roping and sheeting

Well a swamp is usually drained but it might be a shock as to how many TN members will be found in the bottom ! :blush: :open_mouth: :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

Bewick:
Well a swamp is usually drained but it might be a shock as to how many TN members will be found in the bottom ! :blush: :open_mouth: :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

:laughing: :laughing:

22892807161_f884fcdf4d_z.jpg

Star down under.:

Pass me down my drum sticks ! Sandy Nelson would have F— all on me ! :wink:

It looks like a made to measure job from Jacksons The Tailors, Or The 50 Shilling Tailors in the good old days :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: .

Bewick:

Star down under.:

Hiya,
I’m just glad he doesn’t do suits they’d have you singing soprano,
bit more slack in the nether region if you please.

harry_gill:

Bewick:

Star down under.:

Hiya,

Your age is showing Dennis , sandy nelson “let there be drums “, and yes I’m that old as well . Joined the trucknet octogenarians club in november .

rigsby:

harry_gill:

Bewick:

Star down under.:

Hiya,

Your age is showing Dennis , sandy nelson “let there be drums “, and yes I’m that old as well . Joined the trucknet octogenarians club in november .

I’m nowt but a lad compared to you Dave ! :wink: So what is it like becoming a miserable 'owd git ? Anne reckons I’m one already but I tell her I’m not 'cause I’ve a few more years to go before I’m as old as some of my mates on TN ! :open_mouth: :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: Cheers Dennis PS and remember Dave only the good die young so you have plenty good years in fron’t of you yet ! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Tidy but marks deducted by Dennis for roping over the fly sheet :smiley:

Suedehead:
Tidy but marks deducted by Dennis for roping over the fly sheet :smiley:

I like the look of the Big J because the driver has obviously taken pride in his unit ! But the S & R is ■■■■■ and if a BTS Shunter had done that he would have prematurely curtailed his future employment prospects at BTS ! :blush: :open_mouth: :wink:

Buzzer

Buzzer:
Buzzer

Well Buzzer that load of newsprint 3 high would be totally out of order in todays H & S world ! As it would be now loaded “end on” and split between 2 eight wheelers so so much for modern day economics ! The old Bowater and Reed Lads will be turning in their graves as three high "on the roll " never killed anybody ! Cheers Dennis.

1971 shot of a York 40 FT SL standing in the Mill with a mixed load of paper for the London area.

Bewick:
1971 shot of a York 40 FT SL standing in the Mill with a mixed load of paper for the London area.

You need to get a patch on that fly sheet hole Dennis!

David

5thwheel:

Bewick:

David

I can assure you David that the black dot was a blemish on the photo and non of the consignment got wet or damaged during the journey to London :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :wink: Still as observant as ever David ! :unamused: :sunglasses: I trust you and yours are all well ! Regards Dennis.

Bewick:

5thwheel:

Bewick:

David

I can assure you David that the black dot was a blemish on the photo and non of the consignment got wet or damaged during the journey to London :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :wink: Still as observant as ever David ! :unamused: :sunglasses: I trust you and yours are all well ! Regards Dennis.

Yes I realized that Dennis,just kidding.

Me and her indoors are faring up well thanks,lovely days here in the sunny afternoons but the evenings are chilly,so the log burner gets lit before the central heating comes on at 8.00PM.

Trust you and yours are fettling well too!

David

Buzzer

Buzzer:
Buzzer[/quot the Gardnere]. Nice shot of a nice motor, But I cant understand why it has a Gardner 120 engine, I would have thought it would have been a 150 LX At least, 1971 The Gardner 120 was a up rated 112, :question: :question: :question: , Larry.

Lawrence Dunbar:

Buzzer:
Buzzer[/quot the Gardnere]. Nice shot of a nice motor, But I cant understand why it has a Gardner 120 engine, I would have thought it would have been a 150 LX At least, 1971 The Gardner 120 was a up rated 112, :question: :question: :question: , Larry.

It actually has the Gardner 100 ( 5 LW) Larry ! It is the lightweight “tapered chassis model” and I recall Gordon Plant of North Rode ran quite a number in the late 60’s/into the 70’s and ERF offered the Perkins 6:354 engine in this chassis as I remember a haulier from Milnthorpe had one and it could manage an 11 ton payload on pallets ! :wink: Cheers Dennis.