roping and sheeting

Buzzer:
Another neat job Dennis, Buzzer

Seen this shot before John but that is some width of fly sheet far wider than we used at BTS but for sure nowt would get wet on that Bowker load ! :wink:

Bewick:

Buzzer:

Seen this shot before John but that is some width of fly sheet far wider than we used at BTS but for sure nowt would get wet on that Bowker load ! :wink:

That load tapers in quite a bit Dennis,perhaps 2/3ft each side.

David

5thwheel:

Bewick:

Buzzer:

David

Wouldn’t fancy running at 38t with an F7.

5thwheel:

Bewick:

Buzzer:

David

By the looks of it David I would say it is loaded with paper and the reels are probably around 2 metres wide so they could be the shiny mag stuff which is extremely heavy because it is smooth and wound tight ! Just my idea but Chris " 240 Gardner" may come on the thread and be able to tell us exactly ! :wink: Cheers Dennis.

I don’t rate the Russians attempt at R & S,the flipping thing is only secured by a single rope!

5thwheel:
I don’t rate the Russians attempt at R & S,the flipping thing is only secured by a single rope!

Ah but you’re fogetting the triple dolly by the female yard shunter on the nearside. :laughing:

Saw this the afternoon on the way back from delivering the son to the airport and thought, bet that’s not one of Bewick’s. :laughing:

Looks even worse with a double click. :unamused:

Looks like another thread is being turned into a joke ! :frowning:

Bewick:

Shame you can’t take one. It was meant as a compliment, I should have known better. If the cap fits… :laughing:

Hi new member here, I started driving HGV’s in 1966 when I was 21. No training just learned from the old timers. First lesson tie your folded tarps to the back of the tray, as the truck is loaded from the headboard (to prevent movement when breaking) throw the folded tarp onto the load, roll it out from the tray and start to unfold. Just thought I would share.

Bob Christopherson:
Hi new member here, I started driving HGV’s in 1966 when I was 21. No training just learned from the old timers. First lesson tie your folded tarps to the back of the tray, as the truck is loaded from the headboard (to prevent movement when breaking) throw the folded tarp onto the load, roll it out from the tray and start to unfold. Just thought I would share.

Welcome Bob, from Oz? Whereabouts? :wink: :smiley:

Hi David, Aspendale Gardens Victoria

Bob Christopherson:

Oh right, I lived in several places, NT then NSW and Qld., but sorry to say that I skedadalled out of Vic very quickly when I turned a corner in Melbourne and was almost cut in half by a bitter blast of wind direct from the South Pole. :laughing:

Bewick:

Lighten up Dennis.

David

Spardo:

Bob Christopherson:

Oh right, I lived in several places, NT then NSW and Qld., but sorry to say that I skedadalled out of Vic very quickly when I turned a corner in Melbourne and was almost cut in half by a bitter blast of wind direct from the South Pole. :laughing:

Should have hung around another ten minutes, David, the weather would have changed. :wink:

I’ll be the first to admit I wasn’t a natural at sheeting, I could do a passable job if I took my time but was always envious of you guys that could make a neat job look easy. And as the old saying goes ‘wish I had a dollar’ for every time I’ve re-sheeted a load at home on a Saturday morning so it would look good for Monday. I worked for R Durham for a little while and they had some sheets that weren’t canvas but some sort of rubber type material. They weren’t fly sheets but you couldn’t put a crease in them like canvas so made me work harder at getting a neat sheeted load.

Thank goodness there were no camera phones back then.

Star down under.:

Spardo:

Bob Christopherson:

Should have hung around another ten minutes, David, the weather would have changed. :wink:

So I’ve been told, many times. :laughing: I was on my way to the offices of a bloke I met on the journey from Europe, but turned straight round and headed to the station to book the Aurora night sleeper to Sydney.

I did venture south again on a round trip with another mate through western NSW then down into Vic where we were due to stay with his parents. Melbourne was ok but his parents did not like my beard and casual attire so did not stay long. He was very stressed about it. I always thought that it was Poms who were uptight about such things, but posh Aussies blew that idea away. :laughing: :laughing:

5thwheel:

Bewick:

Lighten up Dennis.

David

Now come on David you as much as anyone on the TN site know that I’m in no way devoid of a sense of humour i.e. SOM 8LXB’s mixed up with AEC 505’s etc ! at the time I did think I had over done it and you might have "taken a Powder " :frowning: :wink:
Anyway my comment has nowt to do with my sense of humour it was just a straight comment about infecting a sensible thread with foreign garbage that has no relevance to what the thread is about period ! And while I’m on the Big J 8LXB photo search seems to have died a death so I will take it that the file is closed ! :wink:
All the best and keep cool !!
Dennis.

Sorry Dennis, I’ll drag it back on track.

Star down under.:
Sorry Dennis, I’ll drag it back on track.

no need to apoligise to the miserable old git Sd u… , he posts repetitve photos of his trailers ROPED AND SHEETED time after time and most are of average standard… :unamused:
keep the aussie content coming, i for one like it mate… :wink: