roping and sheeting

Bewick:

coomsey:
Tidy NMP off FB

No “coomsey” sorry to disagree with you but if you had looked very closely, although it was “first glance for me” you will clearly observe that whoever sheeted that 8 wheeler put the front sheet on first ( Oh! dear it’s not long enough!) then stuck a sheet on the back end !! Yea it looks very tidy standing stationary but I wont comment on when it starts travelling forward even at 24 mph ( BRS union average speed :unamused: ) But then again what could you expect from the Muppets at BRS ! :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :wink: Bewick

So it is Dennis ,even I knew back sheet first, maybe if he netted it n took his time ? :unamused:

coomsey:

Bewick:

coomsey:
Tidy NMP off FB

No “coomsey” sorry to disagree with you but if you had looked very closely, although it was “first glance for me” you will clearly observe that whoever sheeted that 8 wheeler put the front sheet on first ( Oh! dear it’s not long enough!) then stuck a sheet on the back end !! Yea it looks very tidy standing stationary but I wont comment on when it starts travelling forward even at 24 mph ( BRS union average speed :unamused: ) But then again what could you expect from the Muppets at BRS ! :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :wink: Bewick

So it is Dennis ,even I knew back sheet first, maybe if he netted it n took his time ? :unamused:

The same thing happened only once in our yard at Milnthorpe “coomsey” when we gave a start to a young Lad who reckoned he was “experienced” at S & R so we said go on then sheet that load of Libbys that had just come out of the factory ! We left him to it and sure enough he had put the fron’t sheet on first ! BUT ---- when I asked him if it was intended the artic would have to “reverse” to London he still maintained that he had sheeted the load correctly !! Needless to say we gave him a thorough instruction over the next couple of months working with our Shunters loading 12 & 15 trailers a day ! Believe you me he was absolutely knackered after the first week but it did him a power of good and he was soon off “down the road” fully trained !! PS an amusing aside to this tale was this young fella’s girl friend complained to one of our Drivers that he was unable to “perform” for the first couple of weeks he was " on the job " with our shunters as he was just crashing out into bed every night whacked !! I kid you not !! Cheers Bewick.

Bewick:

coomsey:

Bewick:

coomsey:
Tidy NMP off FB

The same thing happened only once in our yard at Milnthorpe “coomsey” when we gave a start to a young Lad who reckoned he was “experienced” at S & R so we said go on then sheet that load of Libbys that had just come out of the factory ! We left him to it and sure enough he had put the fron’t sheet on first ! BUT ---- when I asked him if it was intended the artic would have to “reverse” to London he still maintained that he had sheeted the load correctly !! Needless to say we gave him a thorough instruction over the next couple of months working with our Shunters loading 12 & 15 trailers a day ! Believe you me he was absolutely knackered after the first week but it did him a power of good and he was soon off “down the road” fully trained !! PS an amusing aside to this tale was this young fella’s girl friend complained to one of our Drivers that he was unable to “perform” for the first couple of weeks he was " on the job " with our shunters as he was just crashing out into bed every night whacked !! I kid you not !! Cheers Bewick.

:smiley: glad I were on tippers if r n s had that effect on you,wonder if the birth rate went up with the advent of curtainsiders ?

Good enough Dennis?

Star down under.:
Good enough Dennis?

Come on “SDU” that’s a painting Mate albeit a very good one ! :unamused: :wink: Cheers Dennis.

I thought it was a damned good effort, tarping a load of glider fuel. :laughing:
It’s actually a restored, show truck and trailer, sans load. The gates make it a nice square shape to tarp. The tarp is new, so it is also square and not stretched out of shape. The bloke/s who did the job, were not having to perform under the pressures of a work environment. :grimacing:

Aussie trucks from the 1980s, some sheeted loads.
youtube.com/watch?v=nl7KRT0XUTQ
Oily

Lawrence Dunbar:

Questions Larry ! Was the motor classed as an Albion Clydesdale ? and what was it’s spec Leyland 401/6 speed box and either an Albion axle or maybe an Eaton 2 speed ? What sort of pay load could you manage to get on ? Cheers Dennis.

Hi Dennis, It was a Leyland and had a 400 engine with a 6 speed box, Plus a 11 Tonne pay load, I made it into a tipper and it had a 10.75.

Lawrence Dunbar:
Hi Dennis, It was a Leyland and had a 400 engine with a 6 speed box, Plus a 11 Tonne pay load, I made it into a tipper and it had a 10.75.

Payload It was a great bit of gear, I ran it for quite some time then some one stole it it and I never saw it again, Larry.

Lawrence Dunbar:

Did do the chassis shortening yourself Larry ?

Yes It was very easy because there were bolt holes in the chassis, So all we had to do was move the axle forward and use what we cut off to flitch where the springs had been moved to, Very simple conversion, Then to the testing station for a notifiable check, Passed no bother, Then straight out to work, We used the Thynne tipper body that we took off the Dodge we had, Hope you are keeping well, Larry.

Lawrence Dunbar:
Yes It was very easy because there were bolt holes in the chassis, So all we had to do was move the axle forward and use what we cut off to flitch where the springs had been moved to, Very simple conversion, Then to the testing station for a notifiable check, Passed no bother, Then straight out to work, We used the Thynne tipper body that we took off the Dodge we had, Hope you are keeping well, Larry.

Thanks for the info Larry it was handy that the chassis was already pre drilled for a shorter wheel base ! Thanks we are both OK and i trust you and yours are the same . Regards Dennis.

Some pretty innovative tarping solutions here, and let’s not get too ■■■■ over which side of the road to use.
youtu.be/8l_Bq38jO74

I saw this somewhere yesterday :laughing:

Nice one Dennis! That’s a fair size tank on her! NMP off FB

coomsey:

It was two tanks “coomsey” the standard 40 gal and I fitted an extra 20 gal behind ! Cheers Dennis.

Bewick:

coomsey:

It was two tanks “coomsey” the standard 40 gal and I fitted an extra 20 gal behind ! Cheers Dennis.

Good few miles then Dennis ? I only drove one, for my test. I would imagine they weren’t a bad bit of kit for the driver n gaffer . But we all wanted the big boys with our arms out the window . Cheers coomsey

Nmp

15B2B170-B2C3-4992-B357-47EE5B99BD11.jpeg