roping and sheeting

Circa 1970 Southbound Sunday on the M6 at Sandbach possibly . Cheers Bewick.

Big J pulling out of the depot fully freighted!

A shot of one of the very first three Tri axles ( CF) we bought at Bewick Transport ( £6,250 each) in 1983 but from then on we bought nothing else but TASK trailers built at ■■■■■■■■■■■ to our own “spec”. The shot looks like it is coupled to a new Sed/Atk which would date the shot to mid 1984. Cheers Bewick.

Bewick:
A shot of one of the very first three Tri axles ( CF) we bought at Bewick Transport ( £6,250 each) in 1983 but from then on we bought nothing else but TASK trailers built at ■■■■■■■■■■■ to our own “spec”. The shot looks like it is coupled to a new Sed/Atk which would date the shot to mid 1984. Cheers Bewick.

Well Dennis thats a good shot of a good old SedAki Outfit, Keep these old photos rolling please Regards Larry,

Bewick:

Bewick..jpg

I am not being pernickety Dennis but I just wondered with that bridge being between the two motors if that photo could of been taken on Keele Services. I have a feeling that Sandbach Services didn’t open until the mid 70’s. :confused:

Regards Steve.

mushroomman:

Bewick:

I am not being pernickety Dennis but I just wondered with that bridge being between the two motors if that photo could of been taken on Keele Services. I have a feeling that Sandbach Services didn’t open until the mid 70’s. :confused:

Regards Steve.

Well it must have been either Knutsford or Keele Steve as you are quite right about Sandbach opening later on and this shot was definitely circa 1970 ! Cheers Dennis.

rigsby:

Bewick:

Silly boy , always keep the back foot on the ground in case the rope slips . I learnt the hard way going arse over tip until I got the message .

Me too, but I was told to pass the rope down to the ground, then up over my shoulder and tighten it up with my foot in the bottom of the loop.

Couldn’t get it as tight, and awkward to do, so carried on with the traditional method. But with both feet on the ground. Still went over backwards if the rope snapped though.

Spardo:

rigsby:

Bewick:

Silly boy , always keep the back foot on the ground in case the rope slips . I learnt the hard way going arse over tip until I got the message .

Me too, but I was told to pass the rope down to the ground, then up over my shoulder and tighten it up with my foot in the bottom of the loop.

Couldn’t get it as tight, and awkward to do, so carried on with the traditional method. But with both feet on the ground. Still went over backwards if the rope snapped though.

I have watched this method of roping “Spardo” and it looked fairly impressive but I tried to get the hang of it but to no avail !! so I just kept on with my own tried and tested method ! Cheers Bewick.

Bewick:

Spardo:

rigsby:

Bewick:

I have watched this method of roping “Spardo” and it looked fairly impressive but I tried to get the hang of it but to no avail !! so I just kept on with my own tried and tested method ! Cheers Bewick.

I always thought that if I couldn’t get it tight enough with one dolly , double dolly was the answer . No way was I doing a swan dive in the slurry at the ice lime works .Dave

I always thought the double dolly was for us weaklings. Cheyenne and Big Norman on Mitchell & Robertson would never employ a double dolly but then they didn’t need to as both were built like brick s—houses.

Double dollies were for really dodgy loads like timber or steel mesh, and in any case, if a rope broke you still went flying.

If you used decent ropes and looked after them they shouldn’t have broken but I’ll admit that if you were a bit “lean” with the loop on a hitch you could land on your arse but when you were young and fit hey! you just bounced back up after saying %^*■■!! 'it !! and carried on ! Cheers Bewick.

Sadly, and more dangerously, it wasn’t always only your arse that hit the deck. More than once I saw stars after my head made contact with the ground.

Could explain alot now, nearly 50 years later. :confused:

^^ Tidy. But of course, it’s yet another of Bewick’s easy loads! :wink:

Retired Old ■■■■:

Come on Casey , cut him a bit of slack , poor old chap’s doing his best .

When did you start using transparent sheets? :confused:

Retired Old ■■■■:

Well considering the fact that you probably have great difficulty " loading a rifle or sheeting a bed" Casey why are you picking on a little outfit from ■■■■■■■ who quite properly take great pride in their sheeting and roping skills and are not ashamed to show photographic evidence of their efforts ! :open_mouth: So come on then you do a lot of spouting about your R & S courses but you don’t seem to be able to show prospective punters examples of your “work” :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :frowning: :open_mouth: :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Dennis.

Retired Old ■■■■:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: