ross on wye cattle market

Hi Truckeygar… yes guilty as charged i do work on the tanks , back in on thursday this week ,in cafe mon… tues… and couple of hours weds evening … be nice if you could pop in and check the place out we have had a great response from guys stopping … today we had 2 drivers whos mates told them its cleaner now and they agreed , but its still a hard slog … we have just broken even with money but thats not bad i was expecting a lose !
Regards Dave … hunter40

I will spread the word , theres a few of our lads allways looking for a good hideaway :laughing: my names gary i sometimes do the shunting on the tank/distribution probally met you before . Go steady mate see you about

Just one other thing ever thought about getting a shop on site selling truck bits and pieces, cb equipment that allways attracts the drivers not many places selling that sort of stuff around here, cant think of anywhere around this area cdc shut in avonmouth now aswell .

you could try getting in touch with some of the larger hauliers in south wales as they use to do overnight c/o in there a few years ago the likes of owens and jrt

the best advertising is the same thing that killed the old place. once word gets round its a decent place to stop you’ll soon be packed out every nite

Thanks Gary , had good day there today and 11 trucks overnight … had 4 guys came as mates told them safe food again so word is spreading a bit .
Im told owens cant park there as no walking security so got to get to some depot or something in worcs area… but have had couple of them stop in for food last week … as time goes on i will try get some bits and pieces in to sell … there is a sort of display thing just inside door so got somewhere to put things … so maybe soon …lets see what father christmas brings :smiley:
Thanks for the suggestions guys all very good !
hunter40

Well i stopped for a bacon sarnie yesterday for the first time since the new owners took over and what a difference a good clean makes :smiley: :smiley: The staff were polite and the food was very good :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
Just one thing!!! can you enforce a staff dress code so the little hottie serving me yesterday just before she finished her shift finished has to wear a short skirt and a nice skimpy top to show that fine body off :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

fatty01:
Well i stopped for a bacon sarnie yesterday for the first time since the new owners took over and what a difference a good clean makes :smiley: :smiley: The staff were polite and the food was very good :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
Just one thing!!! can you enforce a staff dress code so the little hottie serving me yesterday just before she finished her shift finished has to wear a short skirt and a nice skimpy top to show that fine body off :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

maybe you should be in charge of advertising there, i know i’m going asap hmmmmm :wink: :wink: :wink:

i pass this place quite alot…untill now no ones mentioned a hotie

Hi fatty01, if u were there friday i must have just missed you , the hottie u mentioned finished early at 2pm i left 1315, i called in with my truck to see the wife and more importantly eat :smiley:
Thanks for the comment glad you enjoyed , we are trying hard to lift it all up, the bad news is the hottie kathy wont be there anymore as she just told me she has a new full time job , so im afraid its just my mrs… “tanhong” and “thereasa” when she helps out or us fellas and no way am i wearing a mini skirt … may keep shirt open a bit though :laughing:
regards hunter40

Hunter40:
Hi fatty01, if u were there friday i must have just missed you , the hottie u mentioned finished early at 2pm i left 1315, i called in with my truck to see the wife and more importantly eat :smiley:
Thanks for the comment glad you enjoyed , we are trying hard to lift it all up, the bad news is the hottie kathy wont be there anymore as she just told me she has a new full time job , so im afraid its just my mrs… “tanhong” and “thereasa” when she helps out or us fellas and no way am i wearing a mini skirt … may keep shirt open a bit though :laughing:
regards hunter40

Do they do food where the hottie tottie works? :laughing:

Hunter40:
regards hunter40

I called in aroud 1.30 and its a shame she is leaving :frowning:. You have realy made a great change to the place for the better :smiley: There is not many places local to eat so this place is a great place to stop :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

fattie01, thanks for the vote of confidence , we are still doing changes …constantly doing little jobs to improve it , hopefully got a guy coming tuesday to look at shower , another idea i have is getting a load of external ply and building double walled extensions out of existing toilet and shower , insulate between walls and make bit bigger and better , that way may be able to make ladies facilities too… so any loads of ply going give me a shout :wink:
its all just ideas at moment it will depend on cost as you never know i could be kicked out and cant afford to get in too deep just yet .
Also would like to get on with building roof cover over serving area to stop people getting wet when queing up for food and drinks … why is there only 24hrs in a day ? :smiley:

well the cold weather hit us hard , i went to cafe sunday night when i finished work to check it out and it was frozen solid ! :frowning: … the hot water boiler was a block of ice and so was pipe work to it , so i was there for 3 hours with heaters and gas on low to thaw water out , while there i made new sign up in police reflective blue stuff to put up at roundabout … not profesional but effective , next day 6 trucks came in thanks to the new truck stop sign :slight_smile: couple of lads ate my wifes home made chicken curry and loved it … made her day !
We have decided to make a change to cafe opening times … now will be 6am until 10pm this is only for the winter period , as on average we take about £20 overnight and have wages and the running cost so cheaper to close . After the winter we will go back to 24 hour opening and during summer will open 7 days … if all goes well with lease .
I have been in touch with truck and driver magazine as i believe they done bit of a story on the place some time back , i invited them to come see the difference in cleanliness etc and look at anything they wish , they have given a response and i am hopefull they will come and see us sometime soon , so far we have had only positive feed back but will welcome negative feed back to in order to improve things … Stay safe guys and ladies … hunter40

Despite the dificulties with the weather glad to hear folk are starting to pass good comments on the grub, the new opening times won;t best suit me as I work nights, but understand you must make the business viable. Will certainly give you a try Hunter if I get down that way, have also mentioned the change of ownership to a few mates who said they will give it a try if about.
Good luck, good food at a reasonable price and cleanliness will certainly bring folk back once the word gets round.

Hi Duracell , had to have a rethink on closing at night , as the lad shutting at night would be the one starting early in mornings … and not fair on him starting 6am so we are staying open now , shutting fri night , open sat, shut sundays for now … if that makes sense lol … one of the users from here came and introduced himself , “adams dad” was good to meet you , hope you enjoyed the curry sorry we were just leaving … thanks for saying hi .
regards hunter 40

is this 24 hrs a day mon -fri because i was telling everone it was…now i ve been telling everyone it isnt…so could you clarify the opening times please

Sorry clarkyboy, yes we will stick to opening at 6am monday stay open until about 10pm fri as i would have had to pay someone else to open early anyway . we will close christmas eve for 1 week then reopen and then its make or break time … sorry about the changes
regards hunter 40

thanks for clarifiyng that…we(mccarthy haulage) pass there all the time on the way upto gsk up in coleford,and on the way back up to midlewich,if we dont take a break up at gsk then we need a break around about there so i hope to see you soon

Thanks clarkyboy , i will be there thursday friday this week from 1030 am , my next days off i will be the one being nagged by the mrs :smiley: see you soon