roping and sheeting

Star down under.:
Cheers Dig. When I put mine to work for Big Hungry Pricks, they gave us a 4 litre tin of the cheapest enamel available.

I know who you mean, but I hadn’t heard that interpretation before. :laughing: :laughing:

Spardo:

Star down under.:
Cheers Dig. When I put mine to work for Big Hungry Pricks, they gave us a 4 litre tin of the cheapest enamel available.

I know who you mean, but I hadn’t heard that interpretation before. :laughing: :laughing:

My translation, after a year of empty promises and lies, David.

Star down under.:

Spardo:

Star down under.:

My translation, after a year of empty promises and lies, David.

I thought it sounded personal. :wink: :laughing:

Punchy Dan:

A nice neat load Dan, and I can see that the pallets are safely secured with straps for each pair but can you tell me the reason for the rope cross at the back? If it is, as used to be the case in pre-strap days, to prevent the rear pallets shifting back, or to tighten up the sheet onto the load, as opposed to the pallets, why are those crosses not taken around the corner to really prevent flappage or ballooning? :confused: :slight_smile:

Spardo:

Punchy Dan:

A nice neat load Dan, and I can see that the pallets are safely secured with straps for each pair but can you tell me the reason for the rope cross at the back? If it is, as used to be the case in pre-strap days, to prevent the rear pallets shifting back, or to tighten up the sheet onto the load, as opposed to the pallets, why are those crosses not taken around the corner to really prevent flappage or ballooning? :confused: :slight_smile:

……or even a Scotch Cross David?

David

5thwheel:

Spardo:

Punchy Dan:

David

Yes, but that was only for any ‘leftovers’, wasn’t it? Plus, if there was still some left, across the bottom of the load just for good measure. :smiley:

5thwheel:

Spardo:

Punchy Dan:

David

Like this ? :wink:

C701299A-11FE-4F4E-9E1F-1A959143F85B.jpeg

The product in bags tips of the pallets / forklift on a level yard some curtain side drivers get to the destination and it looks like a bomb has gone off in the back :open_mouth: so they got me in with my Bewick training cert of roping :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Punchy Dan:

5thwheel:

Spardo:

Punchy Dan:

David

Like this ? :wink:

That’s the way to do it. :smiley: But, and not sure if you had enough left over, a Scotch Cross would have looped from one of your rear hooks over where the 2 diagonals crossed high on the load and then tensioned down with a dolly to the other rear hook, thus putting the final tighteners on the original cross. :wink:

Not essential, though a useful way to use up leftover rope. But as I said, a nice neat load Dan. :smiley:

Thank you load was like carrying a sponge :unamused:

3CCD4168-AF73-4863-AA24-8D83B14A6733.jpeg

You, and I suppose everybody else these days Dan, have a huge advantage over the straps that I bought for my wagons back in the 70s. Ours did not have those hooks that you slip under the chock rails, instead they had triangular rings to slip over rope hooks. We didn’t actually lose any hooks but looking back remembering the tension we put on them with certain loads I think we were very lucky. I don’t know if hooks were available with those early straps or if we took a conscious not to have them but if so, I have no idea why.

Nicely secured either way Dan!

David

Bewick:

Hiya,
A canny row of very tidy arse ends there Dennis nice to see.

harry_gill:

Bewick:

Hiya,

Thanks for the kind compliment “H” anyway Mate enough of the B.S. !!! :wink: :sunglasses: How are you keeping with all this Corvid bollox that is plaguing our lives ? OK I trust ! And I can report that Anne and I were in Lancaster last week and we ran out to Morecambe to buy some bedding plants in the market and as we were travelling on the the opposite side of the Lune I commented that the “slanty little cottage” was still there on St Georges Quay and I wondered how my old pal “H” would be doing !! So I will tell Anne that “H” is still alive and well and posting on TNUK ! All the best Dennis. :wink:

Bewick:

harry_gill:

Bewick:

Hiya,

Thanks for the kind compliment “H” anyway Mate enough of the B.S. !!! :wink: :sunglasses: How are you keeping with all this Corvid bollox that is plaguing our lives ? OK I trust ! And I can report that Anne and I were in Lancaster last week and we ran out to Morecambe to buy some bedding plants in the market and as we were travelling on the the opposite side of the Lune I commented that the “slanty little cottage” was still there on St Georges Quay and I wondered how my old pal “H” would be doing !! So I will tell Anne that “H” is still alive and well and posting on TNUK ! All the best Dennis. :wink:

Hiya,
Thank’s Dennis for informing me that my Grandads old house is
still standing I think it would have tumbled down long ago was
it not clamped between the pub and next door tother side the
floors inside are equally slanted and in my day the furniture
had to be levelled up with wedges. I was told as a child that
the house had been built by a sailing ship skipper who when at
home felt more comfortable walking about on sloping “decks”.
Nice to hear you and your’e good lady are keeping well.

Bewick:

Hiya,
A pleasure to be stuck behind in traffic Eh’ Dennis, but show the
lad who loaded the third one along how to make a “pigs ear” to
pull that bit of slack out of the last bit, he’ll learn.