Runcorn toll bridge

scrotumscratcher:
gladys was getting the bus from runcorn to widnes late one night in her usual drunken state ,the bus conductor asked her for her fare ,[yes it was that long ago,on double deckers] having no money as usual she lifted up her skirt and said ‘‘here you’ll have to take it out of this’’ christ said the bus conductor haven’t you got anything smaller :laughing: :laughing:

:grimacing:

that sounds like Gladys.

Ramon123:
Napped off with a bird one night in a pub in Runcorn,we gets outside and she said " kiss me somewhere smelly " so I took her to Widnes :stuck_out_tongue:

then you should of jumped on the roof of the next passing car put a fiver in his hand and said repeatedly CAR WASH,CAR WASH :unamused:

bubsy06:
Heard on the radio today the antique Runcorn bridge will have a toll when they build that new bridge a bit further down which will also have a toll, funny that

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Anyone remember the transporter bridge which was alongside the old new bridge? (Many moons ago!)

Steve

Sent from my laptop using fingers

Ste46:

bubsy06:
Heard on the radio today the antique Runcorn bridge will have a toll when they build that new bridge a bit further down which will also have a toll, funny that

Anyone remember the transporter bridge which was alongside the old new bridge? (Many moons ago!)

Steve

I can remember the transporter bridge when i first started driving , never used it though . yes i am that old .

Ste46:

bubsy06:

Steve

I remember the Transporter,went on it a few times,a bit of a bone shaker.Apparently it got scrapped,would have been a good tourist attraction if they’d have kept it erect (oeer Missus) even if not in use.The end for Runcorn came when they filled in the Top Locks,a flight of locks from the Bridgewater Canal to the Manchester Ship Canal,it became a dead end.There’s talk of them being opened again though,would be good to see and sail on.

@Ramon, yes I heard that about the top locks. i think Runcorn’s agot a big grant and they are doing up all along the canalside, which is pretty shocking.

Runcorn might be carp in a lot of ways, but I’m 10 minutes walk from the theatre and they put some great stuff on, and in 10 minutes the other driection I’m taking the mutts for a walk on the Hill/Heath. Roads might be problematic at the mo, but by the M56, or up the bypass to the 62, 5 mins walk from the railway station and 15 mins max to Liverpool airport, it’s actually got a lot going for it.

Just need to remove some of the human detritus that’s washed up there.

albion:
@Ramon, yes I heard that about the top locks. i think Runcorn’s agot a big grant and they are doing up all along the canalside, which is pretty shocking.

Runcorn might be carp in a lot of ways, but I’m 10 minutes walk from the theatre and they put some great stuff on, and in 10 minutes the other driection I’m taking the mutts for a walk on the Hill/Heath. Roads might be problematic at the mo, but by the M56, or up the bypass to the 62, 5 mins walk from the railway station and 15 mins max to Liverpool airport, it’s actually got a lot going for it.

Just need to remove some of the human detritus that’s washed up there.

Wools they’re called.

That’s polite Halewood :laughing:

Albion.I’ve got some relatives who live in the Corn,down the old town.Not been for a visit for a long time,have to make an effort in the not too distant.Good to hear that they’ve got a grant to do the canal.Used to go sailing out of that boatyard in Halton Road,behind the Halfway House pub.Happy days :wink:

Ramon, it’s the canalside area, where the theatre is and the opposite side by the lights. Not sure if the Toplocks is part of it, I hope so.

Cycle or walk over that bridge every morning to work, our yard is in West Bank so no hold ups for me. Hope they keep the footpath open when they close it for maintenance when the new one opens

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got you now Albion. :wink:

That place opposite the Brindley on the other side of the canal that they’re building on used to be Crosville Bus Garage back in the day.

Ramon123:

That place opposite the Brindley on the other side of the canal that they’re building on used to be Crosville Bus Garage back in the day.

Building a pub there when they’ve dug all the crap out the ground, the licensing application has been on the fence for a while

Ramon123:

Showing your age there!

I’d like to think the canal side developement will really improve the area, but I suspect it will be all KFC etc. There isn’t one single decent place to eat that I know of in Runcorn :frowning:

albion:

Ramon123:

Showing your age there!

I’d like to think the canal side developement will really improve the area, but I suspect it will be all KFC etc. There isn’t one single decent place to eat that I know of in Runcorn :frowning:

The Devonshire Bakery is Runcorns highlight.
The old town looks like Chernobyl.Full of grim funny talking inbreds.That alehouse by the baths is like stepping back in time!!

halewood:
The Devonshire Bakery is Runcorns highlight.
The old town looks like Chernobyl.Full of grim funny talking inbreds.That alehouse by the baths is like stepping back in time!!

Actually it is the highlight, but you know, for a nice night out, it doesn’t work :laughing:

I’m from Yorkshire ( I know :wink: )and I reckon people from Runcorn are either a) as you say inbred cos they’ve been there for years, b) touched by all the chemicals or c) reject scousers ( my OH was a scouser ).

A fine Runcorn drinking establishment.

Yeah I’m an old git Albion :wink:

The death knell for the Corn was when the Blue Lagoon shut down

had some good nights in there. :slight_smile:

I was going to suggest applying for a permit to napalm the place.

But I don’t like wasting a good stamp.

Oi, I live there - don’t wanna be homeless…on the other hand… :laughing: