roping and sheeting

Seems not everyone was an expert, pinched from Facebook.
Steve
Probably because its a drip sheet doing what its supposed to do.

Buzzer:
Buzzer

Takeover June 1976 ,Sed Atk new in October '76 180LXB/DB6:600/Eaton 2 speed axle. This unit replaced an ERF 6 wheel flat on a lucrative twice weekly service to the Leicester and Northampton areas collecting shoe components and leather for K Shoes Kendal factories.

Geordielad:
Steve

Seriously??-fly sheet blowing so much the driver can’t see ■■■■ all in his mirrors? It looks like a ■■■■■■■ parachute……

Buzzer

andrew.s:

Geordielad:
Steve

Seriously??-fly sheet blowing so much the driver can’t see [zb] all in his mirrors? It looks like a [zb] parachute……

My mate Eric on the Octopus and trailer used to call a fly sheet “a flapper” but they never flapped much on the outfit always tight as a drum !

Seriously??-fly sheet blowing so much the driver can’t see [zb] all in his mirrors? It looks like a [zb] parachute……
Yeah, it’s easy to get a fly sheet tight on an even load but not when it’s uneven as on that ERF and most drivers didn’t rope over them back then, like he hasn’t, and the sheet billowing wouldn’t have bothered them it disperses the rain quickly as it’s supposed to do, I doubt he’d be worried about his mirrors either they weren’t that good anyway. The loads covered and dry job done. Franky.

Geordielad:
Yeah, it’s easy to get a fly sheet tight on an even load but not when it’s uneven as on that ERF and most drivers didn’t rope over them back then, like he hasn’t, and the sheet billowing wouldn’t have bothered them it disperses the rain quickly as it’s supposed to do, I doubt he’d be worried about his mirrors either they weren’t that good anyway. The loads covered and dry job done. Franky.

Good point about the mirrors being useless anyway Franky

Buzzer

Buzzer:
Buzzer

Absence of a fly sheet :open_mouth: and the sheets on the load don’t look too waterproof to me either ! :wink: :frowning: Cheers Bewick.

Bewick:

Buzzer:
Buzzer

Absence of a fly sheet :open_mouth: and the sheets on the load don’t look too waterproof to me either ! :wink: :frowning: Cheers Bewick.

I respect your well known, and much mocked sometimes, view, but I have to re-state that in all my career as driver and haulier I have never been given or have bought, a fly sheet.

And, in all those many years, have never had a load rejected, or even sanctioned, for wet damage. :smiley:

So, perhaps simply a question of buying and maintaining good kit, and treating it respectfully and with skill?

Spardo:

Bewick:

Buzzer:
Buzzer

I respect your well known, and much mocked sometimes, view, but I have to re-state that in all my career as driver and haulier I have never been given or have bought, a fly sheet.

And, in all those many years, have never had a load rejected, or even sanctioned, for wet damage. :smiley:

So, perhaps simply a question of buying and maintaining good kit, and treating it respectfully and with skill?

Well done for you Spardo as you were maybe hauling goods that didn’t require the use of a fly sheet but at Bewick Transport we did haul a lot of product that was sensitive to rain ingress no matter how small a imperforation was in a main sheet. I’d say your final comment is laughable as what you are suggesting that in the absence of fly sheets on our 150 or so flat platforms the Drivers would be required to carry a needle and thread and go over each main sheet every time they were used. But main sheets do deteriorate with use and rope “rub” so that is why we didn’t rope over fly sheets ! Cheers bewick.

Bewick:
I’d say your final comment is laughable as what you are suggesting that in the absence of fly sheets on our 150 or so flat platforms the Drivers would be required to carry a needle and thread and go over each main sheet every time they were used.

Laughable you say, I wouldn’t laugh at a driver who looked after his equipment in the proper manner. :wink: :smiley:

Buzzer

Buzzer:
Buzzer

Nothing going to get wet on that load with or without the fly sheet :smiley: Cheers Bewick

Well now, If Im allowed to say so Whats wrong with sheeting and roping with My sons work on this load, So come on and say what you think, Larry.

Lawrence Dunbar:
Well now, If Im allowed to say so Whats wrong with sheeting and roping with My sons work on this load, So come on and say what you think, Larry.

Nowt wrong with that S & R Larry only wor Nigel was probably sat in the cab playing on his device while the 'owd Man did the business :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: only joking Marra but 100% there’s nowt would get wet on that load ! Regards Dennis.

One of MAP’s euro fleet ready to exit Milan loaded with tiles for UK .

I’ll be sheeting and roping this model of a York trailer that my father owned for many years,I realise it’s not really the right section of the forum,but I can’t find the bloody model section,so it’s going in here where it might be appreciated-or not lol.