Route advice please

Evening all , got to go from trowbridge to Weston super mare tomorrow with. 14ft 2 artic and hardly any weight on it , there’s a few ways but was wondering which was best , if anybody can help us out , thanks in advance

mydrive.tomtom.com/

good website
put in all your details that you need… especially weight :blush: nearly went through weight limit… but Mk1 EB noticed problem as i got to junction lol

You could go A4 through Bath then go which ever way round Bristol you see fit. But I reckon you’d be as well just going up to the M4 then M5.

I really can’t believe this post ■■? Look at a map FFS.

Pat Hasler:

I give up Pat I sometimes wonder how they get to the yard in the morning or even more getting home on a Friday :unamused:

Pat Hasler:

Why would he do that? All he needs to do it put the postcode in his satnav and tell it how tall the trailer is. Will take him there no problems. Will even tell him where the fuel stations are on route and how many miles before he gets to a services for a break.

No need to be a busy fool with a map.

what a sat state of affairs when someone asks for a bit of help and gets a load of abuse , I guess these know it alls have never asks for any advice in there life :unamused: :unamused:

nick2008:

Pat Hasler:

I give up Pat I sometimes wonder how they get to the yard in the morning or even more getting home on a Friday :unamused:

To give benefit of doubt to OP, I think he has looked at map as he’s said there’s a few ways he’s seen

What would have helped his case was if he’s said I’ve looked and was thinking of going X,Y,Z roads does anyone have better suggestions etc

At least looks like they’ve tried

Though I’d only be asking for advice if I was pulling high trailer esp a DD not a 14 2!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pat Hasler:

What’s a map ■■?

Pat Hasler:

Sorry for asking advice for your info. I have looked at a map and there’s various ways to go !!! Sorry i don’t know every inch of road and every bridge height , weight limit and so on !!!

dozy:
what a sat state of affairs when someone asks for a bit of help and gets a load of abuse , I guess these know it alls have never asks for any advice in there life :unamused: :unamused:

+1 dozy , must be wrong to be driving for over 30 years and still ask advice :open_mouth: must be great to know it all :unamused:

dozy:

+1 I thought it was all about helping each other,bugger got it wrong again.

A map will show you much more detail than a sat nav, you get the “bigger picture”

God forbid when the EU turn off Galileo

Pat Hasler:

Says the driver in the States,on roads so wide and open there is nothing to worry about.

It’s one thing looking at a route on a map, but someone else will have driven that route and may be able to say it’s better to go via x y z instead.

Nothing wrong with asking for the advice of others…but then again, in your eyes maybe there is.

I’m going to Cornwall on holiday, just been to get a paper map, the sat nav will tell me how many miles it is and it will tell me exactly what time I get my first pint, the paper map will plan our itinerary.

dozy:

Agree completely dozy. Cant beat local knowledge.

sammym:

Pat Hasler:

Why would he do that? All he needs to do it put the postcode in his satnav and tell it how tall the trailer is. Will take him there no problems. Will even tell him where the fuel stations are on route and how many miles before he gets to a services for a break.

No need to be a busy fool with a map.

I think in time you will become seriously unstuck blindly following a sat nav … you won’t be such a smug ■■■■ then

Wheel Nut:
A map will show you much more detail than a sat nav, you get the “bigger picture”

Galileo isn’t operational yet is it ? anyway SatNavs use the USA military satellites … ps, first good post from Dozy imo :slight_smile:

raymundo:

Wheel Nut:

Galileo isn’t operational yet is it ? anyway SatNavs use the USA military satellites … ps, first good post from Dozy imo :slight_smile:

And if Brexit goes ahead the UK have no access to Galileo even tho we have but a shed load of money into it

Galileo is work in progress but if we Brexit and Trump gets his own way, we will be relying on maps we can eat.

Remember Trump wants a financial return on everything American. Sat Nav is free at the minute.