roping and sheeting

OzzyHugh:
Smart bit of sheeting there Bewick

Credit to your driver of the day.

Both trailers would have been loaded by our Shunters and were parked in the depot ready for the off with one of the road fleet. But thanks for the kind comment “OH” ! Cheers Bewick.

windrush:

OzzyHugh:

Obviously attending ROF’s ‘overpriced sheeting and roping course’ paid dividends for that driver? :wink:

Pete.

He’s keeping very quiet about the R&S courses, pal- still haven’t seen a single penny. Much like his mate, Dan!

this is one of my attempts whilst out with dad on school holiday 1967

Retired Old ■■■■:

windrush:

OzzyHugh:

Obviously attending ROF’s ‘overpriced sheeting and roping course’ paid dividends for that driver? :wink:

Pete.

He’s keeping very quiet about the R&S courses, pal- still haven’t seen a single penny. Much like his mate, Dan!

There is an old fashioned saying ROF,----- "Those that can DO ! Those that can’t TEACH " may I suggest that you obviously fall into the latter category ROF ! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :blush: Oh! and how do you know that it wasn’t me that sheeted and roped those two tandems ? :smiley: :sunglasses: :wink: So lets see some of your efforts or them of your “students” :unamused: :wink: :laughing: :laughing:

Rofs first student here ,with an example :laughing: ,you will no the straps on top of the sheet to please the gendarmerie and it looks like Iam on a ferry .

Oh dear it’s the wrong way ,perhaps I was on the persiden :laughing:

image.jpega Derbyshire cross on the back :smiley:

Punchy Dan:
0a Derbyshire cross on the back :smiley:

Lol,lol,lol :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :laughing:

David

Punchy Dan:
0Rofs first student here ,with an example :laughing: ,you will no the straps on top of the sheet to please the gendarmerie and it looks like Iam on a ferry .

That looks like the slow lane in the new Mersey T :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: unnel to me !

johneileen52:
this is one of my attempts whilst out with dad on school holiday 1967

Bewick won’t like it.The dollies are on the correct side of the front and rear crosses again. :smiling_imp: :smiley:

I don’t like to advertise, Dennis, especially as so many of my customers are a wee bit late in settling their accounts. Like about twenty bl**dy years late!!! :wink:

Retired Old ■■■■:
I don’t like to advertise, Dennis, especially as so many of my customers are a wee bit late in settling their accounts. Like about twenty bl**dy years late!!! :wink:

Obviously the teaching was rubbish otherwise they would paid up at the time :blush: :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

This is a depot shot of the first new TASK tri axle T93 we put into service in 1983 T90/91/92 were Crane Fruehauf and Cranes dropped a right bollock when they insisted on using Propar Axles and suspensions on T 92 ! which was against my explicit instructions which were to build the trailers using our preferred axles ROR i.e. Rubery Owen Rockwell ! So you vote with your feet and I cancelled the other 7 I had on order at Crane Fruehauf ! I quickly discussed my problem with my old Pal the late Malc Woodhouse Snr. and he introduced me to TASK Scotland and the M.D. Tom Dinning at ■■■■■■■■■■■■ They were very happy to build trailers to our exact spec ( as well as using ROR axles !) So IIRC our next approx. 150 tri axle trailers came from ■■■■■■■■■■■ until disaster struck and TASK were taken over by Montracon ! :blush: :frowning: which was after 12 years of dealing with Taskers so I switched back to Crane Fruehauf chassis for the Boalloy Tautliners we were heavily into by then. I also bought a number of Grahams of Gildersome bodies on CF chassis and a few Lawrence David curtainsiders which were acceptable but they weren’t Boalloys so say no more ! :wink: Cheers Bewick.

Went past Boalloy’s last week and found not much happening. Are they in some sort of trouble or was the firm on annual holiday?

Seen this in a mag how would you rate his sheeting and roping mr Bewick :smiley:

image.jpeg

smallcoal:
Seen this in a mag how would you rate his sheeting and roping mr Bewick :smiley:

Why ask me and not ROF ? However, IMHO whoever sheeted this trailer has used too much sheet on the front end ! Can’t see the back of the load so can’t comment ! But it obviously has been “stage managed” ! others may have a different opinion ! Cheers Bewick.

Retired Old ■■■■:
Went past Boalloy’s last week and found not much happening. Are they in some sort of trouble or was the firm on annual holiday?

It’s your fault Rof ,your courses are so good everyone has made a return to flats and sheets and poor old boalloy have gone bump :open_mouth:

Punchy Dan:

Retired Old ■■■■:

It’s your fault Rof ,your courses are so good everyone has made a return to flats and sheets and poor old boalloy have gone bump :open_mouth:

I believe someone bought the Boalloy intellectual property rights and they live down the South coast somewhere from what I’ve heard . But the best years of Boalloy are over but they were a great firm to deal with and I had many many trailers bodied at Congleton and during their time the opposition couldn’t hold a candle to them, go no further than look at “Fast Eddie” they bought nothing else but Boalloys and as much as I didn’t particularly rate Edward’s business methods you couldn’t fault his choice of trailers ! Cheers Bewick.

Bewick:

Punchy Dan:

Retired Old ■■■■:

I believe someone bought the Boalloy intellectual property rights and they live down the South coast somewhere from what I’ve heard . But the best years of Boalloy are over but they were a great firm to deal with and I had many many trailers bodied at Congleton and during their time the opposition couldn’t hold a candle to them, go no further than look at “Fast Eddie” they bought nothing else but Boalloys and as much as I didn’t particularly rate Edward’s business methods you couldn’t fault his choice of trailers ! Cheers Bewick.

In fact he liked them so much he bought the company; but it didn’t last long.

That’s sad news, chaps. When you think of the brilliant innovations they made over the years……………………………… :cry: