roping and sheeting

How they do it on other continents. The title is ‘Great Skills’, I think it would be better to say ‘the content of this video may offend some people’. :laughing: :laughing:

youtu.be/gX9mBtl1ZWg

I thought a very good video ,it shows all drivers are the same where ever they are he knew his job and his missus ,doubt mine would have helped me all light sheets like polythene not like our old sheets ,and the rear was not correct however well covered .and neat hitching?
how long is the trailer he would have got a job on BRS.OR ANY TRAMPING GENERAL HAULAGE FIRM.DBP.

Spardo:
How they do it on other continents. The title is ‘Great Skills’, I think it would be better to say ‘the content of this video may offend some people’. :laughing: :laughing:

youtu.be/gX9mBtl1ZWg

What an abomination, I’ll stick to helping Harry.

Star down under.:

Spardo:

youtu.be/gX9mBtl1ZWg

What an abomination, I’ll stick to helping Harry.

Me too. :laughing:

BTW did you see the first comment below the vid, the one made just before I posted the link? :wink:

The trailer was supposed to be 20 metres and normally on machinery movements, so perhaps I could have cut him, and his missus, some slack. Oh, he had plenty of that already though. :laughing:

It was like watching a Benny Hill comedy :wink: What a F---- mess but I reckon his wife was a better hand than the Driver, she seemed to have more about her but all in all what a shambles so I’m off into the wood to cut 'me throat ! :wink:

Bewick:
It was like watching a Benny Hill comedy :wink: What a F---- mess but I reckon his wife was a better hand than the Driver, she seemed to have more about her but all in all what a shambles so I’m off into the wood to cut 'me throat ! :wink:

I agree with you Dennis, Take me drunk, I`m home. Cheers, Ray.

Well I sheeted and roped lots of wagons and trailers, And I did it the way I was showed in the 50s, Now I know a lot of you dont agree with it , But what you see is what you get, And :blush: if you dont like what you see, Tuff Tittie, I never ever once had a wet load or a insecure load, So I must be one of the lucky ones in my aging years, Along with my old pal Jimmy Blackburn whom I worked with 60 years ago at Smiles for Miles.

Lawrence Dunbar:
0Well I sheeted and roped lots of wagons and trailers, And I did it the way I was showed in the 50s, Now I know a lot of you dont agree with it , But what you see is what you get, And :blush: if you dont like what you see, Tuff Tittie, I never ever once had a wet load or a insecure load, So I must be one of the lucky ones in my aging years, Along with my old pal Jimmy Blackburn whom I worked with 60 years ago at Smiles for Miles.

Don’t sell yourself short Larry it was nowt to do wi luck it was a case of you knew how to do the job ----- properly ! :wink: All the best Dennis.

Bewick:

Hiya,
He might be wearing the union flag on his person but his r & s
qualities certainly aren’t up to our standards and no doubt he
will quickly be tipped most likely at the first roundabout or a
sharp bend he encounters whichever comes first.

harry_gill:

Bewick:

Hiya,

I understand he was only shunting around the site from one warehouse to another 300 yards away “H” :wink: Cheers Dennis.

scan0191.jpg

scan0192.jpg

Shots of the cake at the 50th Birthday party( and the man himself) of a top Bewick driver, Duncan McMinn, in the very early 80’s at The ■■■■ & Dolphin in Kendal ! The sentiment was well meant but the content left a bit to be desired but it was a great night all the same ! Cheers Bewick

Bewick:

Hi Dennis, Its all a long time ago, And how things have changed over the years, But I enjoyed the old days starting in the 50s and working hard to make good money, And having some good mates who sadley a lot of them have passed away, So I will toast your good health to you and your good lady with a very large Glenmornangie, , Larry & The Dunbar Family.

Bewick:

harry_gill:

Bewick:

Hiya,

I understand he was only shunting around the site from one warehouse to another 300 yards away “H” :wink: Cheers Dennis.

Hiya,
Only 300 yards Eh’ Dennis I could do that with a sack barrow
and save you a few bob in diesel Er’you’ll need to find me a
another job after breakfast, and nowt to do with Scania 80s.

You didn’t see any of those on a windy day at Hull Docks and I think that Harry may have found his new ‘trailer assistant’, but can she cook. :confused:

:question: :question: :question: :question: :question: :question: :question: :question: :question: :question: :question: :question: :question: :question: :question: :question: :neutral_face:

mushroomman:
You didn’t see any of those on a windy day at Hull Docks and I think that Harry may have found his new ‘trailer assistant’, but can she cook. :confused:

mushroomman:

Only fly lice and cully prawn. :wink:

Lawrence Dunbar:
:?: :question: :question: :question: :question: :question: :question: :question: :question: :question: :question: :question: :question: :question: :question: :question: :neutral_face:

mushroomman:

Hi Larry, I just had a flashback of seeing somebodies sheet blowing into the King George 5th Dock in Hull many years ago.

I hope this helps. :wink:

Seen in Lockerbie this morning :laughing:

Nmp