Romanians

Juddian:
I only know two Romanian drivers, one a middle aged geezer and one about 30, they are both polite decent respectful blokes and competent drivers to boot (old school through the system) who don’t have the increasingly British habit of finding work interferes with their far more important social life…check out the Christmas anti working threads for examples.

If the rest of them are like these two, and i would employ both without a moments hesitation, some of our wingeing work shy natives had better pull their socks up or face bleak state subsidised futures.

Sadly only too true I fear

I don’t see a problem myself, companies, however tight they are, simply aren’t allowed to get rid of drivers & replace them with a, potentially, cheaper option. Anyway, whose to say they will work for peanuts, anyone, from anywhere, would surely be asking around to see what the going rate is. You will find that groups of immigrants in a new country will tend to look after each other & try to help each other out, unless you’re a Brit abroad that is, then they tend to avoid each other like the plague.
Just do your job properly and you don’t give anyone a reason to replace you.

Mucker1:

Fallmonk:
Had a guy in our place today loading a fridge full of booze, probably to much weight in my opinion, started it up drove out didn’t wait till air up ripped mud flap off.
went over to see if he wanted a few tie straps to hold it in place, in broken English said it was ok.

They’ll keep wages lower by working for buttons and undoubtedly run as long as the job takes so TM’s will be in their element but reality will hit home eventually with repair and damage costs and VOSA pulls .

Cheaper rarely equates to quality.

I’ve work for haulage companies that haven’t employed any foreign drivers, but still seem to have plenty of damage done by stupid actions and they weren’t only done by new drivers plenty of it was by old hands who you thought should know better.

robroy:

49er:

Tarrman:
This isn’t intended as a dig

Of course it is a dig, and one i agree with … :unamused:

…What have the Romanians ever done for US ■■ :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I nearly spat my drink out laughing at that :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

i loaded at culina haverhill on friday and thought i had entered poland

scotstrucker:

got the same spooky sensation at cert octavian in Rotherham

■■■■■■■:

scotstrucker:

I think you might need new sat navs

Slackbladder:

■■■■■■■:

scotstrucker:

I think you might need new sat navs

:laughing: :laughing:

Well if you think you’re in Poland just don’t use the phrase “super duper” :wink:

Tarrman:
Have they started coming over early? (

Yes, no disrespect but you are a bit slow on the uptake here, a third of Big Issue sellers are Romanian/Bulgarian already, these are the smart ones who figured out that they could come to the UK, register as self-employed (selling the Big Issue) and then claim benefits.

The rest of them will be here in the next fortnight.

Relax everyone, the politicians have said they aren’t coming in droves & won’t be leeching off the state, phew. One even said they put more into the pot in taxes than they take out in benefits. Well, that’s cleared that up.

Both labour and conservative give so much to immigrants I’m surprised any of them need to work!

Just to put your mind at Rest Tarrman, Both Bulgaria and Romania are the same as the UK with Green Nozzles for Petrol and Black Nozzles for Diesel

I can’t comment on Romanian wages for truck drivers but Bulgarians are currently paid around £30 per day for local and £35 + allowance per day for Euro work which is actually higher than a doctor, nurse or Teacher whose paid around £160 per month but up to now I’m unaware of anyone getting ready to rush to the UK :slight_smile:

Sod that…I am off to Romania for a wage rise :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

containers_only:
Both labour and conservative give so much to immigrants I’m surprised any of them need to work!

So, I must have done something wrong, cos all I got the child benefit for a nine years old kid, about £81/month… :frowning: :frowning: :smiley: :smiley:

Drift:

Any good for a holiday? surely if people are paid £30-35 a day, it must be cheap as hell to live there

trubster:

Drift:

Any good for a holiday? surely if people are paid £30-35 a day, it must be cheap as hell to live there

Its cheap for a reason bruv. I spent a lot of time in that part of the world last year and I aint rushing to start a new life!!

■■■■■■■:

trubster:

Drift:

Its cheap for a reason bruv. I spent a lot of time in that part of the world last year and I aint rushing to start a new life!!

Never been Romania, but I actually really like Bulgaria.

Lots of history and culture, friendly and helpful people - although the language is very difficult for me.

Roads leave a lot to be desired.

I’ve seen it over the last 7 or so years go from mainly horse and cart and the odd Lada, to driving VW’s and Skoda’s, and this is in the villages.

Not sure how cheap it is going to be this year, but still an amazing place to visit for the sights and the value for money.

I’m in UK til Mid January then back off to Bulgaria, Seen the changes over the past 3 years and got no regrets whatsoever, Roads are not so bad now Wayne with the EU grants for road repairs and with China investing in new roads as part of their investment package in return for trade etc.

Price wise there is only the ciggies thats really going to go up and thats because the EU are saying they have to bring them in line with EU prices over the next 7 years so the price will increase from £1.90 to £2.15 in Jan then a further 25-50p each year after that.

Luckily it’s not been hit the same as Spain up to now so holidays are still cheap and value for money on the Black Sea Coast but even cheaper if you book for a holiday inland towards Veliko Tarnovo the historic former capital which is rife with history and ancient architecture.

Workwise, very little available in BG but having said that I’ve never looked so only going by what Bulgarian friends are saying, as for them queuing up to rush to the uk? That’s ■■■■■■■■ those that want to go to the UK are already there, the only real difference from January 1st is that they no longer need to apply for work visa’s which rogue companies in BG charged them more than double for to do the paperwork and had Bulgarians working for them as an agency worker giving them a percentage of the wage earned, so overall the Bulgarian migrant will be able to go to the UK and work directly for the employer in future.

I think my mate still has a purpose built villa/apartment in Bulgaria he rents out, he seems to be doing well but he has fingers in so many pies :laughing:

Davey Driver:
I’m in UK til Mid January then back off to Bulgaria, Seen the changes over the past 3 years and got no regrets whatsoever, Roads are not so bad now Wayne with the EU grants for road repairs and with China investing in new roads as part of their investment package in return for trade etc.

Price wise there is only the ciggies thats really going to go up and thats because the EU are saying they have to bring them in line with EU prices over the next 7 years so the price will increase from £1.90 to £2.15 in Jan then a further 25-50p each year after that.

Luckily it’s not been hit the same as Spain up to now so holidays are still cheap and value for money on the Black Sea Coast but even cheaper if you book for a holiday inland towards Veliko Tarnovo the historic former capital which is rife with history and ancient architecture.

Workwise, very little available in BG but having said that I’ve never looked so only going by what Bulgarian friends are saying, as for them queuing up to rush to the uk? That’s ■■■■■■■■ those that want to go to the UK are already there, the only real difference from January 1st is that they no longer need to apply for work visa’s which rogue companies in BG charged them more than double for to do the paperwork and had Bulgarians working for them as an agency worker giving them a percentage of the wage earned, so overall the Bulgarian migrant will be able to go to the UK and work directly for the employer in future.

Main roads are much better, but in May I was heading from Belogradchik towards Pleven and the main road was closed for some guys in hi-vis’ to look at, so we followed the diversion and lost 2 wheels :blush:

Got a pic somewhere of the moon surface, I mean road, where it happened. I shoulda slowed down a bit more but I had things planned to do - hindsight and all that…

I love Veliko, it’s a lovely town / city, visited about 4 times so far, always stay right in the centre. Lost my brother in law in Spider bar one night when the Bulgarian women stole him - he’s skinny and pale and ginger…