roping and sheeting

IIRC Edward only bought the “van body” part of Bo-alloy and not the main Tautliner operation. IMHO there have been many imitations but the authentic Boalloy Tautliner of the late 70’s/80’s and 90’s was unbeatable and I can speak from experience having run a couple of hundred or so of them ! I’m not clued up on the latest innovations of Curtainsiders but some of them I do notice could not hold a “candle” to the original and only Boalloy Tautliner ! Cheers Bewick.

Carryfast:

johneileen52:
this is one of my attempts whilst out with dad on school holiday 1967

Bewick won’t like it.The dollies are on the correct side of the front and rear crosses again. :smiling_imp: :smiley:

I always did it the other way, with the dolly on the low side of the cross, with the object of the cross being to stop the load moving backwards or forward, it made sense to me to apply the tension at the shallower angle and pull back or forth, rather than down.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Bewick:
IIRC Edward only bought the “van body” part of Bo-alloy and not the main Tautliner operation. IMHO there have been many imitations but the authentic Boalloy Tautliner of the late 70’s/80’s and 90’s was unbeatable and I can speak from experience having run a couple of hundred or so of them ! I’m not clued up on the latest innovations of Curtainsiders but some of them I do notice could not hold a “candle” to the original and only Boalloy Tautliner ! Cheers Bewick.

Doesn’t go down too well to agree 100% with our ■■■■■■■■ friend, but I’m with him all the way on this one. :wink:

Retired Old ■■■■:

Bewick:

Doesn’t go down too well to agree 100% with our ■■■■■■■■ friend, but I’m with him all the way on this one. :wink:

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

correct this is the only way

newmercman:

Carryfast:

johneileen52:
this is one of my attempts whilst out with dad on school holiday 1967

Bewick won’t like it.The dollies are on the correct side of the front and rear crosses again. :smiling_imp: :smiley:

I always did it the other way, with the dolly on the low side of the cross, with the object of the cross being to stop the load moving backwards or forward, it made sense to me to apply the tension at the shallower angle and pull back or forth, rather than down.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Seen on an industrial estate today ,anon :wink:

Punchy Dan:

I think the reg gives it away :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: how are you Dan how’s work you busy

smallcoal:

Punchy Dan:

I think the reg gives it away :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: how are you Dan how’s work you busy

:open_mouth: ooh I’ve been found out ! Iam good thanks John hope you are , Iam busy with both motors at the min ,Iam trying to make a gap to have a holiday :neutral_face:

Punchy Dan:

Now that is a new twist on a sleeper cab :wink: Cheers Dennis.

You made a decent job of that Dan. You certainly do get some irregular shaped loads to deal with lad, just shows that not everyone has nice square cornered loads of boxes etc to just chuck a duvet over, take a photo of it (that probably took longer than the actual sheeting!) and then crack off ‘down south’ from (for example :wink: ) the ■■■■■■■ area with it. :smiley:

Pete.

image.jpeg

just another day out the office !
image.jpeg:lol: :laughing: :laughing:

windrush:
You made a decent job of that Dan. You certainly do get some irregular shaped loads to deal with lad, just shows that not everyone has nice square cornered loads of boxes etc to just chuck a duvet over, take a photo of it (that probably took longer than the actual sheeting!) and then crack off ‘down south’ from (for example :wink: ) the ■■■■■■■ area with it. :smiley:

Pete.

Would someone who HASN’T forgotten all the French lessons that we endured at skool please remind me what the motto on the gates translates as? I’ve got as far as “All’well” but the second half eludes me somewhat ( that last little phrase inserted just to let those ■■■■■■■■ folk know that we did have grammar skools in our neck of the woods. Or “oods” in the local tongue!)

Retired Old ■■■■:
Would someone who HASN’T forgotten all the French lessons that we endured at skool please remind me what the motto on the gates translates as? I’ve got as far as “All’well” but the second half eludes me somewhat ( that last little phrase inserted just to let those ■■■■■■■■ folk know that we did have grammar skools in our neck of the woods. Or “oods” in the local tongue!)

Do it well or not at all ,quite fitting on this thread ey :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Bewick:

Punchy Dan:

Hiya,
Dennis it’s a tramper on his annual camping holiday his wife and bairns
are in the tent, it saves on camping site fees park up on any industrial
estate and get the camping gas cooker going.
thanks harry, long retired.

I knew I’d heard it before, Dan, it was emblazoned on the side of my company vehicle when I ran the Overpriced R&S Courses, although it looked just a tad out of place on the Bentley.
Many thanks for the info.

harry_gill:

Bewick:

Punchy Dan:

Hiya,
Dennis it’s a tramper on his annual camping holiday his wife and bairns
are in the tent, it saves on camping site fees park up on any industrial
estate and get the camping gas cooker going.
thanks harry, long retired.

Iam not sure Denz’l will fit in the tent shape ,being shaped like a corneto he’d need turning up side down . :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :wink: :blush: :blush:

image.jpeg
Here’s what was under the sheet ,about £97,000 control unit for a grain store .

Crikey Dan, that grain store only just fits the bed of that Foden! :open_mouth: Bet you had fun avoiding telephone and power cables plus low flying aircraft on the trip, a good job that a professional driver from the Derbyshire Dales was piloting it and I’m certain that Denzil will forgive you for not sheeting it. :laughing:

Pete.