roping and sheeting

NO split rims there Dennis :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Bewick:

Lawrence Dunbar:

Buzzer:
Buzzer[/quot the Gardnere]. Nice shot of a nice motor, But I cant understand why it has a Gardner 120 engine, I would have thought it would have been a 150 LX At least, 1971 The Gardner 120 was a up rated 112, :question: :question: :question: , Larry.

It actually has the Gardner 100 ( 5 LW) Larry ! It is the lightweight “tapered chassis model” and I recall Gordon Plant of North Rode ran quite a number in the late 60’s/into the 70’s and ERF offered the Perkins 6:354 engine in this chassis as I remember a haulier from Milnthorpe had one and it could manage an 11 ton payload on pallets ! :wink: Cheers Dennis.

. Thank you Dennis, As you know Im Gardner man , The Fodens I had with the 150s in were great on MPG when diesel was 22p a gallon, Rock on Eh , the good old days, Regards Larry.

Comments from two ex haulage men with experience but no mention of the roping & sheeting which I thought would be approved by both of you, Buzzer

Buzzer:
Comments from two ex haulage men with experience but no mention of the roping & sheeting which I thought would be approved by both of you, Buzzer

. Your quite right, And its very good example of good work. Larry.

Buzzer:

Now then Buzzer the reason I didn’t comment and probably for the same reason Larry didn’t bother either was because that ERF was just kept as a show piece of the old original livery so the sheeting and roping will have been carefully done for the image !

Dennis one for you to peruse, Buzzer

331991706_756833535892091_335634764324638483_n.jpg

Buzzer:

A real classic job IMO, Larry.

Buzzer:

They were a tidy outfit in the day running their own fleet that one is one of their 680 Power Plus Octopus and they also ran a couple of Beaver units which may have been Two Pedal motors not just sure. That shot is showing the use of one foot wide canvas straps with a ring in each end then a length of rope for hitching down and minimising damaging the load of paper. We used to use a similar method of roping the loads of tissue we hauled out of Bowater Scott Barrow Mill particularly on the softer product.
The first time I heard the name Guard Bridge was when I worked at James Croppers mill in my early teens and one of the Paper Making machines I worked on occasionally made an order of Duplex bespoke wrapping paper for them which was MG Grey on the top of the sheet and blue on the underside. It was obviously high quality wrapper for Guard Bridge which they were unable to make for themselves as Croppers were and still are probably the finest Paper Makers in the UK ! Cheers Dennis.

Great stuff Dan, Very very neat and tidy, :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: , Larry

One off the Franie/Buxom site for Bewick, Buzzer

Buzzer:

That is a shot I took in the yard probably very early 80’s it is loaded with 22ton of Courtaulds cellulose pulp ex Portbury en route to the BCL mill in Barrow.
Here is another shot of the same unit on it’s side at Droitwich ! similar load and they were a bit top heavy so care had to be taken traversing roundabouts ! We had another one over at Lindale roundabout on the A590 this time a Big J and this unit popped it’s windscreen out nice and soft like onto the grass and we were able to refit it when the unit was repaired ! :wink: This Portbury to Barrow job was volume traffic which we hauled for many years as Subbies to Western Transport a TDG haulier which paid well and I got on well with their MD Mike Timms and his righthand man Tony Maggs.
Sorry it won’t work so you’ll just have to imagine that unit and trailer on it’s side at the A38 roundabout at Droitwich and it’s sister F10 standing by being reloaded by a F----- big crane no body hurt and the load was 100% recovered !Cheers Dennis.

Getting mixed up with the F10’s tonight ! :blush: :wink:

What as happen to the sun visor :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: top tanks nice touch needed back then

Buzzer:

ONE of the first F10s not a F88290 but a good lorry :sunglasses: :laughing:

Lance Biscomb:
What as happen to the sun visor :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: top tanks nice touch needed back then

My guess is bird strikes, they appear to be plastic. I refused to renew mine due to cost and frequency.

Buzzer

Buzzer:
Buzzer

That and a green apple would be the end of you, Buzzer. :wink:

Buzzer