roping and sheeting

I always hated those plastic tarps! :frowning:

ok in the summer, crap in the winter also they had a smell to them…

Star down under.:
I always hated those plastic tarps! :frowning:

That green sheet on the ERF’s trailer is what we call a fly sheet SDU ! It is used to keep the load dry as the main sheets are canvas and while they are usually waterproof they do start to wear a bit with use so the fly sheet is used and this is not roped over ( well it shouldn’t be :wink: ) I once bought a near new set of plastic covered main sheets off an O/D from the village we were based in as he only used them a couple of times on the loads of asbestos sheeting he carried and they were going to be rubbed full of holes so I reckon we could use them but they weren’t too good to use in cold weather but we used them for a couple of years or so but I never ordered any from our sheet supplier ! This is a couple of shots of the sheets I’m on about on loads of reels from the paper mill we hauled from .Cheers Dennis

Thanks Dennis, these days I don’t want anything to do with them, regardless of what they’re made from! :laughing:

Bewick:

Roping over a flysheet . . . tut tut

Suedehead:

Bewick:

. A bit on the big side to be a fly sheet dont you think, :question: , Of course Bewick will know, :laughing:

Lawrence Dunbar:

Suedehead:

Bewick:

. A bit on the big side to be a fly sheet dont you think, :question: , Of course Bewick will know, :laughing:

Quite correct Larry as you I.D.'d that’s no fly sheet ! Cheers Dennis.

This is a fly sheet !

Bewick:

That tarp looks a bit threadbare, Dennis. :laughing: :wink:

Bewick:

Lawrence Dunbar:

Suedehead:

Bewick:

Quite correct Larry as you I.D.'d that’s no fly sheet ! Cheers Dennis.

Fair play, my mistake i was wrong. Still looks a tadge crepe imo, as it doesnt fully cover the load

Star down under.:

Bewick:

That tarp looks a bit threadbare, Dennis. :laughing: :wink:

G’day Mate hope you are all good and keeping well “Down under” !
I had about 10 or 12 of those nets made that were used on the bales of trim off the reels of brown paper we delivered to the box manufacturers and we had a stand trailer at each plant which were steadily loaded with bales then when they were fully loaded the next load of reels in was tipped and the m/t trailer set up to start loading bales again. Then the driver covered the 24 ton of bales with the net and the load was returned to the Mill for recycling. It was surprising how dry those nets kept the load !

andrew.s:

Good model :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

[attachment=0]FB_IMG_1680942211153.jpg[/attachmen

Seems not everyone was an expert, pinched from Facebook.

Steve

Buzzer