Rude truck drivers

Monkey241:
I guess we just have different measures of intellect.
I find correct usage of written English a fair indicator, whereas you prefer idiotic stereotyping.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

As much as it pains me to stick up for Dicky, and his drivel…
As far as I remember when I did my English exam course at school it was…
‘Past’ (as a past tense of the verb ‘to drive’ or ‘to walk’ in two instances as examples.)
So the word ‘Past’ is an adverb.
If you say you ‘drove passed’ it is the use of two main verbs in that sentence which is gramatically incorrect.
Passed is the past tense usage of the verb ‘To pass’.
So I think the correct word in this context is ‘past’ rather than passed.

Aye ok, I know…,.I’m a smartarse, :blush: .and wtf does it matter anyway… :smiley:
Sorry. :smiley:

DickyNick:
I’m courteous and professional (even in my car) and don’t act like well this driver has done this so I’m going to do this attitude. He didn’t bother with the speed limit as many truckers don’t but I’ll still flash you in to be courtesy. And he couldn’t even be bothered flashing his indicators. And car drivers generally don’t like us why I wonder

Maybe it was daylight and he flashed the tail lights not the indicators.Like he’s supposed to.
10% +1 who cares. :laughing:

Somebody just got served before me,even though I was there first.

Nope you’re quite right and I apologise.

commonrail:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
why dont you let us all know what happened then?
good or bad itl be more interesting that prickydicks fishing exercise. :slight_smile:

Monkey241:

Hey don’t apologise to me mate (assuming you meant me) as I am just a pedantic ****** :laughing:
I could have got it wrong, as it was over… errrrrrr 20 years ago :wink: since I was at school doing all that cack. :laughing:

Your a good man robroy. Ever thought about joining the police? You’ve got a good quality for it there. Firm but fair to the person who is in fact correct even when you didn’t want that person to be correct. PC ROBROY

dieseldog999:

msgyorkie:
I had a rare night out this week and in my lonliness I reached for the sock.
This sock however is getting a bit tatty and not wanting to bring home to be washed and thus getting asked akward questions from the Mrs, I may have to dispose of said sock!
Therefore fellow truckers and sock enthusiasts, what sock is a good all rounder?

^^^^^^
theres no point in wasting your good old gentlemans friend sock…just lie it flat and spread out,then when your parked in your layby having a break,it can help to pass the time when you use it as a boomerang but its a bit of a bummer when you want to just throw it away?

How about some arts and crafts?

images.jpeg-84.jpg

DickyNick:
In my car yesterday, 50mph speed dual carriageway. Hermes truck comes past overtaking on his limiter complete disregard for the 50mph speed limit. Despite this after he’d past me I still flashed him in and he couldn’t even be arsed to flash his indicators to say thank you. What is it with truckers? Can’t keep to speed limits and can’t be bothered to say thank you to a courteous car driver and then expect car drivers to let us out and let us into other lanes etc.

sobbing.gif

DickyNick:
Your a good man robroy. Ever thought about joining the police? You’ve got a good quality for it there. Firm but fair to the person who is in fact correct even when you didn’t want that person to be correct. PC ROBROY

Aye I know, I’m ■■■■ brilliant. :sunglasses:
But don’t milk it, I was clarifying a point of grammar, rather than sticking up for you. :wink: :smiley:

robroy:

Monkey241:

Hey don’t apologise to me mate (assuming you meant me) as I am just a pedantic ****** [emoji38]
I could have got it wrong, as it was over… errrrrrr 20 years ago :wink: since I was at school doing all that cack. [emoji38]

Much as it stuck in my craw I was apologising to the [zb] [zb] OP [emoji6]

…If you drive to the speed limits, you get accused of “hanging it out”…

Stupid thing is, where does all that resentment come from, that doesn’t actually affect the daily working lives of others alongside?

Meanwhile, if you drive like a ■■■■■■ all day long, managers don’t seem to mind, your fellow colleagues don’t seem to mind, and it is just those other truckers working for firms where you’ll never likely meet any of them socially - that DO mind.

Where’s the biggest group of people out-and-about NOT wearing masks right now?

“Driver only vehicles”.

You’d think we’d be short of traffic on our roads, like an already crushed economy, people not going out much 'cos they can’t afford it, School’s out, 'cos it’s august, no back and forth to the beach, 'cos it is the MIDDLE of the weekend…

Dartford Tunnel this morning… Mental amounts of traffic, then not helped by three overhights in quick succession… Amazing how people driving DD trailers can’t get over into that right-hand lane even when the damned thing is open!

I’m looking at other traffic… All drivers on their own, men and women, most of them not wearing anything that looks like a “uniform”, so presumably not a working trip, but more likely some bit of personal business as to why one would bother going anywhere not associated with “Leisure” on a fine sunny day…

I reckon the traffic is already back to “As bad as ever” levels, and WTF is going to happen come September when Teachers, Pupils, Mums and Dads doing School Runs, and workers by that point coming off furlough, having just got back from holidays overseas, done their two weeks quarentine on full pay (nice if you can still get that, cheap if you can get it on NO pay, looking at the cost of “buying extra holiday” at work these days…)

Is there going to be a belated reaction, and come the end of november… BANG! We hit a brick wall, massive redundancies, huge mortgage defaults, collapsing markets… Where do you want to be at by THAT point?
It’ll be like paying £50 to get out of jail in Monopoly when someone else owns the entire “Crap Alley” from Pall Mall to Vine Street… You’ll stay in jail for the full three turns - if you’ve got any sense!

"…after he’d past me " is incorrect.

After he’d gone past me would be ok, however in this instance " after he’d passed me " would have been correct.

dieseldog999:

commonrail:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
good or bad itl be more interesting that prickydicks fishing exercise. :slight_smile:

I took it on chin.

Was going to start a thread on pubnet.uk.
But thought it might seem a bit triv.

commonrail:

dieseldog999:

commonrail:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I took it on chin.

Winseer:
…If you drive to the speed limits, you get accused of “hanging it out”…

Stupid thing is, where does all that resentment come from, that doesn’t actually affect the daily working lives of others alongside?

Meanwhile, if you drive like a ■■■■■■ all day long, managers don’t seem to mind, your fellow colleagues don’t seem to mind.

Why give a second thought or even mildly care what these teararsing idiots who risk their licence to be the bosses favourite pet think ? :neutral_face:

Of course the managers dont mind, they are being made to look good by these idiots, who will go like ■■■■ for a pat on the back.

I work alongside a few of these clowns, nothing is said to my face, which is surprising as I have made no secret of my contempt to these pricks to a couple of their faces.

Just do your job legally and efficiently and take no notice of what they say behind your back or to your face.

I save my tear arsing sessions for me only, like for a Saturday if I need to get home for something, or if I’m making for somewhere decent to overnight park…nothing else. :bulb:

Winseer:

commonrail:

dieseldog999:

commonrail:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I took it on chin.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkwQ6EjLdMQ

Clear a path

Anyone one on here know if loading or unloading socks onto ones bellend counts as other work or if indeed the loading of the sock itself counts as such? I find its best to do it while driving as it just frees up time later on to ponder why there are so many people in cars afraid to just keep up with the flow of traffic instead of needlessly forcing lorry driver to have to look in the mirror, indicate then pull out blocking the flow of traffic wanting to drive at 55 mph for a least 2 minutes allowing the wifes/husbands of those drivers 2 more minutes to polish off the Steak that might otherwise go to waste on the Friday evening… Even I’ve lost my train of thought now…
Talking of trains, when was the last time you seen one of them stuck under a low bridge? I wonder what sat navs train drivers use?

Today Rowley you are DickyNick
Give it a rest you’ve been sussed out

switchlogic:

DickyNick:
In my car yesterday, 50mph speed dual carriageway. Hermes truck comes past overtaking on his limiter complete disregard for the 50mph speed limit. Despite this after he’d past me I still flashed him in and he couldn’t even be arsed to flash his indicators to say thank you. What is it with truckers? Can’t keep to speed limits and can’t be bothered to say thank you to a courteous car driver and then expect car drivers to let us out and let us into other lanes etc.

You know you don’t have to post about every tedious thing that happens in your very tedious life and bore us with all this tedious nonsense. Tedious tedious man. Or woman.

Strange that is Luke. I watched one of your videos on YouTube only recently where you say it annoys you when truck drivers don’t thank car drivers. But it’s easier taking everyone else’s side in the forum isn’t it.