roping and sheeting

harry_gill:

Bewick:

Hiya,
A pleasure to be stuck behind in traffic Eh’ Dennis, but show the
lad who loaded the third one along how to make a “pigs ear” to
pull that bit of slack out of the last bit, he’ll learn.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Bewick:

Punchy Dan:
Better hope the Dvsa don’t stop it Denzil or a fine would be issued for load above headboard height :open_mouth: yea haa :wink:

Aye OK Dan’l but jealousy will get you no where ! :blush: But I doubt that you and the “Foden” could have even tackled that job unless the Customer was in no hurry and he didn’t mind some of the logs cut in half so you could load them. ! So just answer me this as it seems that you are talking through what you sit on ! as how come all the shots that the “Oil reader” puts on of the many Scots hauliers carrying round timber without having headboards you don’t get on board those shots quoting the VOSA bollox ? And that shot on P737 of those few bits of timber in the back of the Foden well I rest my case ! the word “messer” comes to mind looking at that shot ! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

:unamused:

Bewick:

Hiya,
In the words of Mr Punch, “thats the way to do it”.

harry_gill:

Bewick:

Hiya,
In the words of Mr Punch, “thats the way to do it”.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

Punchy Dan:

Bewick:

Punchy Dan:
Better hope the Dvsa don’t stop it Denzil or a fine would be issued for load above headboard height :open_mouth: yea haa :wink:

Aye OK Dan’l but jealousy will get you no where ! :blush: But I doubt that you and the “Foden” could have even tackled that job unless the Customer was in no hurry and he didn’t mind some of the logs cut in half so you could load them. ! So just answer me this as it seems that you are talking through what you sit on ! as how come all the shots that the “Oil reader” puts on of the many Scots hauliers carrying round timber without having headboards you don’t get on board those shots quoting the VOSA bollox ? And that shot on P737 of those few bits of timber in the back of the Foden well I rest my case ! the word “messer” comes to mind looking at that shot ! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

:unamused:

Well you had better tell the Scots Timber Hauliers Dan’l wonder if they will listen ? Cheers Denz’l

Just posted these on Past and Present more suited on here, Fergusons loaded with fish feed not a strap in sight May 2021 A82 at Tyndrum.
Oily

Looks good to me but then I was a tipper man NMP off FB

This may have been on before but came across it in an old file …takes me back to my days

scan0128.jpg

backsplice:
This may have been on before but came across it in an old file …takes me back to my days

No front bumber?

Pleased to see the old boy has put the back sheet on first. I remember laughing seeing the ‘jet engine intakes’ coming towards me sometimes. :laughing: :laughing:

I reckon the Allison AEC was brand new and was loading in Dundee ready for the run down to it’s new home in London ! IIRC Allisons ran their AEC’s without bumpers probably to save weight. Cheers Bewick.

Looks like your right Dennis, NMP’s.Les.

les-p:
Looks like your right Dennis, NMP’s.Les.

Thanks for the confirmation Les so my age old photographic memory is still working ------- now then what did I have for tea yesterday Doh! F---- Blanko !!! :wink: Cheers Dennis. PS The bloke stood at the side of the shot in the trilby was Allisons London manager obviously a warm office Walla judging by his overcoat !! I bet he shot back into the Warm once the shot was taken ! :wink:

Bewick:
I reckon the Allison AEC was brand new and was loading in Dundee ready for the run down to it’s new home in London ! IIRC Allisons ran their AEC’s without bumpers probably to save weight. Cheers Bewick.

Maybe to compensate for the size of the fuel tank.
Noticed one of the wipers is missing, another weight saving measure ?

Suedehead:

Bewick:

Maybe to compensate for the size of the fuel tank

It looks like a Leyland Motors fuel tank to me judging by the filler cap ! Cheers Dennis.

I had a Mandator for a while there too…a great machine except the ratchet handbrake used to catch the arse of my bib and brace when sliding out the cab
anyway the 8 wheeler Foden loaded with sheet steel from Gartcosh is definitely Arthur Smith (AFFA FAE FAFFA ) it was his pride and joy then you never saw him "doon the road "
with sheets flapping looking like a Spanish galleon …I,ve been away for 40 odd years now but last heard he was with Gibbs of Fraserburgh

Allisons was a great mob I learned the ropes there from a great old fashioned gang of "Carters " ( 1964/1971)

Stanfield:

Driven by Colin “Chuffer” Ellis a long serving Bewick driver loaded with 24 ton of high quality glossy mag paper en route to Manachester. We ran quite a number of P cab 112’s which gave excellent service. Cheers Dennis.

Bet he was ready for a sit down after sheeting that up. NMP off FB