royal mail

postman pat:
This thread is supposed to be about royal mail Xmas extra work, is it not ■■?

If the moderators got their act together on this forum we wouldn’t have to put up with idiots posting totally unrelated comments like the ones you refer to. Unfortunately they dont seem to give a ■■■■ about it because it happens on a regular basis.

Sunday night shift at christmas was triple time and some shifts you sat in the canteen for 8 hours just in case somebody blobbed or another trunk needed

postman pat:
I did wonder how long it would be until these 2 ’ indefensible ’ you tube clips would be shown

Not really much to defend in all fairness.

Saaamon:

postman pat:
I did wonder how long it would be until these 2 ’ indefensible ’ you tube clips would be shown

Not really much to defend in all fairness.

you are absolutely correct, indefenisble does mean nothing to defend…

its not very often i come on here, but when i do, i normally get… good quality, senisble,information coming back to me,from knowledgeable guys who know there stuff, but on this one comment…alone…
im trying…
but failing terribly on trying to find…
anything that might possibly be…

…a senisble useful contribution to the thread…

Just a quick query on application form does it state “must be able to tailgate and pull in too quickly after overtaking?” I run to near RM Coventry everynight and have to say standard of driving at RM running in and out of Coventry that I have seen is appalling!!!

Norfolknewbie:
Just a quick query on application form does it state “must be able to tailgate and pull in too quickly after overtaking?” I run to near RM Coventry everynight and have to say standard of driving at RM running in and out of Coventry that I have seen is appalling!!!

The drivers of those vehicles may be muppets, but they’d still be muppets if they were driving a white tractor unit with a blue trailer.
Just because, they’re in a Royal Mail (this time, normally Stobarts??) truck this time, doesn’t mean all Royal Mail drivers are muppets.

There’s a lad where I work who’s a complete muppet, I’ll not list anything that he does on here, but let’s just say, if our trucks were sign written, we’d all be branded as complete tossers.
Oh, and it’s not me this time - although, I’ll admit that I’m not perfect :wink:

Winseer:
The optimum shift is 10hr55mins because you only get docked an hour for the break. 11-12 hours you get docked 1hr15mins, and 12hrs plus shift you’ll get docked 90 minutes, which is a bit sharp.

Deducting anything more than 45 mins for breaks is wrong

peirre:

Winseer:
The optimum shift is 10hr55mins because you only get docked an hour for the break. 11-12 hours you get docked 1hr15mins, and 12hrs plus shift you’ll get docked 90 minutes, which is a bit sharp.

Deducting anything for breaks is wrong

FTFY :smiley:

I didn’t make up the rules, and they’ve been in place over 5 years already.

cant see the problem …if they deduct up to 90 minutes for a break…make sure you have 90 mins of breaks…it like at a place I was at you got a 1 hr took off you ,well all that ment was instead of a 45 ,yer gonna have a 60 …

Winseer:
I didn’t make up the rules, and they’ve been in place over 5 years already.

Who made up the rule, RM or the agency?

What I posted was a true account of my experiences while driving 7.5 tonners out of Feus Road depot at Perth,I also undertook some work in Edinburgh.The agency would phone and say its quiet in Perth but do us an enormous favour and work out of Edinburgh for a few shifts we will get you Perth wok as soon as we can ,blah blah blah.The b.s. would be I arrive at 23.20 for a 23.30 start recieve a bollocking for being late and sent home.I explained that the agency told me to present myself for a 23.30 start,but not listened to.I phoned the agency and was given 4 hours pay this happened on several occassions.

peirre:

Winseer:
The optimum shift is 10hr55mins because you only get docked n hour for the break. 11-12 hours you get docked 1hr15mins, and 12hrs pus shift you’ll get docked 90 minutes, which is a bit sharp.

Deducting anything more than 45 mins for breaks is wrong

Yes Totally agree, I’m not too sure if the agency guys who work at Royal Mail, have their unpaid breaks after 45 mins or is it just RM drivers that have all the breaks unpaid ?

peirre:

Winseer:
I didn’t make up the rules, and they’ve been in place over 5 years already.[/q
uote]

It was jointly agreed by RM & the CWU, when the the PDA came in during May 07, and the hgv drivers went to monthly pay…

waynedl:

Norfolknewbie:

The drivers of those vehicles may be muppets, but they’d still be muppets if they were driving a white tractor unit with a blue trailer.
Just because, they’re in a Royal Mail (this time, normally Stobarts??) truck this time, doesn’t mean all Royal Mail drivers are muppets.

There’s a lad where I work who’s a complete muppet, I’ll not list anything that he does on here, but let’s just say, if our trucks were sign written, we’d all be branded as complete tossers.
Oh, and it’s not me this time - although, I’ll admit that I’m not perfect :wink:

I’m not perfect either - far from. And, as I pointed out in my post I didn’t say all drivers i just said those i have had experience of. What strikes me most though is if those rates are the correct rates why are they still rush, rush, rush? Nope sorry Wayne they pay top whack and still get morons - something wrong there.

And to clarify stobarts knocking I worked for them and have lots of experiences I could knock them for but do I? If I have I haven’t done it often

Norfolknewbie:

waynedl:

Norfolknewbie:

I’m not perfect either - far from. And, as I pointed out in my post I didn’t say all drivers i just said those i have had experience of. What strikes me most though is if those rates are the correct rates why are they still rush, rush, rush? Nope sorry Wayne they pay top whack and still get morons - something wrong there.

And to clarify stobarts knocking I worked for them and have lots of experiences I could knock them for but do I? If I have I haven’t done it often

I didn’t say YOU did, just that it happens.

Anything that identifies a group = that group becomes a target or at the least all represent each other.

All Stobies drivers are muppets
All RM drivers are muppets
All motorbike riders are muppets
All car drivers are muppets
All coach drivers are muppets
All taxi drivers are muppets

etc…

I must be the worst, because I’ve been all of the above :open_mouth:

…but THIS guy is the best driver of all!

kermit.jpg

waynedl:

Norfolknewbie:

waynedl:

Norfolknewbie:

I didn’t say YOU did, just that it happens.

Anything that identifies a group = that group becomes a target or at the least all represent each other.

All Stobies drivers are muppets, dont work for them
All RM drivers are muppets dont work for them
All motorbike riders are muppets, Have one of them
All car drivers are muppets , Drive a Car
All coach drivers are muppets, Drive a coach
All taxi drivers are muppets, I agree

etc…

I must be the worst, because I’ve been all of the above :open_mouth:

, Me too… I’m Stuffed too!!!

postman pat:

peirre:

Winseer:
I didn’t make up the rules, and they’ve been in place over 5 years already.[/q
uote]

It was jointly agreed by RM & the CWU, when the the PDA came in during May 07, and the hgv drivers went to monthly pay…

…What he ^^ said. As far as I know, agency drivers are docked breaks on the same rules basis.

Upto 10:59 shift legnth - 1hr
11.00-11.59 shift length - 1.15m
12hrs plus shift - 90mins.

Just to get this back on topic again…

WHAT agencies are offering WHAT wages at WHICH Royal Mail Depots around the country?

In other words, what actual shifts are available from whoever took over the contract from Manpower?

£14.54ph or whatever means little if you can’t have any of it eh?

Dunno about everyone else, but I’d quite like some of that, so someone please tell me where I can get some that’s not a helicopter journey away from me… :slight_smile: