Royal mail subbies

Just been offered temp to perm doing mail deliveries. When I asked if it was royal mail I was told no but it’s work for royal mail. Do you know who this could be. It’s out of warrington

leeyarnold:
Just been offered temp to perm doing mail deliveries. When I asked if it was royal mail I was told no but it’s work for royal mail. Do you know who this could be. It’s out of warrington

didn’t think RM subbed their stuff

Me neither but she said it wasn’t for royal mail but was the same kind of thing in royal mails depots out of warrington. The ad is as follows

HGV Class 1 + Class 2 Drivers TEMP TO PERM

Job description

The Driving Team are currently looking for 4 Class 1 Drivers, and 2 Class 2 drivers for Temp to Perm contracts in Warrington.

This is a genuine full time temp to perm contract. Temporary but guaranteed hours for 13 weeks and then a permanent placement.

Duties will include delivering mail to Distribution Centres across the UK. Some local, and some long distance work. Some manual handling involved (cages).

Monday to Friday, plus odd weekend work if you want it. Days or Nights available at flexible start times.

YOU MUST HAVE:

· Valid Class 1 or Class 2 licence (C+E or C Category)

· A maximum of 6 points on your licence – no DR or IN endorsements accepted

· Digital tachograph card

· Full Drivers CPC

· Professional and committed to a full time job.

WHAT WE CAN DO FOR YOU:

· Guaranteed minimum of 40 hours per week

· Travel expenses, and daily food allowance

· Guaranteed temp to perm job

· The Driving Team uniform

· Immediate starts

· Recommend a friend bonus!

That’s the usual agency tosh fella 13 weeks they’ll drop you off at week 10 for a few days that then breaks the 13 week rule .
wouldn’t be Manpower would it .

simple thing is drive past and see who else is pulling out of there but I bet its all RM traffic ( Crown Property and all that )

It’s not manpower. I’ve just been looking on the net and found whistl ( formally tent post) has a depot in Warrington. Maybe it’s them?

leeyarnold:
It’s not manpower. I’ve just been looking on the net and found whistl ( formally tent post) has a depot in Warrington. Maybe it’s them?

Ahh TNT … I can really see RM allowing competition to work on the same site … maybe the same estate but it’ll be like having Fred’s hotdog stand selling Jill’s bacon butties out the same window … no help I know but you can be sure its just another agency scam…

I thought that but if tnt do post but don’t have post boxes how else do they collect their mail. I’m scratching my head now lol

Hermes have a gaff in warrington,they are into that line of work and ive seen alot of their trls being pulled by subbies.

leeyarnold:
I thought that but if tnt do post but don’t have post boxes how else do they collect their mail. I’m scratching my head now lol

yeah but I cant really see tnt being parked in their … and I thought TNT post was mainly junk post or alike that’s delivered into RM for house hold delivery …

I’m getting dizzy now :grimacing:

Tnt have a depot near toys r us on europa bulavard. Just round the corner. Can’t think of anyone else who does mail. I’m on there tomorrow when they send me details so I’ll let you know

Royal Mail do the ‘final mile’ so they take in loads of mail from tnt, UK mail etc. they deliver to RDCs and to the larger mail centres. Royal Mail don’t sub out at all they have more than enough drivers in their distribution network inc internal substitutes to cover absences. Warrington have quite a few hubs for the larger mail companies.

TNT Post now called Whistl.

Royal Mail Jobs, vacancies in Warrington | Indeed.co.uk
www.indeed.co.uk/Royal-Mail-jobs-in-Warrington
Jobs 1 - 10 of 64 - We are Whistl, the Royal Mail’s number one challenger and we’re making a noise in delivery! A unique opportunity available not to be missed!

So theyre making that much noise in delivery they have to use their compettitiors name to entice drivers.
Royal Mail don’t do ‘subbies’ except at Christmas and they don’t do temp to perm. They may advertise jobs which will go to current agency staff who have been with them for a long time but others have been working there on agency for 5+ years.

It’s for a company called secured mail. Never heard ov them.

leeyarnold:

secure mail out of Calver road! :grimacing:

leeyarnold:
It’s for a company called secured mail. Never heard ov them.

Stay well clear! :grimacing:

Secure mail-just near Breezemount(IKEA) behind ‘The Winwick Quay’. Think im doing a shift there on Tuesday.

Can you tell im from Warrington? lol.

leeyarnold:

Pertemps or Manpower perhaps,as they work for RM what i know

Eagerbeaver that’s the one

Neither immigrant