roping and sheeting

m.a.n rules:

dave docwra:

m.a.n rules:

ERF-NGC-European:

is there a point to that picture…■■

Of course there is, Sorry but maybe you need to check what thread you are viewing before commenting.

SO what is the point. apart from blowing smoke up bewick’s arse… :unamused: :bulb:

Obviously the comment of a “non handler” :unamused: :open_mouth: :wink: cheers bewick !

m.a.n rules:

dave docwra:

m.a.n rules:

ERF-NGC-European:

is there a point to that picture…■■

Of course there is, Sorry but maybe you need to check what thread you are viewing before commenting.

SO what is the point. apart from blowing smoke up bewick’s arse… :unamused: :bulb:

Is Bewicks arse a location, Not everyone see’s every picture and every post & may have an interest in such a post, others may not and just scroll on by.

Hiya,
Dennis where’s that Tincania 80 thing let me get “the flock
outta here”.

Hiya,
outta here”.

Hiya,
outta here”.

harry_gill:
Hiya,
outta here”.

Hiya H hope you are keeping well mate ! I reckon that you have had enough ragging about those Scania 80/81 thingys so I think you deserve a bit promotion like so how about this Renault Magnum ? I reckon that if you were sat behind the wheel of this girl you’d feel like " a dog with a belly full of pish and a street full of lamp posts" eh! Oh ! and I think I could get a couple of the Lads to give you a leg up into the cab but it might be a bit dodgy for you to climb down at the first cafe you pulled onto eh ! :wink: Look after yourself Kind Regards Dennis.

Bewick:

harry_gill:
Hiya,
outta here”.

Hiya H hope you are keeping well mate ! I reckon that you have had enough ragging about those Scania 80/81 thingys so I think you deserve a bit promotion like so how about this Renault Magnum ? I reckon that if you were sat behind the wheel of this girl you’d feel like " a dog with a belly full of pish and a street full of lamp posts" eh! Oh ! and I think I could get a couple of the Lads to give you a leg up into the cab but it might be a bit dodgy for you to climb down at the first cafe you pulled onto eh ! :wink: Look after yourself Kind Regards Dennis.

Have never driven one Dennis but no doubt a pleasant experience
as for climbing down from the cab, I was one of lifes jumpers and
do have the knackered knees that go with the practice, do they
come with a parachute ? What time in the morning ?.

Best picture you’ve ever posted Bewick, though I think that one preceded the name Magnum. Also the best cab that I have ever had in a long career and I do have a long list of favourites. Except for that awful ‘bang across the box range change’ of a ZF gearbox which gave me tennis elbow. :laughing:

We had them as Mack Magnums, available with ■■■■■■■ Signature or Mack 454 engines.

Star down under.:
We had them as Mack Magnums, available with ■■■■■■■ Signature or Mack 454 engines.

Yes, I’ve seen a few like that in France but always assumed it was the driver who had made the change. When they first came out they were badged as AEs, as in Bewick’s picture. Not sure what engine mine had at Gauthier’s but I was told it was a Mack.

I have always considered the Magnum to be the dogs doo dahs as far as looks go,never driven one so can’t comment further.

David

The last Magnum I drove was on a 51 plate. It had the 440 Mack in it and the double-H slap-through 16sp ZF. In contrast, the first Magnum I drove had a Renault 420 and a ZF four-over-four range-change and splitter 16-sp which was better IMHO but still a nuisance because you still had to slap it across (to the end of its travel) to engage the upper or lower range. No fan of ZF, me! :laughing:

Otherwise, the Magnum was a good tool.

ERF-NGC-European:
The last Magnum I drove was on a 51 plate. It had the 440 Mack in it and the double-H slap-through 16sp ZF. In contrast, the first Magnum I drove had a Renault 420 and a ZF four-over-four range-change and splitter 16-sp which was better IMHO but still a nuisance because you still had to slap it across (to the end of its travel) to engage the upper or lower range. No fan of ZF, me! :laughing:

Definitely no fan of the ZF me either, I had acute pain in the right elbow for some time after taking the Magnum over soon after I joined Gauthier. But the cab was a dream compared to what went before, when I went to England with it was able to walk across the cab instead of walking round it to pay the toll at Dartford. Same at entering Covent Garden, but needn’t have bothered, I was told it was free for me, why, I never knew. :laughing: No curtains, just blinds, and the windscreen one could cut out the lowest evening sun when heading west, with a little stop that had to be overridden in order not to go too far when driving. :laughing:

OH, and BTW, to get the thread back on track, although Gauthier had a flat trailer parked in the yard I never saw it used and so missed the chance to show all my French mates how to rope and sheet. :wink: The only use it had for me was to allow my nervous Greyhound, Lira, to walk out of the cab onto it, and then to the back where she finally trusted me to lift her down. :laughing:

We would have had an 18 speed Road Ranger option, at least on the ■■■■■■■■ The Mack motor may have run through a Mack 18 speed.

Star down under.:
We would have had an 18 speed Road Ranger option, at least on the ■■■■■■■■ The Mack motor may have run through a Mack 18 speed.

Yes, sorry, 18sp ZF. Mind you, I’d much rather have the Fuller 18sp with the ■■■■■■■■ :sunglasses:

Spardo:

ERF-NGC-European:

Definitely no fan of the ZF me either, I had acute pain in the right elbow for some time after taking the Magnum over soon after I joined Gauthier. But the cab was a dream compared to what went before, when I went to England with it was able to walk across the cab instead of walking round it to pay the toll at Dartford. Same at entering Covent Garden, but needn’t have bothered, I was told it was free for me, why, I never knew. :laughing: No curtains, just blinds, and the windscreen one could cut out the lowest evening sun when heading west, with a little stop that had to be overridden in order not to go too far when driving. :laughing:

OH, and BTW, to get the thread back on track, although Gauthier had a flat trailer parked in the yard I never saw it used and so missed the chance to show all my French mates how to rope and sheet. :wink: The only use it had for me was to allow my nervous Greyhound, Lira, to walk out of the cab onto it, and then to the back where she finally trusted me to lift her down. :laughing:

Worst gearbox ever imo.

ERF-NGC-European:

Star down under.:

Yes, sorry, 18sp ZF. Mind you, I’d much rather have the Fuller 18sp with the ■■■■■■■■ :sunglasses:

18sp Renault

V8Lenny:

ERF-NGC-European:

Star down under.:

18sp Renault

By jove yes, you’re right. I had forgotten Renault had their own box. And am I right in remembering that the four-over-four earlier 'box (I described up the page) was also a Renault 'box.

I once sat and got tiddly with a Romanian driver who subbied for Breda Transport. We were both off duty in Holland and it was freezing. We sat in the cab of his Romanian DAC which had a Renault lump and that same four-over-four range-change 'box.

The ZF range change I had in the 320 V10 LPS Merc predated the slap over and to my mind was a lovely box - the slapover ruined it

whisperingsmith:
The ZF range change I had in the 320 V10 LPS Merc predated the slap over and to my mind was a lovely box - the slapover ruined it

Was that one of twin turbo ones?
I never had one, but seem to remember they had a switch under the throttle to turn on second turbo?
(And speed up the fuel lift-pump! :smiley: )