Roping and sheeting

As of Tuesday I am on Gwynedd work which will involve roping and sheeting, I have a good idea of wa to do but as a youngen i am just after any pointers that may come in handy like always do the back sheet 1st and then over lap the front etc, any help would be appreciated

take u time mate its better to take a bit longer than to stop every ten mins tighten sheets back up.if you are usein 2 sheets back one on first.fold your sheets up properly wen finished it will save a lot of time wen u come to use them next.

Good roping and sheeting will come with experience rather than tips from a forum,once learnt it’ll never be forgotten.Hope you have a good trainer,it’s not rocket science to do,but if you take pride in your work will look excellent when mastered.Best of luck.

Can you tie ‘THE KNOT’ ?

youtube.com/watch?v=cNWELuXo_bY

It revolutionised my life when I was first shown how to do it many years ago.

Chas:
Can you tie ‘THE KNOT’ ?

I wouldn’t do it this way AT ALL!!!

Fileep:

Chas:
Can you tie ‘THE KNOT’ ?

nor me :wink:

more like this

hgvlgvtraining.co.uk/blog/20 … olly-knot/

if your going to undo the sheets prior to unloading but leave them on till the forklift arrives and its windy leave a couple of corners tied its embarassing seeing your sheets taking off across fields and compounds and you legging after them lol :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Denis F:

Fileep:

Chas:
Can you tie ‘THE KNOT’ ?

more like this

Regarding your clip Chas, I think the comments made below it say it all.

this is not a secure enough tie for a load. only appropriate for household needs, not for transportation.

zigenoony 2 years ago
What’s a good, convenient alternative?

KnottyDan 2 years ago
Stay with the figure 8. Safety ALWAYS comes before convenience mate. My brother was killed because of an unsecure load.

Prefer this myself…

youtube.com/watch?v=NuaRS_sa … re=related

pierrot 14:

Denis F:

Fileep:

Chas:
Can you tie ‘THE KNOT’ ?

more like this

this is not a secure enough tie for a load. only appropriate for household needs, not for transportation.

zigenoony 2 years ago

KnottyDan 2 years ago
Stay with the figure 8. Safety ALWAYS comes before convenience mate. My brother was killed because of an unsecure load.

I didn’t look too closely at the vid, just searched for a video demo of how to tie a lorry hitch.

I use the figure 8 method & only occassionally fall flat on my ■■■ when pulling it tight.

Apologies.

Denis F:

Fileep:

Chas:
Can you tie ‘THE KNOT’ ?

more like this

Has the cameraman got Parkinsons? Haven’t they heard of tripods? All that shaky stuff does my ■■■■ in and spoils a potentially good video. I think the content needs some work too it was a bit basic.

Chas:

pierrot 14:

Denis F:

Fileep:

Chas:
Can you tie ‘THE KNOT’ ?

more like this

zigenoony 2 years ago

KnottyDan 2 years ago

I didn’t look too closely at the vid, just searched for a video demo of how to tie a lorry hitch.

I use the figure 8 method & only occassionally fall flat on my ■■■ when pulling it tight.

Apologies.

I know exactly what you mean there :laughing:
How many times have I slipped and landed in a puddle, or fresh snow, to end up the rest of the day with a soggy derriere :blush:

Fileep:

Chas:
Can you tie ‘THE KNOT’ ?

…me neither!

Understand the content, but, what’s with the hi-viz?, they are in a secuded space, and it just makes them look like a couple of dorks.

Sapper

sapper:
Understand the content, but, what’s with the hi-viz?, they are in a secuded space, and it just makes them look like a couple of dorks.

Sapper

Sapper with you on this, mind hi-viz may be for when he falls on derriere, when that slack knot falls apart, stop someone stepping on him. As for the US of A knot tying they must cut their ropes long enough to just go over once and tie off. One of the reasons we use top loop is so you can go down one side and release all your knots just by pulling down on them