Runcorn toll bridge

Heard on the radio today the antique Runcorn bridge will have a toll when they build that new bridge a bit further down which will also have a toll, funny that

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Not so funny for those that have to pay it. If they did not toll the old bridge as well, nobody would use the new one.

Story goes that the tolls on the old Severn bridge were to pay for building the new one… :unamused:

The Welsh Assembly has promised to drop the charges right down to just a few quid. Not holding my breath though. (How can you tell a politician is lying? His/Her lips move…)

correct,google mersey gateway for info ,will open in 2017 widnes and runcorn residents will get a free tag

They will toll the new bridge, then they are shutting the old Bridge to change it so it only has one lane going either way across bridge.

Sent from my SM-T555 using Tapatalk

the nodding donkey:
Story goes that the tolls on the old Severn bridge were to pay for building the new one… :unamused:

The Welsh Assembly has promised to drop the charges right down to just a few quid. Not holding my breath though. (How can you tell a politician is lying? His/Her lips move…)

Same story with the Itchen bridge in Southampton, which opened in 1977 at a cost of 12 million.
It’s since raked in 76 million, but guess what, it’s still not free! :unamused:

scrotumscratcher:
correct,google mersey gateway for info ,will open in 2017 widnes and runcorn residents will get a free tag

I can see the old bridge from my house and it’s fantastic to see the new one being built, even with all the roadworks at the moment.

The last I saw is that the locals were going to get x many trips per year, something like 220 ish. It’s a way off and I’d not bet my house on them changing their minds on that. The old one is expensive to maintain, even with reduced traffic…how long are they going to want to pay for the upkeep of it when there is a nice shiny bridge half a mile upstream? I have to say I don’t trust them one bit.

So you will have to PAY to get out of one [zb]hole and into another.

eagerbeaver:

Correct! :laughing:

The sooner the bridge works are complete the better. All the closures and diversions are a ball ache.

eagerbeaver:

no it will still be free to get to warrington :open_mouth:

albion:

scrotumscratcher:

I can see the old bridge from my house and it’s fantastic to see the new one being built, even with all the roadworks at the moment.

The last I saw is that the locals were going to get x many trips per year, something like 220 ish. It’s a way off and I’d not bet my house on them changing their minds on that. The old one is expensive to maintain, even with reduced traffic…how long are they going to want to pay for the upkeep of it when there is a nice shiny bridge half a mile upstream? I have to say I don’t trust them one bit.

you must have really good eyes then from salford

Warrington? I always travel from Widnes to Runcorn on the bridge.(Or the other way round).

scrotumscratcher:

albion:

scrotumscratcher:

you must have really good eyes then from salford

I work in Salford, don’t live there…trying to work out which is worse :unamused:

well if your in runcorn thats like the village of the damned but if your in widnes thats not to bad

scrotumscratcher:
well if your in runcorn thats like the village of the damned but if your in widnes thats not to bad

That made me :laughing: . I’m in Runcorn, but I’d rather be here than Widnes. Though I’d rather be in a lot of other places.

Napped off with a bird one night in a pub in Runcorn,we gets outside and she said " kiss me somewhere smelly " so I took her to Widnes :stuck_out_tongue:

it wasn’t gladys peach by any chance was it :smiley:

The bold Gwladys Peach,what a beauty :wink:

gladys was getting the bus from runcorn to widnes late one night in her usual drunken state ,the bus conductor asked her for her fare ,[yes it was that long ago,on double deckers] having no money as usual she lifted up her skirt and said ‘‘here you’ll have to take it out of this’’ christ said the bus conductor haven’t you got anything smaller :laughing: :laughing: