Royal mail subbies

eagerbeaver:
Secure mail-just near Breezemount(IKEA) behind ‘The Winwick Quay’. Think im doing a shift there on Tuesday.

Can you tell im from Warrington? lol.

it’s a ■■■■ hole too :grimacing:

Leeyarnold-im gonna pm you.

Secured mail, UK mail and Whistl are all what are called downstream access customers. They collect mail in bulk from business customers and sort it out into delivery office areas. They then take the sorted mail to royal mail mail centres who then distribute it to the local delivery offices.

Thankyou

Immigrant:

leeyarnold:
Just been offered temp to perm doing mail deliveries. When I asked if it was royal mail I was told no but it’s work for royal mail. Do you know who this could be. It’s out of warrington

Pertemps or Manpower perhaps,as they work for RM what i know

100% correct immigrant, RM will use subbies at xmas peaks etc but that is all.

As mentioned earlier it turned out to be a company called secured freight

leeyarnold:
It’s for a company called secured mail. Never heard ov them.

They have a depot on the dartford crossways estate which I’ve worked out of on a single occasion.

Depot-depot trunks, and that’s about it.
I got a single run to crick and back for 8 hours flat. OK, since I could do the round trip in 6 with a break included. The crick depot looked rather run-down, and may well have closed since then. All I can see as I drive past that stretch on the M1 is a big nobbies depot in the way. It might even be what’s now the nobbies depot.

They are nothing to do with Royal Mail however. Being “secured” surely it would be inappropriate for them to not do the “last mile” themselves in their own self-employed vans?

You wouldn’t cough up fifty notes for some firm like UPS or Fedex to then use a Royal Mail puddle jumper to hand it to you on the doorstep eh?

Downstream access is only for the regular “junk” mail - not the signed-for valuable stuff is what I’m suggesting here…

Winseer:

leeyarnold:
It’s for a company called secured mail. Never heard ov them.

They have a depot on the dartford crossways estate which I’ve worked out of on a single occasion.

Depot-depot trunks, and that’s about it.
I got a single run to crick and back for 8 hours flat. OK, since I could do the round trip in 6 with a break included. The crick depot looked rather run-down, and may well have closed since then. All I can see as I drive past that stretch on the M1 is a big nobbies depot in the way. It might even be what’s now the nobbies depot.

They are nothing to do with Royal Mail however. Being “secured” surely it would be inappropriate for them to not do the “last mile” themselves in their own self-employed vans?

You wouldn’t cough up fifty notes for some firm like UPS or Fedex to then use a Royal Mail puddle jumper to hand it to you on the doorstep eh?

Downstream access is only for the regular “junk” mail - not the signed-for valuable stuff is what I’m suggesting here…

These people don’t just do Junk Mail,
UK Mail does bank statements, credit card statements, Utility Bills, Insurance Documents etc
As well as Radio Times, Catalogues, Brochures & the like

DX (stands for Document Exchange) do passports, Solicitors stuff & legal papers, they took over ICS (Insurance Courier Service) and Hays (secured mail service) - they deliver some themselves & some via Royal Mail - They bought out Nightfreight a year ago & are now signing up the vehicles with DELIVERED EXACTLY

City Link used to do a lot of Junk mail - last mile by Royal Mail
plenty of other players doing this now,

leeyarnold:
As mentioned earlier it turned out to be a company called secured freight

Is this through ‘the driving team’ agency? Seen loads of jobs advertised through them recently, anyone know what they are like?

Yes it’s the driving team

Yes that’s the one

Yes it’s the driving team

What are they like, do you know? They just seem to have popped up from nowhere.

Well it offers a guaranteed temp to perm with a guaranteed 40 hour week and here I am on day 2 sat at home with no work.

know nothing about the driving team, but normally when these ‘people’ pop up they often tend to have been previously a.n.other, let be fair we can all in recruitment advertise anything and everything without actually having a thing.

leeyarnold:
Well it offers a guaranteed temp to perm with a guaranteed 40 hour week and here I am on day 2 sat at home with no work.

how many agency’s are you signed up too

Just the one

leeyarnold:
Just the one

you might as well stay in bed all week … you need to be on 2 or 3 till you get in somewhere regular…

I was on 2. But was stupid and naive to think that ia guarantee is a guarantee