout about it and certainly don’t mention it on a forum and those went an hour over there time once go on and on about how bent they run, what a big man it makes them and how great they are.

Rikki-UK:

limeyphil:
Why do people get so wound up about people running bent?
Are people that run bent a danger to other roads users? No. They’re usually safer, They sleep when they need to, Not when they’re told to.
Do they undercut other operators? No. They charge much more, They can do this by offering a reliable service.

Tachographs and tachograph laws should be banned, Working for any amount of time you wish to should be a fundamental human right.
Polititions sometimes like to tell you that they survive on 4 hours sleep, They then tell us that we can’t do the same. :unamused:

Whats disturbing is some folks wonder why we dont take them seriously

I would get to the doctors with it if you find it disturbing.
Having an alternative view, Looking at the opinions of others makes a forum more interesting. The world would be a very boring place if people didn’t ask questions with imagination.
People were once told that the world was flat, The Earth was the centre of the universe, Penicilin was lethal.
Everyone went along with it. If you didn’t you could have been sentenced to death.
It took someone to dare to question the status quo.

limeyphil:
Are people that run bent a danger to other roads users? No. They’re usually safer, They sleep when they need to, Not when they’re told to.
Do they undercut other operators? No. They charge much more, They can do this by offering a reliable service.

How can you not undercut other operators if you’re driving over the legal driving time?

Another ■■■■■■■■■ :unamused:

Thereal-john:

You just did :smiley:

Conor:

limeyphil:

How can you not undercut other operators if you’re driving over the legal driving time?

Another [zb], :unamused:

Have a look at the naughty naughty thread. Maurice and big Ross will educate you!

limeyphil:

switchlogic:
Oh dear, really? 2/10 for effort

don’t delude yourself, you know it’s worth a 6. :laughing:

Probably is but cos I used a magnet it only shows 2.

I’ve read somewhere recently a quote which went like this, it would be applicable to all workers and professionals and everyday people,'rules are for the guidance of wise men and the obedience of fools"
I for one see this and I’d say most of the smartest folks in the land!

limeyphil:
Tachographs and tachograph laws should be banned, Working for any amount of time you wish to should be a fundamental human right.

That statement clearly says to me that you’ve never worked for a proper company, do you honestly think that if there were no rules in haulage you’d just be able to work the hours you like.?

Deeireland:
'rules are for the guidance of wise men and the obedience of fools"

Yeah, that chap who’s just been put away for tachgraph offences is a wise old chap isn’t he.

Just because he was caught breaking the law does not mean he’s unwise does it?

Being caught to the extent he was and then being put in prison would lead me to believe he’s not the wisest man you’ll ever meet that’s for sure. The wisest are the ones that use the rules to their best advantage in my opinion.

Which logic! Switch logic.

Well If you are chucking the quotes around, how about;

Bettter to be stay silent and be thought a fool rather than speaking and confirming it.

Del Boy ,I’m writing not speaking.

switchlogic:
Generally in my time I’ve found that those who ran or run bent never shout about it and certainly don’t mention it on a forum and those went an hour over there time once go on and on about how bent they run, what a big man it makes them and how great they are.

I agree.